‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

Lucas Simmons has told everyone all week he was going to spend this weekend working on his decision. Florida, Florida State, USC and Tennessee are the final four. We believe that it’s ultimately down to Tennessee and Florida State based off those we have spoken with. Simmons is not expected to decide in the immediate future. In fact, we believe Mauigoa, Ramil and Umarov will all make their decision before Simmons.
-VQ

My perfect world would have this guy and Umarov as our true tackles in this class and Mauigoa/Bussell as the RT’s who could also slide in to guard…I also firmly believe that Duncan will ultimately end up at tackle and will be a killer there

Reactions: buckfama
I will admit it would be nice if we would be the one that makes a late move to win a battle. Seems like when folks like where we sit we end up getting kicked out of the chair. I would rather them say we are in the mix.😆But we are going after the right type of players, we aren’t going to win them all. Having said that I think we will do well in recruiting. Still more battles to come and I expect us to win our share. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: overseasvolfan
Always been my hope that this is our future RT to bookend with Sham at LT. Francis would of given us a great athletic guard. Oh well let’s get our tackles.

This guy is going to FSU
Do you know him? Do you have insider info?

I don't. I don't claim to. In fact, there's a decent chance that he's doing what he said he's going to do... take a week and look at his options. That means in spite of your kneejerk negativity... he may not have made his mind up yet.

Reactions: BullsGap
Do you know him? Do you have insider info?

I don't. I don't claim to. In fact, there's a decent chance that he's doing what he said he's going to do... take a week and look at his options. That means in spite of your kneejerk negativity... he may not have made his mind up yet.
I think he's saying that because MV said we were just a hat on the table.

Reactions: Rizzo924
I think he's saying that because MV said we were just a hat on the table.
And that may be the case. To be honest, if I had two opportunities I considered roughly equal except one was 3 or 4 hours from home and the other was 10-14... I'd probably choose the closer one.

That said, it seems the kid explicitly said he was taking a week and closing down communication while he thought about his decision. I don't know who MetalVol is or where he gets info. But it seems if someone shut down so he could evaluate options... it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that the decision coming out could be completely different than the expected decision going in.

I'm not really that jacked up over any particular player. UT needs some quality bodies that can be developed into a good, cohesive OL. If they end the cycle and don't help themselves with a 2-3 good looking prospects then we can be concerned.

watching-eyes.gif

VN Store

Back