'20 FL OT Marcus Dumervil (LSU commit)

weird. i can see it in the quoted post, but not in gucci's post. either way, never mind.

“They’ve been recruiting me real hard, and I just wanted to go and see all the tradition and what it’s really about up there, so I decided to come up,” said Dumervil, who's ranked the No. 127 overall prospect and No. 14 offensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class.

“It was great, actually. I thought it was going to be, like, a small town, nothing really to do. But it was pretty different. There’s a lot of things to do in Knoxville. It’s bigger than what I thought it would be. The facilities and then hanging out with the players and getting to know some of the coaches, putting a face with a name, that was pretty good. “It really lived up to (expectations). Everything went great.”

The Vols have plenty of competition for the 6-foot-6, 305-pound Dumervil, who has received offers from more than 45 schools. But he said he expects Tennessee to be more of a factor in his recruitment after this week’s visit. “It puts them on the radar,” he said. “It definitely left a mark. I wouldn’t mind coming back up and seeing it again.” Dumervil said he particularly enjoyed “just being around the atmosphere and seeing how the coaches interact” during his time at Tennessee.

“I got a chance to see some of the weight-room sessions and some of the meetings and see how the coaches interact with the players,” he said. “We just talked about the future of the program and where I could come in and make an impact and stuff like that. “(They said) I can come in and compete right away. It’s a great opportunity that they have for young guys.”

He said the Vols are “not sure what position they want me to play” on the offensive line. But he said there’s no particular position he’s hoping to play, adding that it’s “not a big deal” to him. His first look at Tennessee’s campus and facilities impressed him. “Some of that stuff surprised me,” Dumervil said. “I hadn’t really seen, like, the indoor (facility) or the coaches’ offices or anything like that, so that was something new.”

Dumervil said Tennessee tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer has been recruiting him for the Vols, along with offensive line coach Will Friend, and he enjoyed getting to know them even better while he was on campus. “We text on a daily (basis),” Dumervil said. “We have a pretty good relationship.”

After making the trip to Tennessee, he said he’s most intrigued by the Vols because there’s “just a lot of history and tradition in the program, and the coaches and facilities are pretty good.” He said he’s “not totally sure” whether he will visit Tennessee again, “but I wouldn’t mind coming back up.” And he said attending a school close to home is “not a big deal” to him. “I had a good time,” Dumervil said.

LSU and Oklahoma hosted him on his first two official visits in early April. He said he hasn’t made plans for any of his three remaining official visits, and he’s still considering a number of the schools that have been involved with him in recent months. “I’m still wide open,” he said. “I haven’t narrowed it down yet. … I’m not sure if or when I want to (release a list of favorites). I’m not going to rush into that.”

Dumervil said he’s also in no hurry to choose a school. “I’m not sure when I want to make my decision yet,” he said. "Not any time soon.”

Dumervil had an extended stay on campus, and in talking to folks around the 6-6, 300-pound tackle, Tennessee has truly entered the conversation for the 4-star lineman from South Florida. Dumervil has family who plays at Louisville and a teammate who is committed to LSU, with Oklahoma involved as well. Still, he’s taken OVs to all those schools and has a visit remaining … which could bring him back to Tennessee again this fall.
Vq

Elvis's nephew or son ? I thought I heard on one of the podcast that Elvis was this kids dad, but I could be mistaken

Seems like we are mostly in on shorter stouter guards. This kid seems like the best true tackle prospect we are currently in the running for.

Seems like we are mostly in on shorter stouter guards. This kid seems like the best true tackle prospect we are currently in the running for.
That’s probably because the top 2020 guys are already seeing Wanya and Darnell is probably starting for us at both tackle spots and they want no part of it. Hopefully Dumervil isn’t afraid of competition

If we could get this hoss....with Mays...the current commit from Illinois...and either Leonard or Anderson....man our Oline would be in good hands for many years to come.

That’s probably because the top 2020 guys are already seeing Wanya and Darnell is probably starting for us at both tackle spots and they want no part of it. Hopefully Dumervil isn’t afraid of competition
So why go to schools like uga, bama, or lsu? They have several years of 4*/5* linemen waiting for their turn. We have 1 year. I don't get it.... I really dont.

If morris or wright get hurt, we have no one (quality wise) behind them. We have 1 year of great recruiting for the o-line position. Now all of the sudden, we have solved all of our o-line problems. Yeah right

So why go to schools like uga, bama, or lsu? They have several years of 4*/5* linemen waiting for their turn. We have 1 year. I don't get it.... I really dont.

If morris or wright get hurt, we have no one (quality wise) behind them. We have 1 year of great recruiting for the o-line position. Now all of the sudden, we have solved all of our o-line problems. Yeah right
Once you cant sell playing time you have to be able to sell championships. Everyone is going to sell NFL with playing time and with championships.

Reactions: VOLUNTEERSZN
This is the only true left tackle we’re in on this class from what I’ve gathered. I think we have a great shot here and he’ll be the 5th OL signee this cycle.

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back