Final two passes

The catches were fantastic. But how Hooker got that last pass to Bru was just as amazing. He had to step up into the pocket and looked like he was running into his own O lineman.

Bryce Young arguably had better stats, and the game hinged on both QBs, but Hooker did the seemingly impossible in moving us into FG range. He had to be perfect and he was.

The catches were fantastic. But how Hooker got that last pass to Bru was just as amazing. He had to step up into the pocket and looked like he was running into his own O lineman.

Bryce Young arguably had better stats, and the game hinged on both QBs, but Hooker did the seemingly impossible in moving us into FG range. He had to be perfect and he was.

Young definitely showed why he is a Heisman. He was harassed all night, but escaped and made plays.

However in NO way did Young have better stats than Hooker.

Passing yardage…..sure 455 to Hookers 385.

However Young needed 52 attempts to get those yards. If Hooker had thrown the ball 52 times…….he would have gained 667 yards…….yes 667. *edit* actually 680 yards because of the % difference.

Hooker had 12.83 yards per attempt. Young had 8.75 yards per attempt.

Hooker had 18.33 yards per completion. Young had 13 yards per completion.

Hooker completed 70% of his passes. Young completed 67.3%.

Hooker ran for 56 yards. Young ran for -4 yards.

Hooker had 441 total yards on 44 plays at 10 yards per play. Young had 451 yards on 56 plays at 8 yards per play.

Hooker had 5 TD’s and 1 int with a rating of 94.3
Young had 2 TD’s no int’s with a rating of 89.4

Young was good, he made plays despite his protection.

However Hooker was DOMINANT!

Last edited:
Young definitely showed why he is a Heisman. He was harassed all night, but escaped and made plays.

However in NO way did Young have better stats than Hooker.

Passing yardage…..sure 455 to Hookers 385.

However Young needed 52 attempts to get those yards. If Hooker had thrown the ball 52 times…….he would have gained 667 yards…….yes 667.

Hooker had 12.83 yards per attempt. Young had 8.75 yards per attempt.

Hooker had 18.33 yards per completion. Young had 13 yards per completion.

Hooker completed 70% of his passes. Young completed 67.3%.

Hooker ran for 56 yards. Young ran for -4 yards.

Hooker had 441 total yards on 44 plays at 10 yards per play. Young had 451 yards on 56 plays at 8 yards per play.

Hooker had 5 TD’s and 1 int with a rating of 94.3
Young had 2 TD’s no int’s with a rating of 89.4

Young was good, he made plays despite his protection.

However Hooker was DOMINANT!

You're right.

I was looking mainly at passing yards, which is an easy stat to "over-read"

But you're right.

Awesome lazar beam passes but better catches.

Oddly, I was very relaxed about it. Which isn’t my norm. After Bama missed the kick, I felt like we were going to win before OT.
Same here. I texted my brother right before they missed the fg and said "if we can make them punt, we'll win because we can score".

It's amazing how much confidence I have that we can and will score.

It’s such a weird feeling to have total confidence in one side of the ball to get the job done no matter what.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I had more confidence in Hooker getting us down the field than I did in McGrath making the FG. Glad he proved me wrong.

It’s such a weird feeling to have total confidence in one side of the ball to get the job done no matter what.
College version of the late 70s-early 80s Chargers offense or the 1970s Dallas Cowboys offense. This team also reminds me of late 1970s-mid 1980s BYU teams with Marc Wilson,Jim McMahon,Steve Young and Robbie Bosco.

We did the same thing to KY last year before the half—I felt pretty confident we had a shot with the field position after the missed FG. Poise—-my word for this team. They have it for days.

This! When I saw :15 left on the clock, I told my dad to look out, because we now have a HC who is as aggressive as any coach in the country. I knew HCJH would not quietly settle for OT.

And like others, for some strange reason, I never felt like we were going to lose this game…even after the fumble.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
When I saw the two little dashes for two timeouts, I knew it was over. Also made me wonder more how Saban let us get the ball back with any time and/or timeouts left.

Back to the bama fg miss.....when it left his foot it appeared it was going to draw left but it magically faded just right of the right post.
At the very end it looked like it was almost trying to work back to the left again. Kinda like a triple-breaking putt....

I had more confidence in Hooker getting us down the field than I did in McGrath making the FG. Glad he proved me wrong.

I had confidence in McGrath, but I agree that I thought it was just as good of a chance Hooker and company get 6. Not b/c I didn't believe in McGrath, but because of how much I believe that Bama secondary is complete and utter trash. Just typing that makes me sad because I am worried, I will offend my trash.

VN Store

Back