'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

“I just love the fan base,” said Gibson. “When I went up there, it was one of the most electric games I’ve ever been around. The love from the students, the knowledge from the business, and educational part about it stood out about it to me, too. They invest in their players.”

“I just have to see a good future for me, a good environment for me to succeed,” explained Gibson to On3. “The people I have around me, we’re all on the same page of winning a national championship…I don’t want to go anywhere I’m not winning. For the next three to four years, I’m trying to go in and win, write history with my teammates.”

Elite 2024 5-star recruit explains why he loves the Tennessee Vols

“I just love the fan base,” said Gibson. “When I went up there, it was one of the most electric games I’ve ever been around. The love from the students, the knowledge from the business, and educational part about it stood out about it to me, too. They invest in their players.”

“I just have to see a good future for me, a good environment for me to succeed,” explained Gibson to On3. “The people I have around me, we’re all on the same page of winning a national championship…I don’t want to go anywhere I’m not winning. For the next three to four years, I’m trying to go in and win, write history with my teammates.”

Elite 2024 5-star recruit explains why he loves the Tennessee Vols
'and that is why I chose the Florida Gators'

I remember Brown would run out of bounds and was afraid of contact. Hurd wasn’t even the best RB on our team.

Agree on Hurd. For his size he was soft as hell. Which prob is why he changed to WR. Alvin was night and day better.I honestly don't remember that much about Bryce.

Agree on Hurd. For his size he was soft as hell. Which prob is why he changed to WR. Alvin was night and day better.I honestly don't remember that much about Bryce.
I agree he wasn’t our best RB but certainly wasn’t soft. Dude didn’t have his first negative run until his junior year. That wasn’t cuz of our tremendous line, he took hits head on.

feel like we’ll tighten the race between us and Texas once he visits here
He’s already been here a couple times. At least twice, last year, but he’s visited Texas more recently. This summer, he visits us officially on 6/16, and Texas on 6/24. Kinda wish those were reversed.

“The whole organization with the fanbase to the players to the coaches, it just all love,” Gibson said. “They make you feel like home as well. They just got another offensive coordinator so I want to get up there to meet him and see how everything is going with them. I love how they use their running backs as well. They are great at putting running backs in space and getting them the ball.”
“I feel like if I drop him off at Tennessee I feel I won’t have to worry about nothing,” Jenkins said. “It’s really family oriented. I love (the trajectory). His first visit to Tennessee, like I always do we go to lunch and he was like Tennessee is rising right now. We started taking visits. They showed us nothing but love. With the NIL everybody is ‘we got NIL, NIL, NIL.’ Jerrick don’t care about that. He’s not going to the highest bidder. Go to Tennessee, show us this show us that, did whole visit and nothing about NIL. They rolled out the red carpet without being fancy. That offense (Josh Heupel) has. He’s a great offensive mind. I sat down and talked with him about his offense. It basically wears defense down. He fits perfect in that scheme.”
"Obviously my prediction is on Texas but certainly not sleeping on Tennessee here. "
-Fong

We literally were one win away for competing for a Natty this past season. We are heading in the right direction. I believe that if we have another 10-11 win season. We land this kid and many other big pieces this recruiting class and beyond. GBO.
Agreed. But we were not 1 win away from a NC.

Reactions: ChrisVFL

VN Store

Back