First NET Rankings Released

With games being a few the Mizzu win is giving us a big boost

I’ve never been a big fan of the NET rankings and darn sure am not this season. I think road wins are WAY overrated this season. Home court means very very little this season

Reactions: BreatheUT
I am very pleasantly surprised to see us that high after the Alabama loss. I was expecting more towards the 8-12 range.

I agree with what others have said, that Colorado win and Missouri win are both paying huge dividends. I will be cheering for both of them to keep winning because quality wins will be hard to come by in the SEC this year.

Reactions: ArdentVol
The Bama loss was a fluke.

We played our absolute worst basketball under Barnes and still had a chance to make a run.

Tennessee is a Top 10 team when it’s all said and done.
It was the perfect storm for Bama. They played their best game of the year, Tennessee shot terribly from the field and the line, we lost Pons for half the game and Springer for 3/4 of the game. They hit 5 3-pointers in a row in a four minute span, yet we were still in it late. Unlike the Kansas-Texas game, where the Jayhawks got blown out, we played our worst with every conceivable thing that could go wrong, did go wrong. Yet, we were in it against a very talented team.

Will be interesting to see how heavily they’re used this year be selection committee, a little surprised Tennessee is that high...

I was quite frankly shocked. Maybe surprised is a better word. I always take these things with a grain of salt, but this was curious, to say the least. That being the case, I do think this Tennessee team is special.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Of course it's early but let's not kid ourselves what this is all about. Our season is about seeding in the tournament. That's the big picture. IMO the goal should be nothing worse than a #2 seed. This is a good starting point

Reactions: cardvolfan
Last edited:
Both Missouri and Colorado are in the top 15, and that's why we're rated so highly. Even the Alabama loss (though it appears not to be included in this) won't kill us. The No. 3 team shouldn't really lose to a team in the 30s at home, but it's not a total disaster or anything. And we get a chance for another top 25 win (Arkansas) this week.

We played our absolute worst basketball under Barnes and still had a chance to make a run.

I agree with you.We played about as bad as we possibly could and they shot the ball great.Basketball is weird in that the National championship team will usually have a few losses along the way.

I sure hope your right. Maybe we won’t have any more flukes this year, especially to a team that’s starts with an A!!!!

I sure hope your right. Maybe we won’t have any more flukes this year, especially to a team that’s starts with an A!!!!
We will lose again to teams ranked lower than us. It’s the nature of the sport. Won’t mean we’re bad or the guys didn’t try hard.

Amazing that the outside world sees how good we are but half our fans think we suck bc of 1 game lol.
The NET loves us

Anyone that is a regular to this board doesn't think we suck. I think most just want to see us shore up some of the offensive inconsistency, but we all agree this team is as elite defensively as any team in UT history.

VN Store

Back