FL LB DeMario Tolan (LSU commit)

So I take it...he won't be roommates with Banks and Beasley? Thats a bold statement right there.
"I saw sometimes they were going man coverage, and the linebackers would have to go guard the slot receivers and running backs," Tolan continued. "I feel like I could lock up those players. When it was running plays, I saw linebackers filling wrong gaps or just overrunning. I feel like I could fill that position better than they could."
Alpha.

What does it say? Anything new?
Nothing too new but still refreshing !

“It’s always great having visits with Tennessee,” Tolan said. “They are high with me. I love their staff. I knew and liked coach Heupel when he was at UCF. It was a great thing having him go up to Tennessee.
“When I took my official this summer, it was a lot this what we will be and do,” Tolan offered. “It’s a big deal to get to see what it actually is by watching them play.”
“I’m trying to figure out who’s going to be there and not there,” offered Tolan who will take a second official visit to LSU next weekend.
“They really show that they want me and been wanting me for the longest. Every since I took my official up there they have wanted me more and more since then.”
“Really, where my heart feels it’s the best,” Tolan said of his deciding factors in making a final decision. “It’s a gut feeling and relationships and where I feel most comfortable.”

Vol head coach Josh Heupel will make his one in home visit next week.

Hubbs - YQ

Last edited:
So he is worried about coaches leaving?
He was referring to the LSU coaching situation !

The 6-2, 210 pound linebacker committed to LSU back in July and has remained a commitment but has been open to other schools since it was announced that Ed Orgeron would not be returning.

Thursday night, Tolan will host current LSU linebackers coach Blake Baker in his home. Tolan has not yet spoken with new head coach Brian Kelly.
-VQ
“I’m trying to figure out who’s going to be there and not there,” offered Tolan who will take a second official visit to LSU next weekend.
-Tolan

Wow...that's telling...and a really good sign for us if it's between us and LSU....he signing this month?
I'm not trying to be a naysayer, as I'm genuinely feeling positive. However, I might argue that this fact may hurt us a bit. The kid is quoted as saying he's wanting to see who is staying on at LSU. If none of the ND staff are leaving to go with Kelly, that could force Kelly's hands a bit and make him keep several of the current LSU staffers on for at least one year, which in turn hurts our chances because this young man obviously feels connections to some of the current LSU staff.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, as I'm genuinely feeling positive. However, I might argue that this fact may hurt us a bit. The kid is quoted as saying he's wanting to see who is staying on at LSU. If none of the ND staff are leaving to go with Kelly, that could force Kelly's hands a bit and make him keep several of the current LSU staffers on for at least one year, which in turn hurts our chances because this young man obviously feels connections to some of the current LSU staff.

Makes sense however Kelly will eventually want his own staff. He may keep current LSU staff until after signing day then gradually change to staff loyal to him. I think this is what the kid is trying to figure out.

Their position coaches will stay on till Kelly picks his DC who may want to bring own position coaches. The uncertainty is going to help us. I think the length of his relationship with Heupel going back to UCF in Orlando gives us big edge over CBK. I think Heupel seals the deal Next week in home.

Kelly will not have a staff together on signing day. When he takes his official visit to LSU the building will be empty. If AP says it’s between us and LSU then I feel pretty confident.
Your wish is APs command. From this AM.

Finally, Demario Tolan is down to Vols and LSU in my opinion. He is going back there this weekend and if the Vols can survive the weekend then I believe they stand a great shot there.

Literally every ND assistant is staying at ND and refusing to come to LSU with Brian Kelly.

Kelly will not have a staff together on signing day. When he takes his official visit to LSU the building will be empty. If AP says it’s between us and LSU then I feel pretty confident.

If your CJH and co you’ve gotta do some dirty recruiting here and hammer these 2 points in HARD!

Reactions: sneakergawd

VN Store

Back