‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

Florida is trying to go the Miami route, but they don't have the same money. That's why they couldn't flip Francis too.

Billy will get talent because he's in Florida. Rashada is a good get. I'm skeptical he can coach them to any real relevance. Will Billy ever be able to keep Heupel under 40? The only reason we scored 38 is because we stopped trying to score in the 4th. A mistake Heup never repeated after that game.

Will his offense be able to top 40 against us? couldn't do it this year with AR playing the best game of his life and our roster is nowhere near set on defense as it will be in the next 2 years.

If Levis is seriously as highly sought after as some say I can’t imagine a better class to come out in bc the bar must be pretty low.
He's looked really erratic in every game this year, he'll only be drafted because of potential, and maybe that's enough to sway him. I really hope he comes back for another year in the system, the idea that we may possibly start a true freshman QB terrifies me to no end.

Radhada flipped 100% on the promise he is starting next year from the boosters I spoke with. If he doesn’t, look for the portal to add one.
So he took a pay cut from Miami on the promise he'd start at Florida? What if AR comes back? And just how much is Florida paying Rashada?

Radhada flipped 100% on the promise he is starting next year from the boosters I spoke with. If he doesn’t, look for the portal to add one.
If that’s the case…..‘ole Napier won’t be in Hogtowne more than a year or two.

I highly doubt any coach would be stupid enough to make that promise.

If that’s the case…..‘ole Napier won’t be in Hogtowne more than a year or two.

I highly doubt any coach would be stupid enough to make that promise.
It doesn't really make sense. If AR decides to come back, Rashada isn't starting over him. If AR goes to the NFL, do you really promise the starting job to a freshman? And Rashada's NIL deal with Miami was rumored to be even larger than ours with Nico. So I'm curious what his NIL deal with Florida is?

It doesn't really make sense. If AR decides to come back, Rashada isn't starting over him. If AR goes to the NFL, do you really promise the starting job to a freshman? And Rashada's NIL deal with Miami was rumored to be even larger than ours with Nico. So I'm curious what his NIL deal with Florida is?
Exactly……and, if a real booster with any clout knew that his HC made that kind of promise, heads would roll.

You're probably gonna regret that thought process, but to each his own I guess.
Why? You think your boy is going to coach circles around Heupel. Had Heupel not got conservative in the 4th when were up 38-21, there would not have been this miraculous comeback. Face it Tennessee was playing against a jersey. We beat and then hung a more impressive skin in our trophy case. Florida is just another team to this staff. And good luck replacing the best player on your team next year. AR15 is the only reason your team has won anything. Hopefully FSU handles Florida and they can focus on that fools gold recruiting class

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
Why? You think your boy is going to coach circles around Heupel. Had Heupel not got conservative in the 4th when were up 38-21, there would not have been this miraculous comeback. Face it Tennessee was playing against a jersey. We beat and then hung a more impressive skin in our trophy case. Florida is just another team to this staff. And good luck replacing the best player on your team next year. AR15 is the only reason your team has won anything. Hopefully FSU handles Florida and they can focus on that fools gold recruiting class

Ditto. And don't tell me some story about a magical true freshman, please.

Also not sure if you ever played, coached, or even know anything about football. But the QB is the most important position on the field and the quickest way to turn a team around. Be curious to see how bad that drop off hurts Florida next year

I think we're confident because our head coach has always had great QB play all the way back to his time coaching at Oklahoma and will have a QB room with a lot of talent in Milton, Jackson, and Iamaleava. His QBs have always put up big numbers, what about Napier's history? I looked at his 2021 Louisiana QB's numbers and wasn't impressed...but that was just one season.

Reminder
Tennessee is in a position to go to the playoffs.

FL is watching TN and GA. All they have is threats of what they want to be.
This. I remember being there just a short while ago. Glad we aren’t there anymore. Let Florida enjoy the misery. Their fans have nothing to talk to us about

This. I remember being there just a short while ago. Glad we aren’t there anymore. Let Florida enjoy the misery. Their fans have nothing to talk to us about
Actually don't want them to enjoy it. I prefer them to suffer there for about 4-5 coaching changes until they luck into a coach that goes 11-1 with their only loss to us, give him an outrageous buyout and extension, and then watch him post 4 consecutive losing seasons thereafter. Then I may consider not actively wishing their demise.

f816cdf1-1c74-4608-ab03-4ddb00821a97_text.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back