Florida football

Voldog1998

What has happened to Florida Football? Since 2010 they have had 4 losing seasons and 5 losing SEC records, 2011, 2013,2017, 2021 and 2022. No SEC titles or national titles since 2008 and 6 non winning SEC seasons since 2010 along with 5 different head coaches. A team that used to be model of high level success in the SEC and dominated the league from 1990-2008 they have basically turned into us or what we were from 2008-2020 but it looks like we have finally turned it around while the Gators are still stuck in the mud. I believe Billy Napier must win 7 or 8 games this season or he is gone.

What has happened to Florida Football? Since 2010 they have had 4 losing seasons and 5 losing SEC records, 2011, 2013,2017, 2021 and 2022. No SEC titles or national titles since 2008 and 6 non winning SEC seasons since 2010 along with 5 different head coaches. A team that used to be model of high level success in the SEC and dominated the league from 1990-2008 they have basically turned into us or what we were from 2008-2020 but it looks like we have finally turned it around while the Gators are still stuck in the mud. I believe Billy Napier must win 7 or 8 games this season or he is gone.

Stop recruiting at a high level and that’s what happens. Ask Tennessee and it’s fans

I hope we beat them in the ground at the swamp this year

I don't think they'll have too much of a problem beating Florida this year,even at the swamp. As far as what you asked, it's definitely a matter of recruiting and realizing they can't coast to 9 wins a year like they did in the past. After Utah last year, they were really below average. A little surprising. Napier needs to start recruiting better and showing his coaching ability. If not, he is going to be on that hot seat fast.

Yet we only beat them twice

And a last play INT to preserve it this year. Weird how we've played against them.

While this is true on paper, this doesn't really tell the whole story. We were up by 3 scores with like 4 minutes left. A couple of stalls and a couple of really lucky bounces gave them a chance at one last desperation play, that's really what it came down to.

I don't think they'll have too much of a problem beating Florida this year,even at the swamp. As far as what you asked, it's definitely a matter of recruiting and realizing they can't coast to 9 wins a year like they did in the past. After Utah last year, they were really below average. A little surprising. Napier needs to start recruiting better and showing his coaching ability. If not, he is going to be on that hot seat fast.
If you put their players in a Kentucky uniform with Florida coach, we would kill them.

Put the same players in a Gator uniform and it will be a struggle. OP listed all their issues since 2010 or so and we’ve only beat them twice?

Mind is a powerful thing..

If you put their players in a Kentucky uniform with Florida coach, we would kill them.

Put the same players in a Gator uniform and it will be a struggle. OP listed all their issues since 2010 or so and we’ve only beat them twice?

Mind is a powerful thing..

Their issues since 2010 are chump change in comparison to our issues since 2010.

There was an article a while back when Florida botched the NIL thing, or maybe it was a Josh Pate youtube, basically stating that coaching is not as big a slice of the recipe for winning as is what the alumni is doing with NIL. The punch line was that if the school doesn't "pony up" NIL, Napier could be the next Steve Spurrier and he's still screwed. That's how NIL has shifted things.

Complacency. Muschamp in particular on that score.

I think Napier is in good shape if he wins 7 this year. Another 6-6 season, or worse, and he'll be on the hot seat for '24. Would prefer it if he had 3 more years to turn it around rather than just 2 years, but its a what have you done for me lately kind of a world.

Complacency. Muschamp in particular on that score.

I think Napier is in good shape if he wins 7 this year. Another 6-6 season, or worse, and he'll be on the hot seat for '24. Would prefer it if he had 3 more years to turn it around rather than just 2 years, but its a what have you done for me lately kind of a world.
Your posts keep coming, but all I see is your avi.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back