Final thoughts on the Ole Miss game.

Volnanza

I had to listen to the game on the radio so I couldn't see what was really going on. I only had blobs narration of the game. When Corral went down in the second half, it sounded like he had been knocked out cold. He apparently was walking on spaghetti legs going off the field. Then Kiffin took a TO so that he could bypass the rules put in place to protect players from severe head injuries and get him back out there with no medical review. I was floored by this. Here is a guy that is the front runner for the hypesman and the reason the why they are not a 4 or 5 loss team and his coach is rolling the dice on his future. This is a huge indication that Kiffin has no regard for his players health, or their futures. Folks, I'm not a shrink but I think that is classic behavior of a sociopath. All Kiffin cared about was getting him on the field on the next play no matter what the cost. I guessing that he was pissed when the refs intervened.

Actually, this could be an effective recruiting tool against them. When mom and dad see that he will just use their sons as cannon fodder to get what he wants, most will say 'no thank you'. I'm also really glad the SOB is not our coach. What a douche bag. The best thing is people like this almost almost always get their comeuppance in the future. I will be glad when he is gone from the SEC.

(Oh, I bet he had that golf ball in his pocket before the game. Sociopaths are not stupid and they try to plan things well in advance.)

Reactions: camp_steveo
Looked like Corral got his leg rolled up and was limping a bit. Ole Miss had to sub him out since the refs had called an injury timeout. Corral wanted to go back in but had to sit out 1 play. Kiffin (mistakingly) thought that if he called a timeout, Corral would be in on the next play.

Kiffin has his issues. This isn't one of them. Heck, one could argue under similar logic Heupel should have removed Hooker when he first started limping.

I had to listen to the game on the radio so I couldn't see what was really going on. I only had blobs narration of the game. When Corral went down in the second half, it sounded like he had been knocked out cold. He apparently was walking on spaghetti legs going off the field. Then Kiffin took a TO so that he could bypass the rules put in place to protect players from severe head injuries and get him back out there with no medical review. I was floored by this. Here is a guy that is the front runner for the hypesman and the reason the why they are not a 4 or 5 loss team and his coach is rolling the dice on his future. This is a huge indication that Kiffin has no regard for his players health, or their futures. Folks, I'm not a shrink but I think that is classic behavior of a sociopath. All Kiffin cared about was getting him on the field on the next play no matter what the cost. I guessing that he was pissed when the refs intervened.

Actually, this could be an effective recruiting tool against them. When mom and dad see that he will just use their sons as cannon fodder to get what he wants, most will say 'no thank you'. I'm also really glad the SOB is not our coach. What a douche bag. The best thing is people like this almost almost always get their comeuppance in the future. I will be glad when he is gone from the SEC.

(Oh, I bet he had that golf ball in his pocket before the game. Sociopaths are not stupid and they try to plan things well in advance.)
Well you probably should've gone back and watched it before writing a psychological breakdown of Kiffin and his true motives. He got banged up and hurt his leg getting tackled from behind in a bit of an awkward way. He seemed a bit woozy at first just because I think he was worn down and hurting from his leg, but he was fine. Coaches do that all the time when it comes to taking a time out to get your best player back in the game if it's a crucial down like that was. I can't stand Kiffin myself, but he didn't do anything wrong here. Corral wanted back in the game as any real competitor would.

Well you probably should've gone back and watched it before writing a psychological breakdown of Kiffin and his true motives. He got banged up and hurt his leg getting tackled from behind in a bit of an awkward way. He seemed a bit woozy at first just because I think he was worn down and hurting from his leg, but he was fine. Coaches do that all the time when it comes to taking a time out to get your best player back in the game if it's a crucial down like that was. I can't stand Kiffin myself, but he didn't do anything wrong here. Corral wanted back in the game as any real competitor would.

Forget it man. We got some fans here who MUST find something or someone to hate and bring it up repeatedly. To be fair, that 'tude is a society-wide reality these days. Don't you dare suggest something resembling an alternate perspective, cause people just:
threenager-refuses-to-listen.jpg

Ive waited 10 days,, so here goes.
My fathers best friends while at UT were Doug Atkins and Tom Jumper. both players for Neyland. I went to my first game in 1971, I was 9.
Neyland is Hallowed Ground in my family as it is truly one of the dozen or so true "Cathedrals" of College football.
Legends have played on that treasured spot, Names like Majors, Atkins, Holloway, Harper, Manning, Martin, Dobbs, Reggie White, Al Wilson, and on and on and on.
So how dare I or anyone throw trash on her!!?? She is a grand lady worthy of the respect she has earned and to see people throwing trash on her makes my blood boil.

My fathers best friends while at UT were Doug Atkins and Tom Jumper. both players for Neyland. I went to my first game in 1971, I was 9.
Neyland is Hallowed Ground in my family as it is truly one of the dozen or so true "Cathedrals" of College football.
Legends have played on that treasured spot, Names like Majors, Atkins, Holloway, Harper, Manning, Martin, Dobbs, Reggie White, Al Wilson, and on and on and on.
So how dare I or anyone throw trash on her!!?? She is a grand lady worthy of the respect she has earned and to see people throwing trash on her makes my blood boil.

Guess you didn’t see all the stuff getting thrown in the 70’s and 80’s. It’s not pretty but it happens sometimes.

Wow. Pretty sure the game is available to watch.

Guess you didn’t see all the stuff getting thrown in the 70’s and 80’s. It’s not pretty but it happens sometimes.

I did see it, however, whataboutism is NEVER a defense in my view.. Each act stands on its own

Since the OP has no merit, what are some of the other stadiums you would consider as a Cathedral to college football?

I would pick (but mostly just from seeing on TV):
Notre Dame Stadium
The Big House
The Coliseum
The Rose Bowl
Neyland
... some drop off here
LSU Stadium
Penn St?
Ohio St?
Washington?
Colorado?

I don’t know. I like when a fits into its location, like Neyland on the river. I don’t like a stadium just sticking up in the middle of a bunch of parking lots. I haven’t seen a ton of stadiums in person. What else do y’all have?

Since the OP has no merit, what are some of the other stadiums you would consider as a Cathedral to college football?

I would pick (but mostly just from seeing on TV):
Notre Dame Stadium
The Big House
The Coliseum
The Rose Bowl
Neyland
... some drop off here
LSU Stadium
Penn St?
Ohio St?
Washington?
Colorado?

I don’t know. I like when a fits into its location, like Neyland on the river. I don’t like a stadium just sticking up in the middle of a bunch of parking lots. I haven’t seen a ton of stadiums in person. What else do y’all have?

I wouldn’t call it a cathedral, but Keenan Stadium in Chapel Hill looks like it was dropped in the middle of a nature preserve. It’s rare to see that much green space around a football stadium…very nice setting.

they studied dead bodies for a time under it...

Ole Miss will be what they are. When their savior jumps ship they will continue to be the joke of the west.

VN Store

Back