Fire Pruitt?

Fire Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 223 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.6%

• Total voters
If the option existed for "Tar and Feather" Pruitt, then I would be down for that clown being handed some Colonial-era justice for the fraud he has perpetrated impersonating a head coach.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I understand money is tight within the AD and firing isn't probable because of this. It's just my opinion that the right hire will negate the losses of revenue. Not this year but in future years. It would be an investment in hopes of paying dividends later. We are in the position we are now because we were in this position before and invested wrong.

So you would rather keep Pruitt and fall even further behind Kentucky. (God that was hard to say)
“Due to a reduction in football revenue from the coronavirus pandemic, Tennessee's athletic department estimates a $40 million deficit for the 2020 fiscal year.”

Report: Eight Tennessee assistants refused pay COVID-19 pay cuts

I’m sorry to say that you keep thinking football is ran off of fans passion and not revenue.

Tennessee.
Can’t.
Afford.
To.
Pay.
Fired.
Coaches.

Dang man, don’t you get that literally all fund raising right now is to pay for the athletes to be tested, the current coaches salaries, the players equipment, the training center, and the running of all the facilities so that they can even play?

When you set up a business expecting to sell 95% of all your tickets and you can’t sell but 25%, that’s a huge revenue loss.

$40MM to keep the program afloat as is today
$65MM to keep it afloat and hire and fire staff

Is. Not. Happening.

This is the bottom line

None of those schools had a huge renovation

None of those schools have worse reserves than UT

Math. Hard. Reality. Harder.

You don't need a stadium if you have this many disgruntled fans. Someone has to buy the tickets. I have explained that to the UT Athletic department each of the 12 times they called me the last two months trying to get a donation. I drive over 6 hours each way to every home game to watch the team play. I will continue to watch the games on tv and support the team but until they are serious about winning I'm no longer making the trip or donating my money every year. In the grand scheme of things I only donate 10k and that's not a lot compared to many others but I'm willing to bet that there are several others that have told them the same thing.

“Due to a reduction in football revenue from the coronavirus pandemic, Tennessee's athletic department estimates a $40 million deficit for the 2020 fiscal year.”

I’m sorry to say that you keep thinking football is ran off of fans passion and not revenue.

Tennessee.
Can’t.
Afford.
To.
Pay.
Fired.
Coaches.

Dang man, don’t you get that literally all fund raising right now is to pay for the athletes to be tested, the current coaches salaries, the players equipment, the training center, and the running of all the facilities so that they can even play?

When you set up a business expecting to sell 95% of all your tickets and you can’t sell but 25%, that’s a huge revenue loss.

Is. Not. Happening.

This is the bottom line
If Boosters want him fired I doubt money will be an issue.

If Boosters want him fired I doubt money will be an issue.

See post above by $10K/ year donor

They are begging for money to fulfill a $40MM deficit this year.

It’s a problem. It will be a problem. It won’t be resolved this year.

They can only fill 25% of the stadium, that’s cutting their football revenue from $50MM to $10MM this year.

no way, no how, is he fired until real revenues show back up.

When y’all start realizing that Tennessee football and athletics is a business that requires money to make significant changes - more money than your $5.99 CBS app subscription - you’ll realize a few things

- When you undertake a $100MM stadium renovation
- When you are always paying two HCs (the one you have and the one you fired)
- When you have a bare minimum in cash reserves
- When you can’t legally sell more than 20% of your tickets

You won’t be firing this HC anytime soon.

Math can be hard. Reality is harder.

Keep dreaming.

How much revenue will be lost by continuing to accept these results? The worst thing that could happen to the university is people realize they can make it just fine without caring what happens with this team in this sport.

Reactions: CSVol
Just get it over with. Pay Freeze whatever. We need excitement and optimism.

Maybe we will be lucky enough to land Cut at OC after Duke lets him go, and Steele at DC after Auburn flushes that staff.

Still let Freeze call the offense, just send Cut to the Manning family and have him stuck to them and Arch like glue.

How much revenue will be lost by continuing to accept these results. The worst thing that could happen to the university is people realize they can make it just fine without caring what happens with this team in this sport.

Not much.

Feel free to do the math. But there were maybe a few million lost in Dooley Dog Days and Butch’s last year

Financial Information

I know it’s hard to realize...but it won’t happen.

When y’all start realizing that Tennessee football and athletics is a business that requires money to make significant changes - more money than your $5.99 CBS app subscription - you’ll realize a few things

- When you undertake a $100MM stadium renovation
- When you are always paying two HCs (the one you have and the one you fired)
- When you have a bare minimum in cash reserves
- When you can’t legally sell more than 20% of your tickets

You won’t be firing this HC anytime soon.

Math can be hard. Reality is harder.

Keep dreaming.
When you realize that by keeping this guy you lose more money from lost ticket revenue which means lost merchandise sales... there’s more to this than what you’re portraying. You could lose 20 million in revenue by keeping this guy next year. A good hire could increase annual revenue with increased ticket sales and merchandise.

Fulmer,
87% of the fan base wants Pruitt gone, hard to be an AD and retain a coach so despised by its fans

We have two different views.
Buddy, I ain’t looking at opinions, I’m looking at dollars. And the money says that in the worst years of Butch and Dooley, revenue was down $2M a year

We are currently down $40MM this year due to COVID.

If you find different numbers that back you up, lemme know.

Again, I’m not arguing about your passion or disgust, but in the meetings where decisions are made, money matters more than your feelings.

Hard fact

Tennessee.
Can’t.
Afford.
To.
Pay.
Fired.
Coaches.

Is. Not. Happening.

This is the bottom line
Keep losing and you wont have any revenue.

When you realize that by keeping this guy you lose more money from lost ticket revenue which means lost merchandise sales... there’s more to this than what you’re portraying. You could lose 20 million in revenue by keeping this guy next year. A good hire could increase annual revenue with increased ticket sales and merchandise.

I linked for you all revenue statements since FY13, Dooleys last year

Nothing supports your $20MM in lost revenue argument. Nothing supports half that. You could get me to a max of $5MM in lost revenue if he had worse turnout than Dooley and Butch.

Buddy, I ain’t looking at opinions, I’m looking at dollars. And the money says that in the worst years of Butch and Dooley, revenue was down $2M a year

We are currently down $40MM this year due to COVID.

If you find different numbers that back you up, lemme know.

Again, I’m not arguing about your passion or disgust, but in the meetings where decisions are made, money matters more than your feelings.

Hard fact

I do not have passion or disgust. I don't have any feelings about it anymore. However, I do realize that this coaches run is over. You can keep him another year or ten, it will be the same. People that don't post on this board will make the decision. My only point is if they want to move in another direction I am sure they can find the money.

VN Store

Back