Florida Gone

White took the air out of the ball too early and that half court trap defense left corner shooters from Oral Roberts have clean looks and they buried them. This tournament has been nuts. The differences between the major division schools and mid majors is shrinking.

I took oral roberts plus the nine, glad I did. Loved seeing schools prove you don't have to have 5 star players to win. Like Kenny Smith said if you got a team loaded with guys that know how to play the game right you can win. A good inside out game with good passers and guys that can and want to SHOOT and can hit consistently. I have seen several big men at smaller schools that could absolutely help us and they weren't all highly rated. Big guys that can move and have a great feel for the game. GBO!!!!

White took the air out of the ball too early and that half court trap defense left corner shooters from Oral Roberts have clean looks and they buried them. This tournament has been nuts. The differences between the major division schools and mid majors is shrinking.
Blame it on COVID-19

It’s time to go coach shopping.

We’ve lost that same game the same way over a dozen times the last few seasons.
I think there's a decent chance Mike heads north to work for his brother eventually. It wouldn't be a good hire, but I could see it happening.

It’s time to go coach shopping.

We’ve lost that same game the same way over a dozen times the last few seasons.

Yup.

White lacks the intensity and confidence to coach at this level.

UF is truly one of the better jobs out there. Though not a regular fixture on the 5 star scene, they are consistently in the tournament enough to garner 4 stars and make it work. We can still trade somewhat off of our run with Billy D. Time to cash that in.

Who do you hire that’s gonna be better?

Interesting to watch from the other side. Fire a coach with a 60% win rate for an unknown, worked out great for us with Ole Phil...

Interesting to watch from the other side. Fire a coach with a 60% win rate for an unknown, worked out great for us with Ole Phil...
Florida is certainly capable of hiring a basketball coach that can do better than 1 Sweet Sixteen in 5 tournaments. He's barely over .500 in SEC play since making the Elite Eight 5 seasons ago.

It isn't like he's consistently reaching Elite Eights or Final Fours and they want him gone because he can't deliver a title.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

There’s no great shortage of basketball coaches out there better than Mike White.

I took oral roberts plus the nine, glad I did. Loved seeing schools prove you don't have to have 5 star players to win. Like Kenny Smith said if you got a team loaded with guys that know how to play the game right you can win. A good inside out game with good passers and guys that can and want to SHOOT and can hit consistently. I have seen several big men at smaller schools that could absolutely help us and they weren't all highly rated. Big guys that can move and have a great feel for the game. GBO!!!!
You would be a fool not to take Oral;):D

VN Store

Back