'20 FL QB Gregory (Deuce) Spann II

Fulmer had the #1 and #2 in Peyton and Brandon. If you're scared to compete then go somewhere were the competition is mediocre. If, and I mean if Spann comes to UT, he'll have to work just like anyone else. All QB's can and will improve with the right coaching. Strout's in the same manner. But, because some scouts or coaches seen him throw, he's acceptable. If the same judgement is passed on him, then he shouldn't be here as the above poster said about Spann. Let's see how he does with camps and off season improvement before we just label him a WR or ATH. What would this board do if Robbie Ashford from Hoover all of a sudden visited, fell in love, and wanted to be part of the class? We'd have 2 top tier QB's for 2020 and there still would be complaining.

Bailey has plenty that will be willing to just take him!!
I posted this in a different thread, but worth mentioning here.......I would never put all my eggs in one basket on one guy. Look what happened to FSU when Howell bolted to UNC at the last minute. They are scrambling to just find a "guy". You always want to have a contingency plan and someone will probably transfer anyway.

I posted this in a different thread, but worth mentioning here.......I would never put all my eggs in one basket on one guy. Look what happened to FSU when Howell bolted to UNC at the last minute. They are scrambling to just find a "guy". You always want to have a contingency plan and someone will probably transfer anyway.

To be honest if you ask a kid to be all in on you, you have to be all in on them. Example: recruit A shuts down his recuritment bye not talking or visiting any other schools. Recruit A spends his time recruiting other players to join his school and promoting that schools vision. You don’t go out and recruit other players. Because recruit A will be left holding the bag at the end if his college decides not to take him at the last min. All because he shut it down and the college didn’t. I have seen this happen😉

If a kid is committed to a program he will not look at any other schools. In Howells case he never shut down his recruitment he keep visiting other schools.

At the end of the day this is a business and these colleges have to do what they see fit!

The Qb recruiting game is different than any other position in football.

To be honest if you ask a kid to be all in on you, you have to be all in on them. Example: recruit A shuts down his recuritment bye not talking or visiting any other schools. Recruit A spends his time recruiting other players to join his school and promoting that schools vision. You don’t go out and recruit other players. Because recruit A will be left holding the bag at the end if his college decides not to take him at the last min. All because he shut it down and the college didn’t. I have seen this happen😉

If a kid is committed to a program he will not look at any other schools. In Howells case he never shut down his recruitment he keep visiting other schools.

At the end of the day this is a business and these colleges have to do what they see fit!

See your point, but I'll agree to disagree. Either way....it's a fine line that has to be walked. :)

Reactions: SugarCC

Recruit A is all in and the school is also all in. School doesn't recruit any other QB because Recruit A said he wouldn't visit anywhere else as appreciation to his word. Recruit A comes in and gets hurt during Fall Camp and now school has to settle for a QB that they previous staff allowed to commit and sign, who can't win you games in the SEC.

That's why you take two QB's. Recruit A has to be confident in his skills to win the job and not think he'll be given the job by the staff just for his commitment.

Offering other QBs doesn't mean they'll take another one. Just have to have offers out there in case anything changes. Backup plans are generally a good idea.

I don’t see this kid being recruited as a QB. WR/ATH all the way. He doesn’t fit pro-style mold we are using.

We have our QB for 2020 (and a damn good one at that). We’ve repeatedly heard Pruitt and staff are honest with recruits. If this kid was being recruited as QB I’m positive they would have told Harrison - particularly as important as having a stud QB committed helps with recruiting.

I totally agree with you. So the QBs need a backup plan as well.
Yeah. And I'm sure he's still receiving offers and other schools are still recruiting him. I'm just saying offering other qbs doesn't mean that the coaches don't want him to be their QB in this class.

Yeah. And I'm sure he's still receiving offers and other schools are still recruiting him. I'm just saying offering other qbs doesn't mean that the coaches don't want him to be their QB in this class.
By his film I am sure he is. It looks like he can play multiple positions.

Offer list is impressive, but boy are his passing stats ugly! 45% completion rate and an INT every 19 throws. More like an RB who happened to throw sometimes.

Have to wonder if they are looking at him at WR (or even DB) than QB. He's obviously super-athletic and just by virtue of playing QB in HS, he'd probably make a better WR or DB.

Offer list is impressive, but boy are his passing stats ugly! 45% completion rate and an INT every 19 throws. More like an RB who happened to throw sometimes.

Have to wonder if they are looking at him at WR (or even DB) than QB. He's obviously super-athletic and just by virtue of playing QB in HS, he'd probably make a better WR or DB.

Jennings stats werent that good in his JR year either. But I see no way, especially with Chaney calling plays, that this guy is being recruited as a QB.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost

Pruitt mentioned at SEC Media days that he likes to recruit HS QB's to play defense. They're used to the ball in their hands. And of course maybe he is being recruited as a QB.

VN Store

Back