'24 FL WR Joshisa "JoJo" Trader

What can a parent be thinking to give a son that name. It’s no wonder he goes by “JoJo.”

We do recruit west of the Mississippi and North of the Mason Dixon. Even heard we got a kid out of California
You are over simplifying this greatly. Some kids don’t have the money to take all types of trips to schools far out. It’s not like Nico didn’t have money. There is a reason west coast kids typically stay in the west coast

We do recruit west of the Mississippi and North of the Mason Dixon. Even heard we got a kid out of California
The point was we aren't going to consistently land all the top talent out west. Pointing out one specific guy doesn't change anything. And Nico was able to come unofficially a lot, which a lot of recruits won't be able to do that far away. For example, Ephesians Prysock a couple classes ago and Deijon Laffitte this class

The point was we aren't going to consistently land all the top talent out west. Pointing out one specific guy doesn't change anything. And Nico was able to come unofficially a lot, which a lot of recruits won't be able to do that far away. For example, Ephesians Prysock a couple classes ago and Deijon Laffitte this class
Point is we don't get all the top talent in Tennessee. Getting some from "out west" is a good thing.

You are over simplifying this greatly. Some kids don’t have the money to take all types of trips to schools far out. It’s not like Nico didn’t have money. There is a reason west coast kids typically stay in the west coast

So what's your plan? Recruit only within a couple hours drive of Knoxville?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not about the staff being able to go to the recruit. About the recruit being able to go visit the school multiple times
How many times did Tillman visit?

More relatable, how many times did another Nevada kid (Darnell Washington) visit UGA? Giving up before trying doesn’t become you.

How many times did Tillman visit?

More relatable, how many times did another Nevada kid (Darnell Washington) visit UGA? Giving up before trying doesn’t become you.
To be fair we beat out UNLV for Tillman. We were his only shot at playing P5 on scholarship out of high school. Darnell was an elite guy. Not saying don't push for recruits out west but after those top guys it's hard to "build a pipeline" from schools out there.

Bishop Gorman is where I wish Tennessee could make a connection. They turn out some good ones
They're always top notch. I don't remember the last time they lost to an In-State team.

There's definitely at least 5 kids on that roster every year worth recruiting.
They're sending a nice CB to UGA this year.

To be fair we beat out UNLV for Tillman. We were his only shot at playing P5 on scholarship out of high school. Darnell was an elite guy. Not saying don't push for recruits out west but after those top guys it's hard to "build a pipeline" from schools out there.
I don’t think visiting their school and checking out their top prospects equates to building a satellite office on their grounds. My point on Tillman was keeping our lines of communication open netted us a good get…with a boost from Helton’s brother.

I don’t think visiting their school and checking out their top prospects equates to building a satellite office on their grounds. My point on Tillman was keeping our lines of communication open netted us a good get…with a boost from Helton’s brother.
yeah, i think that can't be overstated how big a deal that was.

What's the point of your response, it makes no sense and offers nothing to the discussion.
I don't think distance makes a huge difference in who we recruit. Today's travel ease and communication technology remove much of the distance problem.

Stop using the word we. You are not and never have been a TN Vol fan. Most of your posts bring nothing to any conversation. Which is why most on here consider you a troll.

Stop using the word we. You are not and never have been a TN Vol fan. Most of your posts bring nothing to any conversation. Which is why most on here consider you a troll.
Only you in your profound ignorance consider me a troll. A resident of powell,I've been a Vol fan longer than you've been alive. So crawl back into mommy's basement bedroom and shut up.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
What's the point of your response, it makes no sense and offers nothing to the discussion.
I don't think distance makes a huge difference in who we recruit. Today's travel ease and communication technology remove much of the distance problem.
A lot of kids love the distance actually.

Hyatt is potentially a first rounder when he was looking like a potential bust. McCoys potential is a first rounder. Tillman is probably going to be a second day guy due to injury. Velus Jones was drafted, when I would have never thought that before Heupel got here. Keyton is similar to Velus Jones.

We are getting attention from elite recruits.

Hope so, but in the 23 class, we didn’t get one that the top teams wanted if Seldon plays RB and we had Nico’s help. Is it our NIL? Don’t know but a first round draft pick would help though some 2024s will commit prior to the draft. Recruits see the Bama, OHSt, LSU and Clemson first rounders at this point.

VN Store

Back