Florida game fatigue already setting in (what are your plans?)

I've brought in a couple of good friends from Texas, who've only really seen Big 12 football games. For almost ten years we've been trying to coordinate a game in Knoxville - and last fall I circled this game and said "this is the one." I called my shot. Had a feeling this would be a banger of a game. So they're out here and I'm showing them around town, explaining the history, and we're going to sightsee a bit leading up to Saturday. And then we go to the game.

I've got us about 22 rows up at the 40 yard line. I'm excited. They have no idea what's coming. None. They think they're just going to another "big" football game. Ha. Ha ha. I am going to take their precious southwestern football souls and thrust them into the eye of the storm that is real SEC football. There will be no going back for them, not after this.

They. Have. No. Idea. But in three days - they will.

Last edited:
Bringing my 15 year old daughter to the game and trying to convince her to become a VOL FAN! I really want her to go to UT. Driving up from Bham friday night, staying in Athens. Waking up early Saturday, driving to Knoxville and plan to tour the campus, checkout the Vol Navy, Vol Walk, and find a tailgate to hangout at. Hit the student center for some swag. Victory dinner somewhere on the strip or old town then back to Bham.

Well we are actually playing in Cookeville at White Plains. Was rated a little higher.
Yeah, Lakeside is small. I have family ties to it. When I visit my family in Kingston , we always try to play a round or two there... great little course and people.

Reactions: FBtime
Currently camping out under the South ramp. Will wake up Saturday early to bathe in the river then hit up the bookstore then Calhouns then the Vol Walk.
Was that you I saw sleeping by Fieldhouse Social parking garage after the Ball St game?

Gonna make some tiramisu and watch the hallmark channel. Or lifetime! So many possibilities!

How in the world are you gonna fit a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond and a trip to Olive Garden into that schedule?

Saturdays are for relaxing man. You're gonna stress yourself out and you don't wanna get those worry lines again do you?

Watch Gameday at the Sports Book at Cherokee,and play cards and drink to calm my nerves until kickoff.

From reading all the posts on here, to watching game previews, reading various articles...it's just too much! I think the tipping point was reading about how we should consider rotating QBs lol. I am just ready to get to Friday morning when me and my little brother head east to God's country, play 18 holes of Golf and spend the night in Kingston. Then wake up Saturday morning and head to Knoxville to be a part of it all! LFG!

What are your plans and when do they start??

My grandparents lived in Kingston! Lot of great memories there!

I've brought in a couple of good friends from Texas, who've only really seen Big 12 football games. For almost ten years we've been trying to coordinate a game in Knoxville - and last fall I circled this game and said "this is the one." I called my shot. Had a feeling this would be a banger of a game. So they're out here and I'm showing them around town, explaining the history, and we're going to sightsee a bit leading up to Saturday. And then we go to the game.

I've got us about 22 rows up at the 40 yard line. I'm excited. They have no idea what's coming. None. They think they're just going to another "big" football game. Ha. Ha ha. I am going to take their precious southwestern football souls and thrust them into the eye of the storm that is real SEC football. There will be no going back for them, not after this.

Oh you have to share their reaction after the game!

Jesus man, are you sure they are prepared? That's kinda like telling someone you are taking them to drive go-karts and then taking them to drive in the Daytona 500. Some people are just cut out for big time SEC football fandom and some are not.

Oh the stories these gentlemen will tell when they get back to Texas. When they are actually able to hear again that is and that low level buzzing in their ears goes away. Probably by next Friday or so.

Having a big party at the house. I’ve got a keg of modleo in the kegerator, about 20 lbs of boston butts I’m going to smoke, wife is helping with all the fixins, bourbon, and cigars. Should be a good time.

Ribeyes will be marinated from Friday night, throw on baked potatoes around 1, steaks about 3 after a good sear and medium rare take em off fix the potato and pour up some bourbon just in time for kickoff GBO

Sounds awesome. I took someone’s lead last weekend and did ribeyes for the game - great advice. This week I’m firing up the smoker for a 15lb packers brisket. My little ladies like mac & cheese so I’ll make that for them and have some brews when they go to bed.

Reactions: volnation09
Golf with family in AM back for some grillen and frosty beverages . Celebrate a win . Head over to Tampa and watch Brady beat Rodgers on Sunday

Reactions: FBtime

You are going to have to capture their reaction on video and post later in this thread. They might start making comments when the band marches down the Hill into a sea of Orange

Reactions: Voltopia
Spent Tuesday in S. Pittsburg playing in the Rally in the Valley golf tournament to raise money for Kids Play Free and TN Golf Foundation. Great time at Sweetens Cove.
Would liked to have gone straight to KnoxVegas but had to come back to GA for client meetings.
Heading back up Friday afternoon and staying at the airport Hilton because I refuse to pay $1,300 a night for a hotel room…and they blocked points redemption downtown. ****
Week is flying by when there’s milestones to meet and making up for slacking off Tuesday.
Still need to make plans for the KnoxVegas festivities. What to do, what to do!?

VN Store

Back