‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Big brain time, activated.
giphy.gif

"I personally haven’t heard much Florida talk. As I mentioned last night in another thread, I’ve been hearing that it’s more of a Tennessee-Miami battle down the stretch, and the Hurricanes are a legitimate threat to the Vols. Tennessee still has a good shot, but it’s too close to call at this point, in my opinion."

-Callahan

Miami board growing very confident. Ugh. Hope Nico and Co. can close this one out. These late minute losses are becoming rough. We gotta close some of these 50/50 looking battles, right?!?
Although, I would love to have landed Benson (sounds like he's headed to Bama) and Tate, especially Benson, Im not sweating either of them, at all; however, if we miss on this kid, to either Miami or USC, I'm going to start getting a bit concerned. Missing to Bama and Ohio St is one thing...missing to Miami or USC is, as I said, concerning, especially in the final days of the recruitment.

Although, I would love to have landed Benson (sounds like he's headed to Bama) and Tate, especially Benson, Im not sweating either of them, at all; however, if we miss on this kid, to either Miami or USC, I'm going to start getting a bit concerned. Missing to Bama and Ohio St is one thing...missing to Miami or USC is, as I said, concerning, especially in the final days of the recruitment.
Unfortunately, money or close proximity to family may sway someone. We’ve all been there. That being said, I’m not giving up on this recruitment until the ink is dried.

50/50 But I think we are in a good spot. We have done everything we can. Family loves us, he’s got Nico on campus, distance is ehhhh but I think we can overcome that

If this is the case, then why is Miami storming onto the scene so late and seen as a “legit threat” according to RC? Are all of these relationships and the fit and the school really about to be shoved aside because Miami simply came in with a massive bag at the 11th hour?

Their name wasn’t even really discussed at all the past few weeks, now we’re 6 days from his commitment and it’s a TN-Miami battle. Sketchy as hell.

VN Store

Back