Five years ago on this day

I miss Josh Dobbs.
iu

we were like the people on the titantic that never heard the ship had hit the iceberg.....

One thing I learn from this is that the idea of a "signature win" is a really really dumb concept. On any given Saturday (for instance), Team A might beat Team B. That's not going to stop you from being fired.

As always, tip of the hat to Josh Smith. Good job taking care of business out front.

What a team. No business not making it to Atlanta with that team. Kamara, Dobbs, Jennings, just a ton of weapons.

People often forget that GA completed a long pass for a TD right before the Dobbs-Jennings Hail Mary. Was a roller coaster of emotions at the end. We almost ‘Butched’ this game much like the FL 2015/2017 games.

Reactions: wmcovol and tbh
My wife is still mad because I skipped a wedding to stay in the condo and watch the game…and I still tell her it was a great decision. We were in Gulf Shores for a wedding and as the time got closer to leave she kept telling me we had to go. Finally she yelled, “Do you just want to stay here and watch your football game?” To which I quickly said yes…what a great decision…

I was in traffic outside of Atl listening to the game. People were texting me and giving me the business because UGA scored on a long pass to win (they thought). I could hear people in other cars screaming "NO". I remember the radio broadcast ended so abruptly I thought they lost power or the satellite or something.
I was with a crowd from church. My pastor had ran laps around me after that Georgia TD, and his wife brought me a red towel to "dry my tears". After we won, I handed it back, and told her may want to wait till the clock hits zero next time.

We live on a cul de sac and my daughter who was 8 at the time was out walking the dog in our front yard when this play happened. Shortly thereafter, she came running in and said that she was scared. When me and the wife asked why, she said "because I heard people in like four different houses and yall, and everyone started screaming at the same time and I didn't know what was going on".

I liked the video of the crazy GA fan who broke his tv when GA scored from jumping around; then just sank down in defeat after the Hail Mary.

Reactions: McDad
I liked the video of the crazy GA fan who broke his tv when GA scored from jumping around; then just sank down in defeat after the Hail Mary.
Didn't "Uncle Lou" destroy his tv or something?

It's funny some people back then thought our best QB was on the bench (JG) ;)

PS. I also remember that after the game Kirby said he was very glad Dobbs was in his last year. :)

I think it was Stoops who said that. Anyway, I was watching the streamed game at home and figured dagnabbit, we were losing another close one. But I kept watching hoping for a miracle. Cause that year, the Vols were exciting if nothing else. I think an A&M broadcaster referred to them as the cardiac kids or something. They were like a frogging old time Timex watch: Takes a licking, keeps on ticking. So I kept watching and hoping. Darn if they didn't pull it off.

Didn't "Uncle Lou" destroy his tv or something?
That may have been the guy. He was funny, and a stand-up guy for posting it. He broke his tv; can't remember how he watched the end (a second tv?). I remember him throwing his cap.

I think it was Stoops who said that. Anyway, I was watching the streamed game at home and figured dagnabbit, we were losing another close one. But I kept watching hoping for a miracle. Cause that year, the Vols were exciting if nothing else. I think an A&M broadcaster referred to them as the cardiac kids or something. They were like a frogging old time Timex watch: Takes a licking, keeps on ticking. So I kept watching and hoping. Darn if they didn't pull it off.
LOL. I remember McElwain saying that after we beat Florida. But hey, they probably all said it.

I was in traffic outside of Atl listening to the game. People were texting me and giving me the business because UGA scored on a long pass to win (they thought). I could hear people in other cars screaming "NO". I remember the radio broadcast ended so abruptly I thought they lost power or the satellite or something.
Love it! ….. did you think to yourself something like ….. “What a change of events !” ?

Yep

That was the last big win for UT. Think about that, 5 years since a signature win. Had beaten FL and then this win over GA. The loss to ATM in OT was disheartening but still you thought things were going well. Then you had the los to bubba, SC and a bad vandy team to close the season. And it's been terrible since.

VN Store

Back