Flip Phone Nation Unite!

I've been toying with the idea of going back to a flip phone, still got my old lg flip phone. That thing has been run over, chucked out my window while driving, left out in rain, etc and I bet if I popped in a new battery it'd still work just like when I upgraded. Other than volnation and other football stuff I have no use for a smart phone.

Reactions: VolNExile
Kids today will never know how dramatic it was to hang up a phone call on a flip phone.....
1498646808-megan-fox-jennifers-body.gif

Cool. But expensive and underpowered hardware for the price. Should be interesting to see how it sells at that price point.
Yes, underpowered indeed. I almost pulled the trigger, but went with the S10 instead.
Been a Pixel guy for the last 4 years, thought I'd give Samsung a shot.

I still have several old cell phones including my first cell which was a "bag phone," 2 flips, 1 slider, 2 "old style" (regular), and my first smart phone. My son and his friends all laughed when they saw my collection and none had a clue as to what my bag phone was. And yes, all have been retired (but still work).

I still have several old cell phones including my first cell which was a "bag phone," 2 flips, 1 slider, 2 "old style" (regular), and my first smart phone. My son and his friends all laughed when they saw my collection and none had a clue as to what my bag phone was. And yes, all have been retired (but still work).
I still have my first smart phone as well (a Blackberry Storm)

Moved offices at work a few months back. Started cleaning out my desk and found my old Motorola indestructible flip phone. I charged that thing up and may move my service over to it. I keep killing smart phones while working on the farm.

I just got internet out at my farm a month ago. Been there over 6yrs living without it. Work supplies me with a phone. laptop and hotspot so I had that just for work related stuff. Funny as heck to see my wife make a mad dash to her computer whenever she saw me getting the laptop and hotspot out to login to work. She would be power surfing, ordering off Amazon and paying bills like she was racing to win a gameshow contest.

Later,

CH_V

Bag phones can have their circuitry upgraded and still function. I think they’re still used in very rural areas because your ability to boost the signal is much better.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Straighttalk said my phone was outdated since they went to 5g or whatever it is. I hate this smart phone. Like carrying a tv around. Next year I'll check at Wally World and see if LG has a flip or slider available. Been with them over 12 years and til Verizon took over had no complaints.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
My middle school daughter has a friend that, first of all, isn’t exactly my favorite of her acquaintances... whatever, she’s a kid. But last year she started telling all her friends about how she was getting a phone for Christmas (and would be just catching up with most of them) but she was all stoked about it and talked it up incessantly. So Christmas finally came and yep, she got a flip phone. Funny as hell.

VN Store

Back