Fleser piece from The Chattanooga

lvocd

Only one bit of news, that Tess Darby is being "treated from a stress reaction in her shins." As the story says, she's expected back next week, but I'm kinda worried about it since it's waaaaay early in the preseason process for her to already be experiencing stress-related issues. Hopefully she'll

Dan Fleser: Lady Vols Suddenly Have Options At Point Guard

Only one bit of news, that Tess Darby is being "treated from a stress reaction in her shins." As the story says, she's expected back next week, but I'm kinda worried about it since it's waaaaay early in the preseason process for her to already be experiencing stress-related issues. Hopefully she'll

Dan Fleser: Lady Vols Suddenly Have Options At Point Guard

Hope Tess is on the mend. I dealt with stress fractures in my shins all through my playing career. Definitely have ups and downs. Hopefully a little rest will get her back to it. Can’t wait to see these ladies in live action!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Hope Tess is on the mend. I dealt with stress fractures in my shins all through my playing career. Definitely have ups and downs. Hopefully a little rest will get her back to it. Can’t wait to see these ladies in live action!
That was my thought. Stress fractures don’t just go away. She may be dealing with this the entire season.
Does anyone know if shin stress fractures are related to shin splints?

Sounds like Kellie is working the girls hard....
Let's hope Tess gets well real soon...Her long ball will be a weapon.
woman-trail-runner-hold-her-sports-injured-legs-at-the-top-of-mountain-732x549-thumbnail-732x549.jpg

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Key word is stress “reaction” and not stress fracture. Could just be dealing with shin splints. It’s a pretty common thing for runners and basketball players. I remember getting them once training during the off-season in high school basketball. A lot of people get them from the repeated force of running on nothing but hard surfaces (ie basketball court or street). Sounds like she may either need to cross train low intensity training while not on the court to alleviate some of the stress in her legs or start icing after workouts. It really shouldn’t be an issue going forward. That was the only time in my life that I ever got them and I just learned to run in the grass whenever I could.

Like the LV's, but wish the article said "Vols Suddenly have a Quarterback".

The irony is, I see this situation paralleling what has happened with the football team. Horston is the Guarantano, a highly erratic player with flashes of brilliance with frequent meltdowns. We're all hoping she'll be ready... because Harper, like Pruitt, did nothing to upgrade the position in the offseason and they will get exposed all season if she's not...

The irony is, I see this situation paralleling what has happened with the football team. Horston is the Guarantano, a highly erratic player with flashes of brilliance with frequent meltdowns. We're all hoping she'll be ready... because Harper, like Pruitt, did nothing to upgrade the position in the offseason and they will get exposed all season if she's not...
BUT... Horston unlike JG was a highly touted/recruited player....unlike JG Horston was a freshmen......lets see if she has gotten the turnover issue under control this season before we start shoppin for an upgrade

Last edited:
Reactions: ruvol
BUT... Horston unlike JG was a highly touted/recruited player....unlike JG Horston was a freshmen......lets see if she has gotten the turnover issue under control this season before we start shoppin for an upgrade

That's inaccurate. JG was the top ranked dual-threat QB in the class with offers from the likes of Alabama and Ohio State. And while Horston was the second ranked player in the class, there is a reason her projected position wasn't point guard.

Your point about the experience of a 5th year senior vs a sophomore is a valid one...

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back