Fishing Pictures Thread

I went with my boys tonight. This is my youngest. He was really upset he didn’t catch anything. But we had fun anyway.
Spending time with your kids is worth more than the catching, he'll see that one day. Also, good time to explain it's called fishing, and not catching 🤣. Unfortunately, I have to remind myself of this too often.

Spending time with your kids is worth more than the catching, he'll see that one day. Also, good time to explain it's called fishing, and not catching 🤣. Unfortunately, I have to remind myself of this too often.
Right? Lol. I never catch anything either. We usually go to a family farm that has stocked ponds and he and I still can’t do it. We can’t be still and patient. It definitely requires a skill set!

One my friends was fishing Holston this weekend. I think they caught 17 walleye today

It kinda reminds me of some places on Clinch. Nolichucky runs down through Unaka? I used to be in that area a lot. If you live in that area, the Hensley’s are good people.
Yeah this was between Erwin and Embreeville on 107

Reactions: loggervol
One my friends was fishing Holston this weekend. I think they caught 17 walleye today

It kinda reminds me of some places on Clinch. Nolichucky runs down through Unaka? I used to be in that area a lot. If you live in that area, the Hensley’s are good people.
Used to drive from Kentucky with my dad and fish the Holston, and french broad.

as in trey hensley?

and i do fish the noli, have for nearly 30 years.

Reactions: loggervol
View attachment 627748
Fishing at yes, a trout pond. My son got to fish, and throw rocks.

We only saw two people catch fish. Were over 30 people there fishing one tiny pond. Me things the fish get hammered.
That in Tennessee? I'd never seen a trout pond until I moved to Georgia. We had trout in Kentucky, but necessarily didn't fish for them. We'd catch them all night catfishing on chicken liver 🤣. Our county watershed lake was stocked with rainbow trout. My dad still catches them occasionally during the day fishing for small mouth.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
That in Tennessee? I'd never seen a trout pond until I moved to Georgia. We had trout in Kentucky, but necessarily didn't fish for them. We'd catch them all night catfishing on chicken liver 🤣. Our county watershed lake was stocked with rainbow trout. My dad still catches them occasionally during the day fishing for small mouth.
North Carolina. Naturally we didnt catch anything. 30+ people standing over trout in the heat, not usually a good recipe.

A great time though.

I took the Scouts and a competitive soccer team to the state run trout farm near Hampton, quite the fond memories. It’s located off of Highway 19-E.
Best bait for trout is whole kernel sweet corn, just saying
GBO

I took the Scouts and a competitive soccer team to the state run trout farm near Hampton, quite the fond memories. It’s located off of Highway 19-E.
Best bait for trout is whole kernel sweet corn, just saying
GBO
Corn kernels resemble their fish farm food.

My son got his PB redfish on our last trip. I had told him we would get him a fiberglass replica if he caught an upper slot or bigger red all on his own, so that's what we did. He said if he catches two more completely on his own then he's earned a custom inshore rod...lol. This one was 26" and it beat the previous PB he caught that morning that was just under 24".
20230927_151036.jpg

VN Store

Back