'19 FL OL Chris Akporoghene (Tennessee signee)

Wasn’t head scratching at time. OL was in terrible spot. Take what you could get at time and had solid ranking/offers/measurements but then you realize he doesn’t love the game and could care less when he gets to campus

He isn't athletic and he's too short to play OT, but not powerful enough to be a Guard in the SEC. Not that I care about his ranking, but it wasn't that high. I watched his film and saw an un-explosive kid who looked like a mid-major player. Yes, it was a bad take at the time.

Kids can be worthy humans who work hard and do everything right except beat out better players. Have never heard or read anything that legitimately demonized this young man. Now he has a UT degree and goes out to find a better athletic fit. No regrets on either side imo.

Kids can be worthy humans who work hard and do everything right except beat out better players. Have never heard or read anything that legitimately demonized this young man. Now he has a UT degree and goes out to find a better athletic fit. No regrets on either side imo.

Exactly. He went to high school and played for Kings Academy near us before going to IMG. Comes from a great family. Good luck to him.

Please explain. He couldn’t even see the field here.

I mean they took the "bust" that was Drew Richmond and he did pretty good for them. I don't think Chris is on that level, but he has 3 years left and could just be a depth guy for them.

Please explain. He couldn’t even see the field here.

Because there's no reported issues w/his vision and players have access to the stadium. Duh. ;)

But like everyone else has said, he was always a raw prospect but has great size and reportedly athleticism (plus no behavioral issues or academic issues). Dudes like that just don't grown on trees.

Surgery kept him from contributing last year, but now has two years of college lifting and film study under his belt w/3 years of eligibility remaining. Not everyone you recruit will be a starter and sometimes it's better to get a kid that's OK w/that over one that's marginally better who isn't on board w/it.

VN Store

Back