Florida recruiting - yikes

Based on many of the posts here, the long term future of UF’s program is 100000% dependent on our final ESD rankings today. Nothing else matters.

Guess what? They’re right.

0-12
I mean I are you sure the Florida fans wouldn't be happy with all the kids Napier had multi year relationships with at Lafayette and bring those guys with him for a full 25 at Florida?😄

Yeah I can’t recall the last guy we flipped from a rival on signing day.

It seems like we lost one or two on signing day, or got our hopes up on a kid who had us in his Top 3 but went elsewhere. The safety who picked Miami over us on signing day immediately comes to mind.

That said, if Napier establishes a pipeline into IMG, our rivals should be concerned.

But alas, our class is still ranked 187th or whatnot, so clearly we won’t be competing for the East anytime soon.

Reactions: perico
For sake of argument, I don’t care what the reason is.

The only guys we’ve gotten this highly rated recently were from the transfer portal.

LW can correct me if I am wrong, but I seriously can’t remember the last guy who was an unknown on signing day that Florida landed.

So, it doesn’t solve all of the programs problems and I didn’t mean to imply that it did.

What I will say, is based on what has happened in a week, recruiting will not be a problem moving forward.

For sake of argument, he can suck as a coach and the recruiting won’t matter. Who knows?

But, the recruiting is going to be much better. I’m pretty confident in saying that

Edit: The other part is that Florida has one more today that they should get that's also a legit prospect. And then, of course, they still have until the February signing day to get whatever else they can. Supposedly, there are Louisiana kids that Napier has a relationship with, like the RB Etienne. But, he doesn't even have a staff yet. That's what makes this fairly impressive. You guys have been through this, but coaching changes with an Early Signing Day are disastrous

So his floor is Ron Zook and his ceiling is Urban Meyer minus the convicts and health issues

I just want the game’s competitive again.

I bumped a post from a thread in the football forum.

But, if you look at the recruiting rankings......there aren't going to be many games anymore against anyone that aren't competitive unless it's "one of those days".

The "also rans" in the conference have top 25 recruiting classes. It will fluctuate after February's signing day, but still.

Those schools never recruited this well on a regular basis and I think it will be a regular occurrence moving forward.

You can lose due to a lack of talent, but you're not going to go out on the field and "out talent" a whole lot of people anymore. At least, not for long.

JMO

This mf'er just swooped in and in two weeks, got a 4 star corner flip from ND, the number one safety in the country, and a 5 star linebacker...I tried to tell people about this guy...This class is gonna be smaller, more subdued, Nape said he's gonna be patient and pick and choose the guys he wants to go after...But 23' and beyond? the flood gates open, I mean WIDE open.

Considering UF rarely if ever pulls a kid away from Kirby on signing day, let alone a kid from IMG. That school has been Kryptonite for us.

I’m usually the 0-12 guy, but this is positive for us, and 100% unexpected.
He was uncommitted wasn't he? If so, that's not a flip.

I thought the Wilson kid was committed to UGA.

Shemar James was a verbal to UF until Mullen was fired. So we didn’t flip him.

I don’t follow recruiting closely enough to know Wilson’s history.
Wilson wasn't committed but he was thought to be a UGA lean until recently. Good pull for you guys. I'm sure Napier was able to sell playing time but that's a huge improvement on what you had. Mullen couldn't sell a rope to a drowning man and seemed to take pride in it.

Wilson wasn't committed but he was thought to be a UGA lean until recently. Good pull for you guys. I'm sure Napier was able to sell playing time but that's a huge improvement on what you had. Mullen couldn't sell a rope to a drowning man and seemed to take pride in it.

Yeah I can’t overstate how crazy it is for us to beat UGA out, on signing day, for a kid from IMG.

That’s akin to capturing smartphone video of Bigfoot having sex with a unicorn.

VN Store

Back