'20 FL RB Marvin Scott (Nebraska commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
tp4zbyoktctv0ctprtmy

5’9” 200lbs
Port Orange, FL
(Spruce Creek)

Marvin Scott III, Spruce Creek, Running Back
Marvin Scott III, 2020 Running Back - Rivals.com
Marvin Scott III on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline
5/4/19 - Vols offer

Last edited:
Sticking to what you can tell from highlights and not knowing competition.
1. Not afraid of contact.
2. Sees the opening quickly.
3. Yards after contact.

Also, from my observation..

4. Keeps his legs churning (addendum ti the yards after contact point)
5. Really quick handoffs.. I don't know how that would translate to SEC/pro-style. You don't see any play action, RPO, or anything. Ball is very quick from C to QB to RB. Doesn't let the defense have time to react.

Like this guy.. Hard nosed runner. RARELY brought down by one tackler. Nice cutting ability. Good speed. Not break away speed but fast enough. Anyone know the comp level he plays against?

Anyone know the comp level he plays against?

It irks me that the recruiting sites don't have some sort of rating system/scale for this. It's a huge factor in what you're seeing on video and the sites are making bank off of the kids these days.

Unless they figure that info would take away from their "pay for attention" judgement camp systems.

Reactions: Vol Main
It irks me that the recruiting sites don't have some sort of rating system/scale for this. It's a huge factor in what you're seeing on video and the sites are making bank off of the kids these days.

Unless they figure that info would take away from their "pay for attention" judgement camp systems.
I like the way you put that....

Anyone know the comp level he plays against?

For whatever MaxPreps' rankings are worth, Spruce Creek faced 5 of Florida's top 75 teams last year.

RB - Marvin Scott, Spruce Creek: The junior adapted seamlessly to 8A football, dominating opponents after returning from an early-season injury. Scott, who already claims offers from Kentucky and North Carolina among others, rushed for 1,226 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Mainland, FPC, DeLand reign supreme in 2018 All-Area football

He started the previous 3 seasons (8th-10th grade) @ Warner Christian in South Daytona, rushing for 4,779 yards and 44 TDs.
Marvin Scott's (South Daytona, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Folks at the opening that looked better than their rankings and offer lists at Orlando Opening:
"Running back Marvin Scott, of Port Orange Spruce Creek, is beyond jacked. Players as muscled as he is typically do not shine in non-padded camps, but the 5’9, 205-pound workout warrior showed some legitimate moves and burst. Scott claims offers from Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Louisville, but has no star rating.

Florida’s loaded with QB recruits, plus other notes from Orlando

Port Orange (Fla.) Spruce Creek 2020 running back Marvin Scott III was an absolute tank of a specimen, a battering ram with nimble feet, he’s quick and it showed in cat and mouse drills against linebackers. He was one of the more decisive and exciting runners in the competition portion. West Virginia and Wake Forest are among the programs to offer Scott who looked capable of playing anywhere in this setting.
Top Performers: The Opening Regional Orlando

For whatever MaxPreps' rankings are worth, Spruce Creek faced 5 of Florida's top 75 teams last year.

RB - Marvin Scott, Spruce Creek: The junior adapted seamlessly to 8A football, dominating opponents after returning from an early-season injury. Scott, who already claims offers from Kentucky and North Carolina among others, rushed for 1,226 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Mainland, FPC, DeLand reign supreme in 2018 All-Area football

He started the previous 3 seasons (8th-10th grade) @ Warner Christian in South Daytona, rushing for 4,779 yards and 44 TDs.
Marvin Scott's (South Daytona, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Folks at the opening that looked better than their rankings and offer lists at Orlando Opening:
"Running back Marvin Scott, of Port Orange Spruce Creek, is beyond jacked. Players as muscled as he is typically do not shine in non-padded camps, but the 5’9, 205-pound workout warrior showed some legitimate moves and burst. Scott claims offers from Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Louisville, but has no star rating.

Florida’s loaded with QB recruits, plus other notes from Orlando

Port Orange (Fla.) Spruce Creek 2020 running back Marvin Scott III was an absolute tank of a specimen, a battering ram with nimble feet, he’s quick and it showed in cat and mouse drills against linebackers. He was one of the more decisive and exciting runners in the competition portion. West Virginia and Wake Forest are among the programs to offer Scott who looked capable of playing anywhere in this setting.
Top Performers: The Opening Regional Orlando
Want. This is the type of kid that blows up his senior year, gets a bunch of big offers, and ends up a high 4 star.

Port Unrge is right in same area where they have that UA All Amurcan game.

Volusia Cty.

Want. This is the type of kid that blows up his senior year, gets a bunch of big offers, and ends up a high 4 star.

Yep. Seems like he plays in some tough competition in FLA. Film looks pretty dang good. Good footwork. Tough. Hits the hole fast like Ty. I am not saying he is or will be anything close, but his film reminds me a little of Nick Chubb. I agree with you Ron, this dude is likely gonna blow up.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
Yep. Seems like he plays in some tough competition in FLA. Film looks pretty dang good. Good footwork. Tough. Hits the hole fast like Ty. I am not saying he is or will be anything close, but his film reminds me a little of Nick Chubb. I agree with you Ron, this dude is likely gonna blow up.

I don't remember what Chubb's HS tape looked like, but I remember that one pic of him limbering up at a track meet and for a vertical jump, his feet were like 4ft off the ground. He was an absolute freak.

I don't remember what Chubb's HS tape looked like, but I remember that one pic of him limbering up at a track meet and for a vertical jump, his feet were like 4ft off the ground. He was an absolute freak.
4' vertical is impressive... but a 36' 9" vertical can change basketball gym light bulbs without a ladder bruh

Reactions: ChismsHeadband

VN Store

Back