Finebaum Clarified the Freeze “Blackball”

Nasavol

He stated Sankey had told him personally that Hugh Freeze could be hired inside the SEC, that he (Sankey) did not dictate to schools who they could hire. Went on to say that during Ole Miss‘s 2 year Bowl ban that he DID tell Universities that it was bad optics to bring Freeze into a place that was bowl eligible while the school he left was not eligible.

If you think this is incorrect, take it up with Pawl.

Last edited:
He stated Sankey had told him personally that Hugh Freeze could be hired inside the SEC, that he (Sankey) did not dictate to schools who they could hire. Went on to say that during Ole Miss‘s 2 year Bowl ban that he DID tell Universitit’s that it was bad optics to bring Freeze into a place that was bowl eligible while the school he left was not eligible.

I’ll take Universe Tits for a $1000
D20F2D12-ACF3-40EE-8758-5348B4B9F25A.gif

He stated Sankey had told him personally that Hugh Freeze could be hired inside the SEC, that he (Sankey) did not dictate to schools who they could hire. Went on to say that during Ole Miss‘s 2 year Bowl ban that he DID tell Universitit’s that it was bad optics to bring Freeze into a place that was bowl eligible while the school he left was not eligible.

What if he comes to a school that is not bowl eligible? Say for example...us, if we implement our own bowl ban?

Well that’s better news than what we heard before. The whole Freeze crowd here is going to go ballistic. The problem is Fulmer is not a fan of Freeze. As one insider stated here a few weeks ago, if Freeze comes here it means that Fulmer is let go.

He stated Sankey had told him personally that Hugh Freeze could be hired inside the SEC, that he (Sankey) did not dictate to schools who they could hire. Went on to say that during Ole Miss‘s 2 year Bowl ban that he DID tell Universities that it was bad optics to bring Freeze into a place that was bowl eligible while the school he left was not eligible.

This is true. I read all this two years ago when Saban and Pruitt both were wanted to hire him for OC. Sankey told them he didn't want Freeze in the SEC while.Ole Miss was still on probation because of Freeze. Ole Miss came off of probation this year.. Can't remember who wrote the article but it was a legit sports writer..

Edit: Evidently at the time Phil was ok with Freeze as OC.....

This is true. I read all this two years ago when Saban and Pruitt both were wanted to hire him for OC. Sankey told them he didn't want Freeze in the SEC while.Ole Miss was still on probation because of Freeze. Ole Miss came off of probation this year.. Can't remember who wrote the article but it was a legit sports writer..

Edit: Evidently at the time Phil was ok with Freeze as OC.....
Deerpark12 posted this a few weeks ago. I believe he also stated no Sec team would still hire Freeze.

I appreciate the plain talking. Not that I was boring everybody by posting imaginary facts about it over and over. I was just wondering what the real deal was.

Not putting it on you. Just think he's not clear on what he's saying. He raked me over the coals for saying there is no SEC barrier, and is apparently wrong.

He seemed convinced that the phrase "consult with" meant something completely different when used in the SEC bylaws, than it does in every other iteration of the phrase.

And then they turned around and said Freeze would not be approved for Tennessee.

If he’s clear then by all means he should be available to every school. The league shouldn’t pick and choose

And then they turned around and said Freeze would not be approved for Tennessee.

If he’s clear then by all means he should be available to every school. The league shouldn’t pick and choose
Who said he would not be approved?

VN Store

Back