FINALLY feel like football program is on the cusp…

But you know eventually Heupel has to beat one of the big 3 in that time or he will be gone.
I think he’ll beat FL. As for UGA and Bama, he’ll need to pull in top 5 recruiting classes to get it done. If he atleast gets TN to close games with those 2 in that time then keep him. We’ll see.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Hold up. I, for one, was never "giddy" about cornbread. I don't know anyone who was. Sure, some had hopes he could bring with him the Saban magic, but that's about all. It's revisionist history to say the fan base was excited about him.
Clearly you don't spend much time in the RF, they were out of lotion over there on multiple occasions.

You see 5-6 losses on next year's schedule? Wow..........

I think ppl are trying to keep expectations tempered which we should tread slowly.
We were 7-6 last year, if our games had fallen like 1998 where it seemed all 50/50 calls and plays went our way. We would have beat OM & Pitt & Purdue for a 10-3 record so we are not far off. Of course, on the other side, we did have a 7-6 record and could have lost to Kentucky and finished 6-7, so we are close but some bad momentum could make things stagnant.

I don’t let myself do this anymore. Tennessee football has let me down too many times in the past 15 years. If we do better than .500, that’s a success every year for me.
Exactly. The fans should be ecstatic over a 9-4 season considering we haven’t won 10 games since 2007 and haven’t finished a season ranked in the top 10 since 2001. And since 2005 we have had 8 losing seasons. This program has been awful for awhile now 8 or 9 wins is a outstanding season for UT football now.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
I think we are on the cusp of no longer being a laughing stock of a football program anymore, i.e., truly putting the nightmare of 2010-20 behind us. We are probably 3-4 years away, minimum from seriously competing for championships.
cusp: a point of transition between two different states:

You're basically trying to make a distinction without meaning, amigo. OP never said we're ready to compete for championships.

I feel like we are a 8-5 to 9-4 program for the foreseeable future I know some fans don’t want to hear this but I really don’t see us winning the East or SEC anytime soon. I’m just hoping that Heup brings us some stability at least to the program. I would be happy with 4 straight winning seasons of 8-5 or 9-4 right now. I think most of us on here would creme our pants if we went 10-3

Forgive me if I'm tired of this being said and I get my hopes up to being disappointed. I'm not going anywhere but I'll be hyped for it when it actually happens.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Forgive me if I'm tired of this being said and I get my hopes up to being disappointed. I'm not going anywhere but I'll be hyped for it when it actually happens.
The last 12 plus years of UT football will do that to you.

Man we hope so. I remember we were all giddy about cornbread tooo.
I never thought we were close under Pruitt but Butch definitely teased us with signs of improvement in 2015. We went 9-4 while also having a 4th quarter lead in every loss but Arkansas... and blew out Northwestern 45-6 in the bowl game.

It was fool's gold. I'm gonna need more convincing this time.

As a Tennessee fan, you'll be disappointed every game we lose, no matter how much or how little you let your excitement and enthusiasm roam free before the season.

In other words, there is no cost for being positive. None whatsoever. You are pre-emptively denying yourself some happiness, with no payout later. It's not like a checking account; no one is setting up debts owed just because you're happier than the guy next to you.

Common fallacy.

Let loose! Go Vols!

Reactions: Orange_Crush

VN Store

Back