'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

“I feel like it’s a good fit. When I get there, I feel like it’ll be a better fit for me, too.”

oh...."when" you get here you say....

So is that a subtle hint for I have my mind already made up just waiting on the moment? :oops:

Also it's actually been scientifically proven that women will find a man more attractive facially the more money he makes. So let's say your income information is unknown and women rate your face a 5 out of 10. If they later find out you are a millionaire then they will say your face a 7 out of 10.

Money and status are huge attraction triggers to women while they have almost no effect on men. Just look at Lizzo. There are no successful men trying to get her. But as you pointed out Biggie used to get all the baddies despite being "black and ugly as ever".
All that proves is that those women are liars.

Any family that has a top talent on offense coming out of high school isn't doing their due diligence if they aren't at least encouraging their son to take a good long look, at the very least, at Tennessee and how this offense runs. You wait too long, kids might just miss on on being a part of the show that is our offense. This kid has to know hed feast in this offense.

Any idea of the three that are standing out to him in the article on ON3?
Georgia’s SEC rival is making a strong push for Gibson, as well. The Florida native attended Tennessee’s win over Alabama, which he believes “most definitely made history” and “speaks for itself.”
According to Gibson, the Volunteers have been recruiting him for a long time. That is paying off, especially since the program is likely bound for a 10-win season.
“Tennessee has always been recruiting me heavy, so I always bought into it,” Gibson said. “It’s amazing to see their season right now… That just adds on top of what I already knew.”
Us, UGA, and Texas pushing the hardest

Georgia’s SEC rival is making a strong push for Gibson, as well. The Florida native attended Tennessee’s win over Alabama, which he believes “most definitely made history” and “speaks for itself.”
According to Gibson, the Volunteers have been recruiting him for a long time. That is paying off, especially since the program is likely bound for a 10-win season.
“Tennessee has always been recruiting me heavy, so I always bought into it,” Gibson said. “It’s amazing to see their season right now… That just adds on top of what I already knew.”
Us, UGA, and Texas pushing the hardest

Show him the Vandy tape on repeat.

Vols could have already had jerrick and aren’t doing much.
-AP

Wait, Jerrick Gibson wanted to commit and we didn't take the commitment?

Imo yes he wanted TN a while back but TN has other guys like more
-AP

Wow! I mean we have to trust their evals. If they don’t think it’s the right guy, don’t take him no matter what the rankings say.

Vols could have already had jerrick and aren’t doing much.
-AP

Wait, Jerrick Gibson wanted to commit and we didn't take the commitment?

Imo yes he wanted TN a while back but TN has other guys like more
-AP
This is really hard and puzzling to believe if it wasn't for the source I'd definitely claim bs.Weve been recruiting him pretty hard and Mack is a well regarded rb coach,if true it's baffling as to why they didn't take his commitment.I mean Gibson and Echols would be a helluva start to the 24'class...Well until more info drops this is perplexing to say the least 🤷‍♂️

This is really hard and puzzling to believe if it wasn't for the source I'd definitely claim bs.Weve been recruiting him pretty hard and Mack is a well regarded rb coach,if true it's baffling as to why they didn't take his commitment.I mean Gibson and Echols would be a helluva start to the 24'class...Well until more info drops this is perplexing to say the least 🤷‍♂️
Tennessee is Mack’s first RB coach job

Perplexing but that’s why I’m not paid millions a year to make these decisions.

I trust Heup and co until I’m given a reason not to.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I don't know anything about anybody in the 2024 class yet but I do find it refreshing that the coaches are going by their evals on fit rather than caring about any paper stars given out. Hopefully this is another indicator that we have FINALLY got the coaching staff we have been looking for for years.GBO

Tennessee is Mack’s first RB coach job
Yea I got that I guess I shouldn't have used Rb coach specifically but he's been in coaching for 20 years or so now everywhere this dudes been has seen massive jumps in improvement.All the guy does is produce and make teams better but to your point yes this is his 1st official gig as rb coach.I left this for anyone who even doubts if Mack is a good coach or not...I'm not saying that you do specifically but I know some will it's the Volnation way.Its an impressive resume that most would be proud of 43 years old.

Jerry Mack - Football Coach - University of Tennessee Athletics
Mack made an immediate impact in his first season in Knoxville. A year prior to his arrival, the Vol rushing offense ranked 84th nationally, averaging just 141.5 yards per game on the ground. Thanks to a bevy of backs and an electric, up-tempo offense, Tennessee leaped 73 spots in the FBS to rank 11th nationally in Mack’s first season, putting up 217.8 rushing yards per game.
Mack developed Memphis native Jabari Small, who led the Vols in rushing with 141 carries for 796 yards and nine touchdowns, which tied for eighth in the SEC. Small’s nine rushing scores were the most by a Vol since John Kelly produced nine in 2017. Len’Neth Whitehead and Jaylen Wright also burst onto the scene as freshmen under Mack’s tutelage with each earning SEC Freshman of the Week honors during the year and combining for 616 rushing yards and six touchdowns

I don't know anything about anybody in the 2024 class yet but I do find it refreshing that the coaches are going by their evals on fit rather than caring about any paper stars given out. Hopefully this is another indicator that we have FINALLY got the coaching staff we have been looking for for years.GBO

While I get what you are saying, this is a little perplexing. I mean you can say paper stags all you want but look at Gibsons offer list. It’s about as elite as it gets. He is extremely similar in size to Jordan Marshall. And the #1 overall RB for 2024? So the teams that have produced tons of elite RBs like OSU, Bama and UGA want him. He is good enough for them but for some reason he isn’t right for us? Seems very strange.

Agree our coaches our seasoned enuff that if they see something in a guy and decide to move on most will support that move.Its fair to question what happened but I believe in this coaching staff so I'll ride with them for now.

Sometimes the "fit" has little to do with the skills they have and more the way they would fit into the locker room. I again don't know anything about these players but I do believe this has been a concern for CJH since coming to Tennessee. Also I definitely don't care what offers they have, if they aren't what the staff wants then move on, to do otherwise gets you right back to Butch Jones style of recruiting.

VN Store

Back