'20 FL Gerald Mincey (UF Transfer)

IF he did, it would be boom worthy, but don’t see it happening.
I think they said his early draft feedback hasn't been good and he's projected as a late round pick or undrafted free agent. So, he's considering coming back to improve his draft stock. Who knows how valid this is? I think Hooker is definitely coming back for the same reason.

I think they said his early draft feedback hasn't been good and he's projected as a late round pick or undrafted free agent. So, he's considering coming back to improve his draft stock. Who knows how valid this is? I think Hooker is definitely coming back for the same reason.
The last I saw was 3rd round, if it’s changed, please show me. I’ll admit I’m not the most savvy when it comes to updated recruiting news.

The last I saw was 3rd round, if it’s changed, please show me. I’ll admit I’m not the most savvy when it comes to updated recruiting news.
It's nothing that I saw personally. It's what was said while listening to the talking heads (Price, Hubbs, Cain, and the other guy). This was being discussed Wednesday and Thursday. Like I said, I don't know how valid the info is. If he's still considered the #23 guard in the draft, that isn't a 3rd round pick.

Reactions: lenoxvol
It's nothing that I saw personally. It's what was said while listening to the talking heads (Price, Hubbs, Cain, and the other guy). This was being discussed Wednesday and Thursday. Like I said, I don't know how valid the info is. If he's still considered the #23 guard in the draft, that isn't a 3rd round pick.

If he is the 23rd guard is his grade then that is like you said a last round draft pick or a undrafted free agent. I think you come back if that’s his grade.

If he is the 23rd guard is his grade then that is like you said a last round draft pick or a undrafted free agent. I think you come back if that’s his grade.
We will start to see serious evaluations for everyone after the senior bowl. Of course, in recent years, we've seen guys with 3rd round draft grades go undrafted. So, who knows?

We will start to see serious evaluations for everyone after the senior bowl. Of course, in recent years, we've seen guys with 3rd round draft grades go undrafted. So, who knows?
If he is only the 23rd rated guard should we care if he comes back or not?

If he is only the 23rd rated guard should we care if he comes back or not?

Trey went in the 6th rd I think and was starting in camp,so take what the NFL evaluator's say with a grain of salt.All it takes is 1 or 2 teams to really like you,take Dez Fitzpatrick for example.I had never heard of the dude at all,Titans trade up blowing 2 extra picks in the process.I never saw that coming nor did the rest the world.This whole game is an estimated guess at best.

I was thinking Aime also.....from 247....

View attachment 419625

Thanks, I had put all but Evans and Bailey in out of sight, out of mind mode .

Can anybody clarify whether or not to get the additional replacements under the new rules that they have to be academically eligible and complete a transfer to a D1 school? Just being in the portal does not get it done I DON"T THINK.

Also, I have heard in discussion that the rule was only for losses after a certain date, what is that date?

I would like to see all of this in official writing but can't find the CURRENT product with my search engine skills. The portal has sort of morphed into whatever it is today starting with the grad transfer deal and then expanding and I find articles, not rules, as things changed.

All help appreciated.

Then all we have to do is get our total counters down to less than 85 to use those that comply.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
If you have to be academically eligible then how does Ty Evans get into Louisville when he did not attend class at UT? Or is this one of those ACC standard things where classes are not important.

If you have to be academically eligible then how does Ty Evans get into Louisville when he did not attend class at UT? Or is this one of those ACC standard things where classes are not important.

ACC has gone to the North Carolina standards.

Reactions: Brillovol
That was message board chatter. While I don't think he did much in the classroom, I think he'll be academically ok. I think he left the team and spent the time getting his academics in order, with the assistance of the football support side. Remember, it's in UT's best interest for him to be good on the schooling side too. I'm sure UT did everything in their power to make sure that happened.

PeskyExhaustedGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back