'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

"Hook me" hopefully .

Frazier and Lewis are much more explosive players. Russell is about the same as Gibson except bigger
With how Seldon looked in the spring game and what the staff is expecting from Keith I like the idea of taking Lewis and Carter as our RBs. I think Seldon and Lewis are the perfect backs for this system. They have elite speed for a RB and are bigger backs. I think Boo would be a good change of pace back to compliment them though. He’s footwork and ability to cut on a dime without losing speed reminds me a lot of DAT and Jahmyr Gibbs. Plus he can be flexed out to the slot or motioned out of the backfield as a pass catcher. He could essentially be this staff’s Alvin Kamara but with better top end speed. Plus if we land Obidegwu and Ricardo Jones I’m not sure if he would crack the rotation at DB. Because I think Farooq is criminally underrated in the rankings. His offer list is much more indicative of the kind of player he is

With how Seldon looked in the spring game and what the staff is expecting from Keith I like the idea of taking Lewis and Carter as our RBs. I think Seldon and Lewis are the perfect backs for this system. They have elite speed for a RB and are bigger backs. I think Boo would be a good change of pace back to compliment them though. He’s footwork and ability to cut on a dime without losing speed reminds me a lot of DAT and Jahmyr Gibbs. Plus he can be flexed out to the slot or motioned out of the backfield as a pass catcher. He could essentially be this staff’s Alvin Kamara but with better top end speed. Plus if we land Obidegwu and Ricardo Jones I’m not sure if he would crack the rotation at DB. Because I think Farooq is criminally underrated in the rankings. His offer list is much more indicative of the kind of player he is

A lot to breakdown in your post.

But Boo is a NB/KR right now imo.
Also Furooq is a NB imo.

Yeah Lewis and Seldon would be a nasty combo. And surely the Hokies would be upset with themselves.

Also Furooq is a NB imo.

Yeah Lewis and Seldon would be a nasty combo. And surely the Hokies would be upset with themselves.
Didn't read the long post but this is what I'm thinking. I think if Farooq is more a STAR and Boo more of a traditional nickel if you're counting both as nickels but yeah I agree with everything you said

Reactions: LittleVol

Also Furooq is a NB imo.

Apparently this staff really likes Goree at nickel/star. So I think they play Farooq at safety. I know most schools are recruiting Boo as a DB, but I think this offense suits him too well and he’s too dangerous of an offensive weapon to be playing defense if we’re able to find other elite DBs

Reactions: LittleVol
RB JERRICK GIBSON, BRADENTON, FLA.

Previous 247Sports ranking: No. 41 overall prospect, No. 1 running back

Updated 247Sports ranking: No. 86 overall prospect, No. 2 running back

The IMG Academy standout, a teammate of Tennessee commitment Jonathan Echols, made his first trip to Tennessee last summer and returned for two home games during the 2022 season. The Vols made the cut as Gibson recently trimmed his list of favorites and are battling Texas, Georgia, Miami and Florida. Gibson has June official visits lined up to four of those schools with the Gators the odd one out, but the Longhorns have both 247Sports Crystal Ball picks for the talented runner.

I think Lewis is better anyway. Also isn’t Gibson already 18-19 and didn’t he slightly under perform at IMG?
Game performance doesn't really mean too much at IMG. Their job is to get you offers. Once you get those offers, they play other guys to get them offers too.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back