Fire Pruitt tonight

You don't fire Pruitt right now. Its asinine to say that

You fire everyone and concentrate all your efforts on basketball and baseball. Rowing and Bass fishing too

But just put the Football team out of its misery. The Bad News Vols are killing us all, slowly

We are going to be a tough team by the end of the year. If we don't have any major injuries, I could see us winning the last 4 or 5 games on our schedule.

I liked what I saw for the majority of the night. Just had a bad bust that bit us at the end of the game. WE ARE A YOUNG TEAM THAT DOESN"T KNOW HOW TO WIN OR CLOSE OUT GAMES. We will get better as we tighten up our assignments and alignments.

Be patient and let Pruitt do what we hired him to do.

We just plain suck. I love the Vols. We got beat in every aspect of the last 2 games. It hurts!! Our QB doesn’t suck he just isn’t the right one for us. He has heart. I’m not sure we should fahr Pruitt. We are so bad on so many levels I don’t know what the right course of action is.

For all of you calling for Pruitt to be canned, who on earth do you think would come coach this dumpster fire knowing they’ll have 14 games to turn it around or they’re gone? Lol
Exactly, At this point you have to let him do what he can. The only thing good I can say is the team did not quit tonight like last week. But these jr's and Sr's have no business being in the SEC with the exception of Jennings the team did not do much. Jennings catch to save that QB's bacon was nice. I refuse to even name him he needs to be sat and the QB job be rotated until on of the young kids sticks.

We are going to be a tough team by the end of the year. If we don't have any major injuries, I could see us winning the last 4 or 5 games on our schedule.

I liked what I saw for the majority of the night. Just had a bad bust that bit us at the end of the game. WE ARE A YOUNG TEAM THAT DOESN"T KNOW HOW TO WIN OR CLOSE OUT GAMES. We will get better as we tighten up our assignments and alignments.

Be patient and let Pruitt do what we hired him to do.

You HAVE to be trolling.

We don't win more than 2 games AT MOST this year. I highly doubt we do that tbh.

Why did Taylor blow it ? Because the d—n coaches did not emphasize enough you do not let someone get behind you when they are driving at the end of the game. If Vols only win one or two games this year which is highly likely, Pruitt will not survive until year 3 regardless of his buyout.

I'm not a coach like you but seemed like he took the play off to me. I think we should have kicked the fg in the first half. But Taylor did everything wrong possible on the 64 harder with the game on the line. Not something we expect from him. Probably should have got the Freshman a series or two tonight if for no other reason than to show JG. I was a senior in high school in 88 really glad we didn't fire coach Majors when we were 0-6. He went 11-1 the next year. If you don't have the sack to see a rebuild through then hey that's on you. 14 games in to fire a coach sets this rebuild back another 4 years.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Okay all you D.F. ….(Dumb ****s in case you didn't know what it stood for) I read probably the first 20 messages and jumped straight to the comment section. You are the fans that put us in this situation. Who in the world would want to coach at Tennessee knowing after 2 seasons playing with players from the previous staff is held to such a standard. Yes Dooley did okay, he had players....he was playing with Fulmer's team and a lot of studs that Kiffin brought in with spectacular recruiting. Jones came in and had a lot of talent and brought in talent that wasn't used and wasn't developed. Pruitt is working with crap that he inherited. Best player he inherited was kicked off the team prior to him getting there. Shows you the judgment of the previous staff. Give him a chance, if not shut your mouth. No coach will come to Tennessee if they know they are expected to win the SEC in 3 years of getting the job. Saban inherited studs at Bama and it still took him 3 years to win the SEC.
Hey DF this ain’t the fans fault. Get off your high horse.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2 and EZE
You cant hold their hands on the field.

I would be more forgiving if it were year 1. They’ve had all year to learn how to play fundamental defense. As of tonight, they still don’t know how to line up, make an open field tackle, and not get burnt deep when the offense’s only option is to throw deep. Who is responsible for this?

You can't fire him. But if you can't see that this team has regressed from season 1 to season 2, I really think you're letting your fandom blind you.

Reactions: Rockyjr
I would be more forgiving if it were year 1. They’ve had all year to learn how to play fundamental defense. As of tonight, they still don’t know how to line up, make an open field tackle, and not get burnt deep when the offense’s only option is to throw deep. Who is responsible for this?

They have up 1 Td and that was on a short field.

The play at end of regulation is learned in HS. They botched it.

Reactions: Slyman35
To all you numb nuts who thinks Pruitt needs to go, was he the one that caused the busted coverage with 13 seconds left to go. I will say Chaney got way to predictable down the stretch with the off tackle run. JG needs to be benched
How many times did we go for it on fourth down and in field goal range? Who made those calls?

You HAVE to be trolling.

We don't win more than 2 games AT MOST this year. I highly doubt we do that tbh.

You didn't see plenty to like tonight? OL played very well. Our QB is what he is and hopefully one of our backups wins the spot sooner rather than later. Defense played the run well most of the night, contained a mobile QB, but they still had some missed alignments and assignments that killed us at the end. It is what it is.

It isn't near as bad as some of you want it to be.

Okay all you D.F. ….(Dumb ****s in case you didn't know what it stood for) I read probably the first 20 messages and jumped straight to the comment section. You are the fans that put us in this situation. Who in the world would want to coach at Tennessee knowing after 2 seasons playing with players from the previous staff is held to such a standard. Yes Dooley did okay, he had players....he was playing with Fulmer's team and a lot of studs that Kiffin brought in with spectacular recruiting. Jones came in and had a lot of talent and brought in talent that wasn't used and wasn't developed. Pruitt is working with crap that he inherited. Best player he inherited was kicked off the team prior to him getting there. Shows you the judgment of the previous staff. Give him a chance, if not shut your mouth. No coach will come to Tennessee if they know they are expected to win the SEC in 3 years of getting the job. Saban inherited studs at Bama and it still took him 3 years to win the SEC.
Although I don't disagree with your conclusion that Pruitt needs more time, I would never give you a like or anything else. Your condescending and combative, nasty attitude would keep me from that. Do you really think your post and observations are in any way original around here with your 60 posts? Lot of guys on this blog that are a lot smarter than you or me. Lay off the Jack.

For all of you calling for Pruitt to be canned, who on earth do you think would come coach this dumpster fire knowing they’ll have 14 games to turn it around or they’re gone? Lol

Johnny Majors still has a pulse. Give him a walker and a bottle of bourbon and let him coach. He would do it for free! 84 is the new 60.

VN Store

Back