Florida is not that good

The fla. front seven is as good as any in the league and our OL match ups don't look very promising . They got whipped by app st. and ohio so why should we believe they would play any better vs. a much better reptile "D". If we don't beat the gators the program takes a step back, it is a pivotal game. :crossfingers:

Wow an internet tough guy. Look out guys.

You're right, carry on with the whining.

This team makes me proud to be a Vol, but our fans can suck. Never seen so much belly aching over a 3-0 team.

Grown up, move on, support your team... Otherwise, why are you here?

Reactions: 9 people
If Florida is not good, then Ohio, App St., and VA tech must be god awful. If we win it will be pure luck. We have not been prepared for these first few games.

Reactions: 1 person
the saddest part about this is we're now reduced to hoping and praying that they just suck out loud, so we can win.

that says a lot about where we are right now. lotta good all that pre season "hype" is doing now. people wondering where we'll be ranked and ....who cares?

I'm thinking how we would match up w/ FL. Their strength is DB, and will look to take away our short passes, b/c their DL will be living in our backfield. If Ohio and Ap St can take away our insignificant shot gun east/west run game, hard for me to think FL won't do the same. Only things I can think of is get Dobbs out of the pocket on passing downs, so he won't get slaughtered, and line up in the dang "I" formation, w/ Dobbs under center and power run the ball, along w/ a steady dose of trap. Drives me crazy how we line up in "I" formation out in shot gun, where Dobbs is 5 yards back and Hurd is 8 yards back. Gotta play mistake free solid fundamental football, which seems like we've forgotten how to do since LY, and hope we don't make a hero out of Del Rio... Will be another close one, and am abundantly less confident now of a win than I was at the start of the season.

the saddest part about this is we're now reduced to hoping and praying that they just suck out loud, so we can win.

that says a lot about where we are right now. lotta good all that pre season "hype" is doing now. people wondering where we'll be ranked and ....who cares?

ill be at Neyland next Saturday and I'll be bringing it from the stands.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Del Rio may be better than you are giving him credit for. But in big picture sense, I don't think anyone is claiming the Gators are anything special.

We're probably decent. Not great.

No he's not good. Playcalling has been very good for Florida. The run game is protecting him. How many picks did he almost throw against UK early in the game?

You still have a defense. Developing run game, and really a great overall scheme offensively.

Shoops defense is going to give you all trouble next week.

Offensively our line won't be any worse against the Gators. You still have to defend Dobbs.

Next year Florida should be good. 2018 Very good.

I'm not sure what to expect next week... but the Gators aren't good yet.

Maybe we should put Jennings in to run the triple option every now and again. Can't really make the offense much worse

Are you gonna try to convince Deboard that? That's like trying to convince an ornery old man who's worn Hanes righty whiteys for 70 years to switch to boxer briefs. Even if it's perceived as a way to make things better it ain't gonna happen. We hired an OC that's about as straight edged as they come.

I think Del Rio may be better than you are giving him credit for. But in big picture sense, I don't think anyone is claiming the Gators are anything special.

We're probably decent. Not great.

What's your scouting report on Florida's defense?

Unless we are hiding everything we have, I don't see DeBore coming out of his shell and calling a good enough game to win it. Florida is not that good and neither are we.

I don't buy the "we're hiding stuff". This team has play-makers, however, this team is going to get whacked. We're not going to be able to slow down the rush, they will contain Dobbs and make him throw out of the pocket (INT coming), and it is going to get ugly unless the Gators totally implode. 3 plays, 38 seconds, 55 yards and a TD, then what--nothing, nada. Nothing like eeking out a W. Is that all it takes to win the SEC East? Pathetic. Yes, I'm grateful for a "W" but it's difficult to watch this team. I don't know whether it's just the play-calling, execution, or both but this team struggles to even make a 3rd down; against Ohio for crying out loud. It's really embarrassing. :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
We will lose this game by 28 points. The team will quit around the 3rd quarter. This is 2005 all over again

Reactions: 3 people
this is the stuff that's going to kill me this week.

there is absolutely no way we win this game IF these two things aren't better:
1. our o line against that front 7 is a complete mis match. they won't have to have 7 or 8 guys in the box. they'll live in the backfield if everything stays the same.
2. the defensive injuries we experienced today, if they require missed time immediately, are "catastrophe" like.

i want to win. i'll be there in the stadium. i'll still be a fan no matter what. but there's no way i can look at our match up against their defense and say "advantage TN".

it ain't there. and this game will be supremely difficult for us to score.

Look how difficult it was for us to score after the opening drive. Despite today's injuries this team will get crucified if they get their act together on execution & play-calling I think is very suspect. As usual I recorded the game but afterward I immediately deleted it--who wants to watch this crap more than once?

Seems to me they're always good enough to beat us. Show me differently.

That's what different about the chemistry of this team so far!

We've been playing like we're playing against Florida everyweek this season lol. Except we're winning.

This had already been a long season for team 120...
They will not be nervous next week.

Why would they be nervous next week--they're going to get blown out (and if they don't play better) and deservedly so. We've received a lot of breaks thus far, some of which we made ourselves, but you can't count on getting turnovers from UF to keep you in the game. No fear of the pass game.

I think that we can safely say that our chances of winning next week have dropped. That doesn't mean that we can't get it done. Coaches get to earn their money this week. Players have to execute and youngsters on defense get an opportunity to show up and show out. If this week doesn't give you an ulcer every year then you just aren't doing it right. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people

Agreed. Even 25th ranked Miami just blew out App State so where does that put our # 15 ranking? In the toilet. And. so much for all that much publicized depth.

VN Store

Back