Fire Pruitt tonight

He will not get fired this year. Please stop acting like they really care whether anyone amongst the fanbase likes the coach or not. If you don't like them, then don't go to, or watch the game until they are gone. If you are a donor/contributor stop. Otherwise stop whining; it does no good and has little credence behind it.

Reactions: smithmr
If I was UTAD, I would hire Urban Meyer as a consultant. Evaluate the program and discuss progress and options for improvement. The advantages would be to unify everyone that we’re on the same page, know the weaknesses and addressing them, and create support and stability in the fan base.

Firing Pruitt when we know it’s a 4-5 year project is just ignorant.

That statement makes sense and is acceptable for losses to Bama, Georgia, Florida, and maybe SC occasionally.
It fails to hold any water at all against Ga State or BYU.
This is not a matter of working on a rebuild.

I disagree. Ga State was a mental loss because we were overconfident. BYU was a silly loss because we have young players and a HC gaining experience. We actually played well in the 1st half for the most part and were a play away from an ugly win. The team lost because it isn't confident in itself and expects the worst to happen (self fulfilling prophecy). These are all absolutely part of a rebuild. Players will get more confident with experience. The young players will mature and understand their roles better.

I would recommend being less absolute that we are failing and see how the team progresses this year. If we are having the same conversation next year and after I will admit you were correct.

That statement makes sense and is acceptable for losses to Bama, Georgia, Florida, and maybe SC occasionally.
It fails to hold any water at all against Ga State or BYU.
This is not a matter of working on a rebuild.

Again, I call hard BS on this position. Vandy and UK are now MILES ahead of us.

It's going to be a long haul.

Get on or get off.

Reactions: GoVols64
I know they arent going to fire him because of the buyout. I see no evidence that Pruitt will make it has a head coach. It is ludicrous we pay a man 4 million a year that has never been a head coach for a single day. I have followed the Vols since the late 1960s and it has become apparent to me the university has no commitment to the program. This is the first thread I ever started here- I usually try to stay away from the negavol stuff but a time comes when you see mistake after mistake by the administration. I think the players, the fans and the tradition deserve better. I am sure Coach Pruitt is a good man and no doubt has a lot of football knowledge. As of yet I have seen no evidence any of the translates into being a successful head coach. I know he inherited a mess, but it is hard to use the roster for an excuse when Brigham Young's recruiting class ranked 81 for 2019, 78 in 2018 and 66 in 2017. Georgia State's recruiting classes were ranked in 2019 -98, 2018 - 95 and in 2017 - 105. Tennessee by comparison was 2019-13, 2018 - 21 and 2017 - 17. Friends it is hard to say these two losses were because of a talent gap.

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol
To those saying JG is the problem, other than the one bad throw that was picked, what did he do wrong? Please be specific. I might remind those who are too young to remember that Peyton Manning threw 4 picks in the first half against Florida in 1996. Should we have benched him?

FLORIDA 35, TENNESSEE 29

To those saying JG is the problem, other than the one bad throw that was picked, what did he do wrong? Please be specific. I might remind those who are too young to remember that Peyton Manning threw 4 picks in the first half against Florida in 1996. Should we have benched him?

FLORIDA 35, TENNESSEE 29

If you think the pick is the only thing he did wrong, you don’t football very much. The sad thing is the coaches believed he was our best shot at winning this year. Now game play says otherwise, so it’s now on the coaches to make the hard(or easy depending on how you look at it) decision to start a different inexperienced QB. Either way, it’s going to be a tough season ahead.

FLORIDA 35, TENNESSEE 29
Two drives we had tds that didn't happen because he doesn't get the ball out fast enough. He waits an extra two seconds to throw and the opportunity is missed. Announcers called it out both times if you watched.

The td we did have was just luck. He threw a ball that should have been picked and it just deflected to JJ.

Honestly yesterday we looked like an improved team that was being hindered by qb play the whole night.

If you think the pick is the only thing he did wrong, you don’t football very much. The sad thing is the coaches believed he was our best shot at winning this year. Now game play says otherwise, so it’s now on the coaches to make the hard(or easy depending on how you look at it) decision to start a different inexperienced QB. Either way, it’s going to be a tough season ahead.
I asked you to be specific. You weren't. Try again.

FLORIDA 35, TENNESSEE 29
If you think that the only thing he did wrong is throw a pick then you don't know much about football or the QB position!

Two drives we had tds that didn't happen because he doesn't get the ball out fast enough. He waits an extra two seconds to throw and the opportunity is missed. Announcers called it out both times if you watched.

The td we did have was just luck. He threw a ball that should have been picked and it just deflected to JJ.

Honestly yesterday we looked like an improved team that was being hindered by qb play the whole night.
Good point. The question is, are the backups better? I'd say Chaney and Pruitt have a better idea than anyone on here.

There should be a rule that if you have the worst season in program history, you will not be the head coach the following year. That seems like a pretty reasonable expectation.

Pruitt isn’t quite there yet, but he’s on to a helluva good start.

Reactions: jtdavis
To all you numb nuts who thinks Pruitt needs to go, was he the one that caused the busted coverage with 13 seconds left to go. I will say Chaney got way to predictable down the stretch with the off tackle run. JG needs to be benched

The OC got predictable because JG is blind.....

Our last 3 head coaches have been:

Derek Dooley
Butch Jones
Jeremy Pruitt

No other major program would have hired these guys.

Even South Carolina was smart enough to go after Muschamp. Muschamp has a 7-0 record against Tennessee as head coach.

Would you be happy with muschamp if he had the same record here as he does at South Carolina?

If I was UTAD, I would hire Urban Meyer as a consultant. Evaluate the program and discuss progress and options for improvement. The advantages would be to unify everyone that we’re on the same page, know the weaknesses and addressing them, and create support and stability in the fan base.

Firing Pruitt when we know it’s a 4-5 year project is just ignorant.

The entirety of Urban's assessment report: "Recruit more murderers"

VN Store

Back