Final Shot: Bowden or Turner

Willy14

Interested to see opinions on this, if we are in a situation where we need a final basket would you rather the ball be in Turner's hands or Bowden's? We have always had a go-to guy in these situations and I'm curious who that will be this year which im assuming it will be one of these two.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I like Turner In this case on a kick out from Bowden in the corner yo the nail the J to win over Kansas in the title game 70-67!

🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

I would think based on past times the consensus pick would be Turner but maybe not. Bowden's personality doesn't seem to be the type that relishes the ball with a last shot and Turner's does. But I could be totally wrong here.

Reactions: Willy14
Who was the white kid a few years back that would bang threes because they always played off him?

Interested to see opinions on this, if we are in a situation where we need a final basket would you rather the ball be in Turner's hands or Bowden's? We have always had a go-to guy in these situations and I'm curious who that will be this year which im assuming it will be one of these two.
No doubt what so ever. Iceman Turner.Dude has brass balls and ice water running in his veins.

You put the ball in Turner's hands regardless, if it ends up in Bowden's hands on a kick out, then you'll live with the result either way.

Turner.

I still feel as if he’s still underrated on this team.

This question is too easy.

I really hope Bowden can develop into that guy. Way too inconsistent and too passive to an extent to even entertain the choice at this time.
I agree, also maybe it is just me, but Bowden has not been the guy to create his own shot. Turner has done that a lot in the past. Bowden is usually coming off curls and pulling a mid-range shot or a catch and shoot three-pointer. Hopefully, he can drive and create his shot a lot more this year. We will need him to.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
I agree, also maybe it is just me, but Bowden has not been the guy to create his own shot. Turner has done that a lot in the past. Bowden is usually coming off curls and pulling a mid-range shot or a catch and shoot three-pointer. Hopefully, he can drive and create his shot a lot more this year. We will need him to.
Well, you do have a good point that I didn't consider in my first post: Bowden is much more effective and consistent in set plays. Does that mean he has the confidence in the waning seconds of the game? I don't know. We definitely know that much about Turner.

I don't recall Bowden ever taking one. I can think of at least 2 that Turner has taken.

If it's early in the regular season, then I'd like Bowden to take it for the experience. If it's in a post season tournament and Bowden hasn't had his number called all year, then Turner needs to take the shot. But I'd go with Bowden in the post season if it's not his first rodeo.

Reactions: iVolSoHard

Toss up: Ike Turner has one hell of a Beeotch slap but Bobby Bowden has more Rings and Bling!

If a game against KY comes down to the final minute, they’ll probably cover Turner up with two people, so pass it to Bowden.

Turner: He has demonstrated the desire to shoot when needed, & the attitude to take on the last shot challenge. Bowden needs be trained to be more aggressive in every practice
to transform into that type player. Off court, he can go back into his normal self.

VN Store

Back