'20 FL ATH Caziah Holmes

He has gotten 2 CB’s to Penn St today. They are from John Garcia Jr and Tyler Donohue (PSU Insider).

As someone who lives in Western PA, I cant understand for the life of me why a Florida kid would have any interest in going there with all the regional schools and all the SEC has to offer.

It's been over a month since Cocoa, Florida running back Caziah Holmes visited Tennessee officially. As the time has passed during the dead period, Holmes has focused on his decision, but where does Tennessee stand? "All of my final schools are pretty even," Holmes said. "They want and need someone like me. They have told me they need a player like me. Tennessee has a great coaching staff, great people and I'm looking for all those things."

Looking back at his June official to Rocky Top, Holmes loved the people around the program and that at least put Tennessee in the serious conversation down the home stretch. "The players on the team and how we collaborated," Holmes said. "The different activities that we got to do while we were there. It was a good visit, but it was the people that made it good."

One of those people is running backs coach David Johnson. His name has been very apparent on the recruiting trail for Tennessee in the 2020 class as he recruits top in-state talented like Omari Thomas, Bryson Eason and others. "He's a great coach and he knows what he is doing," Holmes said of Johnson. "The biggest thing is he cares for his kids. He's a players coach. That's the biggest thing you can hope for in a coach is someone that has your back."

"Everyone says my speed so I know that for sure," Holmes said. "I'm smart so I have a good football IQ and I guess my vision. I'm very agile and things like that. Plus I can catch out of the backfield."

Holmes is planning on announcing his college decision on August 9th. He's looking for the right fit and that's why his list of top schools is so pivotal to him. Penn State, Florida, Miami, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida State and Auburn make up his final schools. "I'm looking for a place I'm wanted and that has that family atmosphere that I'm looking for," Holmes said. "A place that I can make an impact as a freshman and play my type of game. A place that can help me on and off the field."

-VQ

Recruiting outlook: Holmes has prolonged his recruitment as he tries to determine his final destination, but the two front-runners appear to be Penn State and Florida State. The Nittany Lions have made huge strides in the state of Florida over the last few recruiting classes, but Willie Taggart is working to get the Seminoles rolling again. Holmes is expected to visit Florida State this weekend, and there will be a lot of attention on him as the Noles try to build momentum.

Farrell’s take: FSU will be tough to beat here if he continues to show interest and take visits, but Penn State has stolen players from Florida before and could again. I think it depends on how the season goes for the Seminoles, but I pick them at this point.
Rivals

Reactions: LA Vol
Never know with the kids, but his OT did pick the gators. Shocked the wife. Still say FSU or Miami. Moms one, dads the other.

VN Store

Back