‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Talkin Dobbs:

Josh Dobbs flips from Arizona State to Tennessee on Signing Day - SBNation.com

After committing to Arizona State way back in the summer, one of the nation's top quarterbacks has flipped to Tennessee.

The 6'3, 190-pound Dobbs seemed destined to remain committed to ASU, with the school's aeronautics program being a key selling point for the quarterback. However, over the last month, he began to explore options closer to home, including Mississippi State. He took an official visit to ASU on January 18th, but followed that with a trip to Knoxville a week after.

The Sun Devils received a verbal commitment from Dobbs way back in June. He moved up recruiting rankings during his senior year, and was sought after by more schools around the country. The switch allows the Georgia native to stay closer to home.

The flip hurts for the Sun Devils, but they are rejoicing in Knoxville. Dobbs is rated as the 10th-best pro-style quarterback by the composite rankings on 247 Sports. He is a consensus 4-star recruit, despite his slight frame.

I remember a buddy of mine that graduated from Miss St being bummed at the time that Dobbs came to Tennessee.

Can you imagine what Dobbs would have been under Heuple and in his offense? That would’ve been fun.

That’s what I’m hopping for out of Nico.
He can absolutely sling it I just hope he develops his running abilities. If he does that he has a high chance to be that guy everyone talks about.

That’s what I’m hopping for out of Nico.
He can absolutely sling it I just hope he develops his running abilities. If he does that he has a high chance to be that guy everyone talks about.
Have you watched much of his film? I'm not just referring to Hudl. Search him on YouTube. The kid is also a beast when he decides to take off with it. He's a far better athlete than I think many people realize. He's similar to Dobbs is that they both were considered pocket passers by the recruiting services, and we saw what Dobbs did with his legs while here.

we will see now that it appears that SPYRE has been neutered by Danny White how good Heupel is at getting the talent in on his own. Hope he is going to be able to get the big fish we need

we will see now that it appears that SPYRE has been neutered by Danny White how good Heupel is at getting the talent in on his own. Hope he is going to be able to get the big fish we need
SPYRE is a business so they can legally give offers to anyone without UT or NCAA oversight…continuing to lend credence to this rumor could possibly prevent ppl from joining Spyre because then they will think it is a lost cause…have other programs caught up with our NIL? Yes and that’s why we need to get more UT fans to join our NIL (Spyre), whether you are ignorant to the situation or not stop spreading this rumor unless you don’t care about the success of our program.

SPYRE is a business so they can legally give offers to anyone without UT or NCAA oversight…continuing to lend credence to this rumor could possibly prevent ppl from joining Spyre because then they will think it is a lost cause…have other programs caught up with our NIL? Yes and that’s why we need to get more UT fans to join our NIL (Spyre), whether you are ignorant to the situation or not stop spreading this rumor unless you don’t care about the success of our program.
good post

I’m so tired of reading this fantasy. Why can’t people have the nuance to understand what is said in public isn’t what we are doing behind closed doors? All that we aren’t doing yet is actively using the University/Coaches to solicit funds for Spyre.

Heupel did well last year for his first class especially since he came in a little late. BTW, Spyre is having a meeting soon with donors. Maybe wait until after that so we know more instead of just taking gossip as the truth.

Last edited:
Have you watched much of his film? I'm not just referring to Hudl. Search him on YouTube. The kid is also a beast when he decides to take off with it. He's a far better athlete than I think many people realize. He's similar to Dobbs is that they both were considered pocket passers by the recruiting services, and we saw what Dobbs did with his legs while here.
Got a link to any good ones?

VN Store

Back