‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

We are gonna blow some people the hell out this year,

If we can get just adequate LB and corner play
We had that at times last year.
Just like pass rush.

Just like explosive offense and the ability to convert on 3rd down.

All around we were inconsistent. BOTH sides.

We had as many defensive stops as Alabama did last year. Problem was...we defended more overall possessions.
Because our offense having too many empty possessions.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Woah. When did they say that? Been out of town all weekend. Would be amazing to lock him up this early and get recruiting for us.
there was nothing in the WR if thats anything to go by. . . and the previous week they said we may lead, and then this week nothing. smells fishy

there was nothing in the WR if thats anything to go by. . . and the previous week they said we may lead, and then this week nothing. smells fishy
No news is good news? Maybe so. Then again maybe there's just nothing else to say until he visits I guess.

Going to be a big turning point for better or worse. Hopefully we handle NiL things better than whatever the heck happened with Kasper. But a kid this big should be be offered a much bigger bag than Mr #150 dime a dozen WR. He's the type we need in order to build something approaching a championship level OL. Need a whole bunch more talent and he'd be one hell of a centerpiece to build around.

No news is good news? Maybe so. Then again maybe there's just nothing else to say until he visits I guess.

Going to be a big turning point for better or worse. Hopefully we handle NiL things better than whatever the heck happened with Kasper. But a kid this big should be be offered a much bigger bag than Mr #150 dime a dozen WR. He's the type we need in order to build something approaching a championship level OL. Need a whole bunch more talent and he'd be one hell of a centerpiece to build around.
kasper wanted Top 3 WR Money while being the #23 WR. plus WR wont pull as much money as QBs, OTs, and Edge

kasper wanted Top 3 WR Money while being the #23 WR. plus WR wont pull as much money as QBs, OTs, and Edge
Yeah that was silly. Though we also should have been better prepared and had some understanding, and most importantly, some non-financial rebuttal to his assumption. It sounded like we weren't fully prepared for what happened and it went to hell in a hurry. Just my estimation ofc.

I only hope these guys aren't feeding from Nico that we're just handing out millions to everyone. Of course that should be obvious to merely a top 150 kid...but apparently not. Then again, I still say it's much much better to get our foot in the door and at least have a shooter's chance, even if we don't land Kid A or kid B. I doubt we are even in the discussion for Tate, Kasper, and definitely Mauigoa, without Nico. Massive and well worth the $8mm

Yeah that was silly. Though we also should have been better prepared and had some understanding, and most importantly, some non-financial rebuttal to his assumption. It sounded like we weren't fully prepared for what happened and it went to hell in a hurry. Just my estimation ofc.

I only hope these guys aren't feeding from Nico that we're just handing out millions to everyone. Of course that should be obvious to merely a top 150 kid...but apparently not. Then again, I still say it's much much better to get our foot in the door and at least have a shooter's chance, even if we don't land Kid A or kid B. I doubt we are even in the discussion for Tate, Kasper, and definitely Mauigoa, without Nico. Massive and well worth the $8mm
Tate had already visited us Twice before nico committed, he just helped, Kasper and Mauigoa was definitely nico though

- There was a lot of talk that Mauigoa, originally from American Samoa and played at San Bernardino (Calif.) Aquinas before heading to Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, wanted to return West for college so his family could more easily see him play. USC shot to the top of his list and Oregon was always there. But now there is so much talk about Tennessee especially after five-star QB Nico Iamaleava from Long Beach (Calif.) Poly committed there and other SEC programs are involved, too. His return West doesn’t seem as certain now.
- Rivals

FIVE FIVE-STAR CANDIDATES
Francis Mauigoa - Five offensive tackles were taken in the first round of the NFL Draft last week and at least two it could be argued were reaches. There is currently only one five-star offensive tackle in the 2023 class in
Kadyn Proctor but Mauigoa has the size, physical ability and toughness to at least be in the conversation.
- Rivals

I have a longstanding opinion that WR is the most replaceable position on offense. There's so many athletes out there that there's no excuse for not having a competent WR group and you don't have to be 6-3 or run a 4.4 to be competent... I'd want every other position secured before overspending on a WR

I have a longstanding opinion that WR is the most replaceable position on offense. There's so many athletes out there that there's no excuse for not having a competent WR group and you don't have to be 6-3 or run a 4.4 to be competent... I'd want every other position secured before overspending on a WR

Patriots went by that philosophy for a long time. Most recent draft suggests a lot of teams are placing a premium on them.

I'd argue RB.

But in this offense I'm not worried about either!

VN Store

Back