‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

Love that speed. He catches the ball with his chest a lot though. But he’s a junior in HS and that’s something that’s coachable, unlike speed.

mizell is in florida
And? UT recruits FL all the time.

Tate is from IL but is playing at IMG in Florida. Kasper is from Arizona. Rogers is from eastern NC I believe. Brown is OH. Seldon is from VA and may end up on D at the next level.

I don't think any of these highly rated WR's are from TN.

Reactions: AllThingsTN

Tate is from IL but is playing at IMG in Florida. Kasper is from Arizona. Rogers is from eastern NC I believe. Brown is OH. Seldon is from VA and may end up on D at the next level.

i said ohio kid which is brown, plus i think hyatt went from like a 93 to a 88 on 247 so they're still evaluating, and there recruiting seldon as a wr, since the only reason he's interested in us cause of nico, like i said if we by chance hit on our top 3 targets they may just call it a year

i said ohio kid which is brown, plus i think hyatt went from like a 93 to a 88 on 247 so they're still evaluating, and there recruiting seldon as a wr, since the only reason he's interested in us cause of nico, like i said if we by chance hit on our top 3 targets they may just call it a year
That's my question. Where do YOU get your information on which are the top 3 targets?

Like I said, the staff supposedly "loves" Mizell.

Hyatt's rating on 247 is not related to how UT's "board" has him ranked. I don't claim to know where he or Mizell sit... I'm asking how YOU think YOU know. Have you seen their "board"? Do you have a direct connection with a coach?

That's my question. Where do YOU get your information on which are the top 3 targets?

Like I said, the staff supposedly "loves" Mizell.

Hyatt's rating on 247 is not related to how UT's "board" has him ranked. I don't claim to know where he or Mizell sit... I'm asking how YOU think YOU know. Have you seen their "board"? Do you have a direct connection with a coach?
just from what ap has said and he has said he's down the board and i do believe ryan said the staff was still evaluating hyatt, i mean why else would we not accept his commitment if he was as high as you think he is, the reason the staff took spillmans was because the staff likes him and his brother is a stud

just from what ap has said and he has said he's down the board and i do believe ryan said the staff was still evaluating hyatt, i mean why else would we not accept his commitment if he was as high as you think he is, the reason the staff took spillmans was because the staff likes him and his brother is a stud
You need to read better. I specifically said that I don't know where Hyatt is "on their board"... only that they aren't hitched to his recruit rating.

Where did AP say that the guys you mention are higher than Mizell?

I don't have 247 access but this is recent and seems to indicate the staff is very interested

Top247 WR hearing plenty from Tennessee, 'excited to get up there'

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
You need to read better. I specifically said that I don't know where Hyatt is "on their board"... only that they aren't hitched to his recruit rating.

I don't have 247 access but this is recent and seems to indicate the staff is very interested

If I may, it sounds like, from AP/Callahan et al, Hyatt's stock has dropped some with schools as well as with 247 (he's now a 3-star). To the point that UT or others would not ultimately take him? Who knows. But especially considering we've got lots of momentum with Tate and Kasper, just had Ayden Williams and Cam Seldon and Anthony Brown on campus, and are also fighting for Malik Benson and Noah Rogers - Hyatt might not be the no-brainer take *right now* that he either once was or that his current 4-star composite ranking might suggest.

Will also be interesting to see what the buzz is coming out of his visit to UGA this past weekend. Not that our staff necessarily cares about what their staff thinks about WRs - see CJ Williams from just a few months ago.

That said, if he's the key to closing the deal with Tate (as they're IMG teammates and appear to be close friends) than I would assume he's a take all day.

Reactions: SugarCC

? on latest monday night chat
AP stated that Tate, Kasper, & Rogers were at the top of the board at WR with the group of Hyatt, Brown, Porter, & Seldon. Are there any others you would add to that list and is there a certain one the staff likes more than the other in the second group or is it going to be a first come first serve tyoe deal for that last WR spot
eric's response I think Vols value Seldon, Porter more in second group compared to Hyatt, Brown - but that's fluid and can/has changed.
like i have tried to tell you he's down the list and they're still evaluating

NC has historically been Tennessee East.

If I may, it sounds like, from AP/Callahan et al, Hyatt's stock has dropped some with schools as well as with 247 (he's now a 3-star). To the point that UT or others would not ultimately take him? Who knows. But especially considering we've got lots of momentum with Tate and Kasper, just had Ayden Williams and Cam Seldon and Anthony Brown on campus, and are also fighting for Malik Benson and Noah Rogers - Hyatt might not be the no-brainer take *right now* that he either once was or that his current 4-star composite ranking might suggest.

Will also be interesting to see what the buzz is coming out of his visit to UGA this past weekend. Not that our staff necessarily cares about what their staff thinks about WRs - see CJ Williams from just a few months ago.

That said, if he's the key to closing the deal with Tate (as they're IMG teammates and appear to be close friends) than I would assume he's a take all day.
I feel like they take him because of the huge support and loyalty the family has given. I wouldn’t be surprised at a pure business decision either but it would be pretty cold to not take him. But maybe pragmatic

I actually think that Hyatt could end up being a PWO that gets paid through NIL. Others aren't buying the idea but IMO it will become pretty common in the future when kids already have some significant tie to a particular school.

My post was primarily in response to the claim that Mizell was way down the board... I think the poster said 7 or below. There isn't a ton on him but the report that did come out specifically said UT's staff loves him. I personally like WR's who are long and fast. He fits that bill. But I don't know where he stands with UT... I'm curious how others would "know" where someone is on the board at any given time.

? on latest monday night chat
AP stated that Tate, Kasper, & Rogers were at the top of the board at WR with the group of Hyatt, Brown, Porter, & Seldon. Are there any others you would add to that list and is there a certain one the staff likes more than the other in the second group or is it going to be a first come first serve tyoe deal for that last WR spot
eric's response I think Vols value Seldon, Porter more in second group compared to Hyatt, Brown - but that's fluid and can/has changed.
like i have tried to tell you he's down the list and they're still evaluating
I'm not talking about Hyatt. You didn't address Mizell and maybe because he wasn't part of that conversation. The article I posted just says that there is strong mutual interest and the staff loves him. He's tall. He's VERY fast and appears to have good hands.

I don't "know" anything beyond their recruiting videos. But based on that alone Kasper would be at the top by a fairly wide margin and Mizell would easily be in the 2nd group. Tate has a high rating and there may be something there that his video doesn't show... but he doesn't look extremely fast. He does make tough catches though.

Honestly, I haven't spent any time looking at younger Hyatt's video. I presume he will be a Vol if UT wants him... by one means or another.

I feel like they take him because of the huge support and loyalty the family has given. I wouldn’t be surprised at a pure business decision either but it would be pretty cold to not take him. But maybe pragmatic
That may not be a big problem if we land some of these big time WR's. The portal might be a busy place for some of our current WR's. Every player should be recruited over, every year, if the program wants to keep moving forward but that will just keep the portal full every year. Crazy world these days

I actually think that Hyatt could end up being a PWO that gets paid through NIL. Others aren't buying the idea but IMO it will become pretty common in the future when kids already have some significant tie to a particular school.

My post was primarily in response to the claim that Mizell was way down the board... I think the poster said 7 or below. There isn't a ton on him but the report that did come out specifically said UT's staff loves him. I personally like WR's who are long and fast. He fits that bill. But I don't know where he stands with UT... I'm curious how others would "know" where someone is on the board at any given time.

The deal with Mizell is that he’s never been here. So unless and until he visits it’s hard to consider him a “top target” IMO.

That may not be a big problem if we land some of these big time WR's. The portal might be a busy place for some of our current WR's. Every player should be recruited over, every year, if the program wants to keep moving forward but that will just keep the portal full every year. Crazy world these days
Oh, I totally understand and know how it works. I expect Hyatt to carve out a bigger role this year based on reports of his offseason. If he stays I expect they’ll bring in his brother too (he’s also close to Carnell Tate). And he’s pretty good too. We’ll see how he does his senior year

Reactions: Batman1948
The deal with Mizell is that he’s never been here. So unless and until he visits it’s hard to consider him a “top target” IMO.
That's odd. A lot of guys have been high on the board without visiting at this point in the recruiting cycle. I don't know. I think very, very few people do including Price and Hubbs... who are probably as close as anyone.

I watched Tate's video and honestly came away wondering what everyone else was seeing.

I would normally agree with you, but our QB commit last cycle, committed without ever stepping foot on campus. Recruiting has changed a lot these last couple of years.

I would normally agree with you, but our QB commit last cycle, committed without ever stepping foot on campus. Recruiting has changed a lot these last couple of years.
part of that was just because visits were so limited. i think these kids want to take the visits, and i'd be a little surprised now that recruiting visit cycles are more or less back to normal that you'd see commitments w/out visits.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back