Flop montage

The bad thing about flopping is that it casts suspicions upon those who actually get hurt. At the end of the game is one thing. All game long is an entirely different matter. Unfortunately, the fans' behavior at the end of the game will lessen the likelihood that proper attention will be given to the matter
I disagree. Flopping was a part of the flame under the pot that caused it to pop. When the meeting is held (if there is one) to get to the root of this (mostly peaceful) display of civil disobedience, anyone honest with themselves will say this caused it.

I was at the game. On the long drive home, my son and I had a long talk about it. I know how the people sitting around me felt at each flop. The were booing and mad as hell.

I haven’t seen the TV broadcast, but I can only imagine. An announcer can’t condone the crowd anger, so since ther was nothing else to talk about, I’m sure there was a half hour of painting the scene in a bad light. And before you flame me, it was bad. They began arresting people and it slowed down. I was happy to see that.

But I’m commenting on the why, not it being right or wrong. The flopping was the source of ever increasing frustration as the game progressed. And The game was close enough that a fan base very hungry and deserving for a good win, was watching a coach use a chicks*t tactic to keep the momentum from shifting.

I think the result of this could be very useful in getting the elephant out of the room and addressing the flopping.

As some have said. Yes there are classless fans. But UT doesn’t have a monopoly on them. Any school in a similar situation - I think a similar outcome. The flopping brought the ingredients for the perfect storm together. It could happen again.

I liked the passion in Neyland last night. It’s been gone a long time. I don’t think this hurt us.
At least I don’t think Ole Miss will lose the trees in the grove because of it, like Auburn lost theirs. Point: All fan bases have punks.

They need to make a rule any player who has to be helped off the field must sit out 2 series minimum. That will help, but probably won't completely solve.

Well Zorro..it wouldn’t be sitting players like Alontae Taylor who legitimately took a debilitating shot to the nuts out for a full quarter. wtf are you thinking?
Then answer the question Pseudo, how do you fix the fake injuries that are prevalent in college football?

Surely someone has the game recorded and can string them all together. Even if all your seeing is the after shot, the sheer number would be impressive to post and be seen. Give the outside world a quick way to see what actually happened.
Thanks to our very own beloved 'freak'... we have this:

I just don't have the time nor skills to do a cut and paste of those moments.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
It’s going to take fans getting out their phones when a player flops to stop a drive and recording what he does on the sideline immediately after one of these “injuries”.

Use that phone to call the SEC office. 205-458-3000

We need broader flopping stats. Flopping should be part of the bowl selection process. It's part of the "body of work" as the playoff selection process would put it. I don't plan to watch that nonsense. If UT isn't playing I would turn off the TV. I have better things to do than watch one team cheat and get away with it. Cut out the flopping or cut the ratings and the revenue.

I think the rule should be that when a player goes down there can be NO substitutions and the players have to stay on the field, they cannot go to the sidelines and the coaches cannot go out on the field.

VN Store

Back