Final Four run

i don't see a final 4 in out future. The basketball schools are getting stronger which means non-basketball schools are getting weaker. Its not like football, there are only 60 or 70 top athletes each year and the basketball schools get 95% of them. Hard to grab a blue chip player nowadays.

George Mason, Wichita State, Butler, VCU and South Carolina all disagree.

Thanks for the info. I must say I am proud that I got 14/18 (77.8%) right without using any outside predictors/rankings.

With my original prediction, I still think we win 10+ games. I'd say I expect 11.

That’s much more realistic than 13 imo

All this talk about SeC games, we better not overlook Saturday. HUge one

These next 2 games are big...cant lose tomorrow night, if you are going to drop one Saturday’s would be much better than tomorrow nights. If we win both of these next 2 games I’m gonna go ahead and pencil us into the tourney, won’t be any bubble watch threads this year, they’ll be official NCAAT seed watch threads instead.

ESPN Power Index currently projects us with a 20-10 record (11-7 SEC) with a 21.5% chance to win the conference, 4th best in the conference behind A&M (29%), Arkansas (24.5%), and Florida (22.4%).

Next closest is Auburn (13.3%), UK (11.3%), and Missouri (11%).

They must think Bama (18-13, 9-9 SEC, 5.3%), Mississippi State (20-11, 8-10 SEC, 1.4%), and LSU (15-15, 6-12 SEC, 0.1%) are fool's gold.

The Power Index also projects us as a 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

I'll take that all day

Reactions: 1 person
Just need to minimize the scoring droughts. I know our bread is buttered with running the offense through GW on the block, but I would love to see an entry to Kyle more often. And move GW around. He can always back his man down from 20 if need be. Plus I think Kyle is capable of a little more on the O side. Not sure if KA is there yet, but that would be a huge step in his and our progression.

Just need to minimize the scoring droughts. I know our bread is buttered with running the offense through GW on the block, but I would love to see an entry to Kyle more often. And move GW around. He can always back his man down from 20 if need be. Plus I think Kyle is capable of a little more on the O side. Not sure if KA is there yet, but that would be a huge step in his and our progression.

I've been thinking the same about Kyle...he looks to be ready for a slightly larger role in our offense. Putting him low and Grant high opens up a world of possibilities. :good!:

I've been thinking the same about Kyle...he looks to be ready for a slightly larger role in our offense. Putting him low and Grant high opens up a world of possibilities. :good!:

Our offense just needs some kind of variety. And KA confidence seems to grow every game.

Our offense just needs some kind of variety. And KA confidence seems to grow every game.

I'd say his confidence took a hit last game. He was just plain awful after a hot start. Hell he clearly was mind F'd when he ran the baseline after a dead ball.

I'd say his confidence took a hit last game. He was just plain awful after a hot start. Hell he clearly was mind F'd when he ran the baseline after a dead ball.

Same brain fart happened early in the game too. He threw the ball away after a nice block and clear. But defenders are not going to be doubling him on the block, like Williams.

He just makes the most sense to me. He’s evolved defensively, if he could take that step offensively it would be huge.

Same brain fart happened early in the game too. He threw the ball away after a nice block and clear. But defenders are not going to be doubling him on the block, like Williams.

He just makes the most sense to me. He’s evolved defensively, if he could take that step offensively it would be huge.

Oh I am pleased with him but his play was really bad Sunday

He had some bad moments but he did have 5 pts, 4 boards and 3 blocks in 19 minutes. Not sure if he had foul trouble or not, but those are decent numbers for 19 minutes.

Looking at the box score, 3 of his 4 rebounds were on offense. As great as those are nothing pisses a coach off more than giving up defensive rebounds. lol I’m betting that’s a big reason he didn’t see more minutes.

He had some bad moments but he did have 5 pts, 4 boards and 3 blocks in 19 minutes. Not sure if he had foul trouble or not, but those are decent numbers for 19 minutes.

No foul trouble but nearly all of those numbers came in the first 5 min of the game

Looking at the box score, 3 of his 4 rebounds were on offense. As great as those are nothing pisses a coach off more than giving up defensive rebounds. lol I’m betting that’s a big reason he didn’t see more minutes.

He had his ankles broken on a crossover at the top of the key and then he didn't hustle back on defense another time. Those two plays got him yanked imo

He had his ankles broken on a crossover at the top of the key and then he didn't hustle back on defense another time. Those two plays got him yanked imo

Yeah I unfortunately remember that sequence. If the bench were producing like they have all yr, I would get sitting him. But we were struggling to find a bucket. And 3 boards early would suggest a possible garbage bucket.

He did get 19 and that’s probably close to his average. But he got 25 against GT, so he has the legs for more if the production is there.

I think if TN makes it to the tourney and then doesn't lose until the final 4, they have a pretty good shot at making the final 4. However, if they lose in the tourney before they reach the final 4, I don't think they make the final 4. Just my opinion.

Yeah I unfortunately remember that sequence. If the bench were producing like they have all yr, I would get sitting him. But we were struggling to find a bucket. And 3 boards early would suggest a possible garbage bucket.

I agree with Pancratz when he was on yesterday saying that coaches don't need to waiver from their principles, especially when it is something that has been harped on over and over.

I think if TN makes it to the tourney and then doesn't lose until the final 4, they have a pretty good shot at making the final 4. However, if they lose in the tourney before they reach the final 4, I don't think they make the final 4. Just my opinion.

Hell, they're struggling with Furman.

VN Store

Back