‘23 FL WR Traylon Ray

Ultimately anyone we take is a spot from a potential plug and play transfer
I would think the coaches would find a way to make room for any transfer than can come in right away and make the team better. The real question, IMO, seems to be whether or not they think we need 4 WRs in this class? But I'm guessing you've heard a name of a potential transfer we might be interested in.

Will also be replacing a lot of spots from grads or NFL in what should be an absolute transfer bonaza

The portal still scares me. How do we know the quality of players that will be in the portal this far in advance, and how can we be sure we'll win the bidding wars? I'm guess I'm old-fashioned. If we fill our needs through recruiting, that allows us to try and cherry pick game changers from the portal. But even if we miss, we'll still have depth through recruiting. But for now, I trust the coaches. I'm sure there's all kind of moving parts we as fans will never be privy to. I just want to see us at the top of the mountain again.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Any early names that are visiting for the Florida game?

Is it safe to say it’s Ray or bust for another wideout?

-AP
Any chance we try to get back into the Zack Meyers sweepstakes if we miss on Ray? I know he was extremely high on Tennessee in the spring going into the summer, but we seemed to lose interest. Do we revisit that possibility?

People seem to forget that WV has been a superior program to Tennessee for the past 15-20 years. And was probably a top 15 program nationally in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s
And Miss St is not a bad team to have interest in as a WR. Also they have a really good team this yr.

People seem to forget that WV has been a superior program to Tennessee for the past 15-20 years. And was probably a top 15 program nationally in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s

Lol. Dude they haven’t been superior to us for 15-20 years. Their hay day was when they played in the Big East. Where they played nobody. I know you like being negative but you are just wrong here.

Lol. Dude they haven’t been superior to us for 15-20 years. Their hay day was when they played in the Big East. Where they played nobody. I know you like being negative but you are just wrong here.
Since 2005 they have 2 BCS Bowl wins over OU and Clemson. Three 11 win seasons, two 10 win seasons, and three 9 win seasons and have finished below .500 3 times. In that time period we have zero BCS Bowl appearances, one 10 win season and have went below .500 8 times and have lost to Wyoming and Georgia State and have lost to Vanderbilt and Kentucky multiple times and have had barn burners with Troy and Appalachian State. They also have 8 top 25 finishes compared to our 4 and only 3 of our are inside the top 20. We’re on a better trajectory right now than they are, but there’s no denying that they’ve been a more successful program than Tennessee during these recruits’ lifetimes

Since 2005 they have 2 BCS Bowl wins over OU and Clemson. Three 11 win seasons, two 10 win seasons, and three 9 win seasons and have finished below .500 3 times. In that time period we have zero BCS Bowl appearances, one 10 win season and have went below .500 8 times and have lost to Wyoming and Georgia State and have lost to Vanderbilt and Kentucky multiple times and have had barn burners with Troy and Appalachian State. They also have 8 top 25 finishes compared to our 4 and only 3 of our are inside the top 20. We’re on a better trajectory right now than they are, but there’s no denying that they’ve been a more successful program than Tennessee during these recruits’ lifetimes

better yes overall at times, superior might be a little much. WV will have a new coach next year too and like I said previously WV athletics overall are on a decline.

VN Store

Back