First BB game

Sorry guys but this weekend is the first time I’ve ever been to TBA. I’ve been to Neyland stadium countless times since ‘92. Wife and I are staying downtown( old town). Would it be best to Uber or Lyft to the stadium or drive? Wanting to go for bar food and drinks ( nothin ) fancy after?
From downtown, catch the trolley for free. Now, going back to the hotel, Uber, unless the game is over, before 10, trolley

Sorry guys but this weekend is the first time I’ve ever been to TBA. I’ve been to Neyland stadium countless times since ‘92. Wife and I are staying downtown( old town). Would it be best to Uber or Lyft to the stadium or drive? Wanting to go for bar food and drinks ( nothin ) fancy after?

Awesome. TBA is a great place. Have fun.

My wife and I are going to the Vandy game as well. We're staying at the Crown Plaza. There will be lots going on after the game in Old Town. Neat area............

My wife and I are going to the Vandy game as well. We're staying at the Crown Plaza. There will be lots going on after the game in Old Town. Neat area............
Unless they arrive on gameday and leave right after, there’s a good chance that the vandy travel party will be at the Crowne. Heckle them and get them rattled pregame!
I have a feeling the old city and market square will be busy Saturday night, with Valentine’s Day being Monday. You may want to look into reservations.
GBO!!

Im sorry gave you wrong info .. Crown PLaza .. just walk across road and down the steps between TVA towers .. and you will be at the Market Square ..all kinds of places there .. and if you make it over to Gay Sr look for Embasy Suites and thats where CJ Tacos is located .. but there are lots of places downtown

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I’m headed to my first game at TBA in several years next Tuesday. Has anyone tried Peyton’s restaurant, Saloon 16? Was debating between Copper Cellar, Fieldhouse Social, and Saloon 16 for a pregame meal with my friends.

I’m headed to my first game at TBA in several years next Tuesday. Has anyone tried Peyton’s restaurant, Saloon 16? Was debating between Copper Cellar, Fieldhouse Social, and Saloon 16 for a pregame meal with my friends.
I havent been to saloon, but went to Copper Cellar when I was in town for the OM football game. I have to say we were surprised the food was really good and the service for that many people was as well.

Reactions: berryvol
I havent been to saloon, but went to Copper Cellar when I was in town for the OM football game. I have to say we were surprised the food was really good and the service for that many people was as well.
My family used to go to copper cellar before every football game before we stopped season tickets. Food is so good there, will probably be hard to convince me to go someplace else lol

My family used to go to copper cellar before every football game before we stopped season tickets. Food is so good there, will probably be hard to convince me to go someplace else lol

The Copper Cellar West, the Half Shell, and Regas were the Big 3 in Knoxville in the late 1970s. The original Half Shell tragically burned to the ground (nobody was hurt thankfully) and the Regas family got out of the restaurant business. Mike Chase has the Copper Cellars and affiliated restaurants hitting on all cylinders.

Staying at the Hilton downtown. Been a few years since we were there last. Love it in that area. Friends and I would always stay at the campus days inn back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. Tore the strip up, ate at the Celler many times and it never disappointed back then. Then stumbled into Gus’ for a late night sammich and fry’s. Will b a little different trip this time around.

Saloon 16 has some awesome memorabilia but food is better at copper cellar.
I’m thinking dinner at copper cellar and then pregame at Saloon 16. Also, not sure if you or someone else knows this, but they sell alcohol at the basketball games, correct?

VN Store

Back