Florida gun owner who claimed self-defense convicted in 'Stand Your Ground' case

I think most of the reasonable gun owners agreed with you. You can’t shoot someone who is retreating unless there’s a reasonable fear they’re doing so to get a weapon and won’t stop when ordered to do so.
That wasn’t the case here. It’s also why my first self defense move is the bat. Non lethal strikes to the knees or shoulder will drop anyone without me killing them.
My go to move in training was to faint high to get their hands up and smash them just above the ankle.

To me the biggest problem is hallways - not much swinging room. I like the concept of a sawed off shotgun for close spaces. My wife and I were in PX looking at guns and I mentioned the sawed off shotgun thought, and the salesguy said let me show you something and brought out a
Mossberg 590 Nightstick Shockwave Pump Action Shotgun. A 12 gauge with no stock and no real grip. She was all ready to buy it when I managed to convince her otherwise - I wouldn't trust myself with that gun and I'm a lot bigger than she is.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
To me the biggest problem is hallways - not much swinging room. I like the concept of a sawed off shotgun for close spaces. My wife and I were in PX looking at guns and I mentioned the sawed off shotgun thought, and the salesguy said let me show you something and brought out a
Mossberg 590 Nightstick Shockwave Pump Action Shotgun. A 12 gauge with no stock and no real grip. She was all ready to buy it when I managed to convince her otherwise - I wouldn't trust myself with that gun and I'm a lot bigger than she is.

A pump without a stock is tricky unless one is very familiar. Without a shoulder to positively rack back against it's a lot easier to short shuck.

Reactions: AM64

This one is a sweetie.

50359_500_HS410.png

500 Tactical - HS410 Home Security | O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

410 for tight spaces

Reactions: AM64 and DynaLo
That Mossberg rocks. At 5.5 lbs it's great from the hip or shoulder with virtually no recoil. Chambered for 2.5" & 3" shells and the pump action is smooth as silk. Drop a sleeve on the stock and she's ready to roll.

Damn canoe accident😏

Red dropped hers in the woods hiking.
She really loved that gun.

The earlier picture was very old

Reactions: AM64 and DynaLo
I think Jeffries point still stands. You wake up and you see a guy standing in your bedroom, you're going to be able to get out of bed, to the safe in the closet, unlock it, get your gun out, and shoot it before he does anything? Are you flash?
And you think that overrides the right to bear arms?? The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with preventing home invasion. Well, unless that invader is the government.

And you think that overrides the right to bear arms?? The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with preventing home invasion. Well, unless that invader is the government.

You're right. It's about ensuring a well-regulated militia.

I carry my gun in my holster when I am at time the whole time till I go to bed. I leave my gun on the night stand next to me while I sleep. I take my gun to the bathroom with me while showering and then put my gun back on my holster.

I hsve back up guns in my safe but my main gun stays on me.

Why would someone with a holster suddenly take it out of the holster simply cause they are home and have kids around?

Just keep the gun on your hip.

Sheesh. You liberals make everything stupid difficult.

By the way evil...what kinda law you actually do? I always get a kick out of how the lawyers on here always seem to have so much free time. I have never met a real lawyer in my life who was successful that wasn’t buried in paperwork and needed 5 more hours in the day.

Roflmao...
You don't actually know any gun owners in real life do you?

Depending on the age of any children, if present in the home, most gun owners always have at least one that's easily accessible.

Children old enough to handle firearms are taught how to use them safely and where they are located.
If it wasn't argued in other threads that bad parenting is the reason for mass shootings, you might have an argument. But you don't. You tell a 12 year old that the Dems are going to take your guns, that kid might just end up F'ed in the head just like the parent that told them that. Most kids are timid when it comes to guns and it usually takes some encouragement from the parent to learn about them. I can imagine in gun circles that would include ridicule of a timid child. Most homes my ass. It's proven that a person is more likely to be shot if there are guns in the home. What's typical in your Holler is not typical for most households.

What's typical in your Holler is not typical for most households

My holler....

How's the thin air up on that liberal high horse?

This sanctimonious, better than everyone else, bull shite garbage attitude that the left routinely exhibits is exactly why the eff Donald Trump is now the POTUS.

Pfft..my little ole gun clinging azz isn't even going to bother dignifying the rest of your post with a response since you don't want and aren't worth an honest debate on the issue.

I carry my gun in my holster when I am at time the whole time till I go to bed. I leave my gun on the night stand next to me while I sleep. I take my gun to the bathroom with me while showering and then put my gun back on my holster.

Why would someone with a holster suddenly take it out of the holster simply cause they are home and have kids around?

By the way evil...what kinda law you actually do? I always get a kick out of how the lawyers on here always seem to have so much free time. I have never met a real lawyer in my life who was successful that wasn’t buried in paperwork and needed 5 more hours in the day.

You can bet some poor soul is paying dearly for the billable hours our fearless lawyers spend on VN trying to straighten us out. You'd think they might have figured out the term "incorrigible" by now and given it up; but they are persistent in the way only a social justice warrior can be.

Reactions: BigOrangeD and NEO

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drejka"s sentencing coming up in a few days. I will be very interested to see the reaction if and if hugs, kisses and Bibles will be passed around in this case.

I think Jeffries point still stands. You wake up and you see a guy standing in your bedroom, you're going to be able to get out of bed, to the safe in the closet, unlock it, get your gun out, and shoot it before he does anything? Are you flash?
As apposed to calling the popo and waiting for 30 min.

Are you that stupid to have your gun in your closet? Mine sits on my bed side table. Locked and loaded. To get into the safe it’s you have my, or my better halves, thumb print. My kid can’t access it. When she has friends over they can’t.

Who really doesn't keep a gun by their bed in the south?

VN Store

Back