First and best live concert you attended.

First: John Cougar Mellencamp in ‘86 at MTSU’s Murphy Center
Best:… that’s a tough one. Motley Crue on the Girls Girls Girls tour was surprisingly awesome
Metallica was good too as was Nine Inch Nails
I got free tickets to a Queensryche show back in the early 90’s. The seats were sixth or seventh row. I knew who they were but that was about it so I wasn’t thrilled about going, but they were really good.

1st - Goose Creek with Dr. Hook in the old City Auditorium in Asheville, NC

Best - Rolling Stones at Memorial Stadium (Clemson University)

Reactions: Go aeiou
First: John Cougar Mellencamp in ‘86 at MTSU’s Murphy Center
Best:… that’s a tough one. Motley Crue on the Girls Girls Girls tour was surprisingly awesome
Metallica was good too as was Nine Inch Nails
I got free tickets to a Queensryche show back in the early 90’s. The seats were sixth or seventh row. I knew who they were but that was about it so I wasn’t thrilled about going, but they were really good.

Loved Queensryche. Geoff Tate is/was one of the best vocalists ever.

Loved Queensryche. Geoff Tate is/was one of the best vocalists ever.
Yeah I was blown away …. I knew who they were but had only heard a song or two of theirs at the time. They opened for Def Leppard on part of the Hysteria tour, but I got there late and didn’t see them. After seeing them afterwards I regretted it.

First real concert was The Beach Boys and Chicago.
Best concert was probably Rage Against the Machine with Gang Starr as the opener. Red Hot Chili Pepper with Foo Fighters was pretty great, too!

Wasn’t the first. Wasn’t the best. But I went to a Hank concert at Starwood in Antioch when I was like 12 or so. It was certainly the most memorable!! I saw things at that concert venue no one should see!

Honestly dont even remember the first but best was probably Pink Floyd at Oakland Coliseum

My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks is a close second.

Honestly dont even remember the first but best was probably Pink Floyd at Oakland Coliseum

My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks is a close second.
How was the sound at Red Rocks. We visited and a band was setting up, but we didn't stay for the performance. Another "I wish I had" times in life.

First - Paul McCartney May 2013
Best - Tom Petty's 40th Anniversary Tour (Managed to get tickets floor level about 11 rows back from center stage)

Both at the FedEx Forum.

First: Loverboy and Dokken in 1986
Best? Too many to narrow down to 1 but I can give top 5 a shot:
In no particular order:

Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Kiss/Aerosmith
Ozzy/Stone Sour
Shinedown/3 Days Grace/P.O.D.
Def Leppard/Journey
Alice Cooper/Halestorm
Styx/REO Speedwagon/Loverboy

Oh well that’s 7. I’ve been fortunate to have been to alot of great shows. I’ve missed a few I’m kicking myself for too. Never got to see AC/DC or Van Halen

Reactions: Behr
First: Loverboy and Dokken in 1986
Best? Too many to narrow down to 1 but I can give top 5 a shot:
In no particular order:

Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Kiss/Aerosmith
Ozzy/Stone Sour
Shinedown/3 Days Grace/P.O.D.
Def Leppard/Journey
Alice Cooper/Halestorm
Styx/REO Speedwagon/Loverboy

Oh well that’s 7. I’ve been fortunate to have been to alot of great shows. I’ve missed a few I’m kicking myself for too. Never got to see AC/DC or Van Halen

Saw AC/DC twice and sucked both times because it was so loud. Too loud. Way too loud.

First was Little River Band.
Best was probably Travis Tritt. Sammy Kershaw opened. Trisha Yearwood and Lee Roy Parnell were surprise guests.

Saw AC/DC twice and sucked both times because it was so loud. Too loud. Way too loud.

First was Little River Band.
Best was probably Travis Tritt. Sammy Kershaw opened. Trisha Yearwood and Lee Roy Parnell were surprise guests.

I hate it when they sacrifice the mix for volume sake. A lot of times it’s a guitar dominant mix that just muddies everything up. If you want a great mix go see Styx and Def Leppard

VN Store

Back