Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) Coming March 2020.

Demo was fun but they need to tidy some things up. Battle system felt a bit chaotic and hack’n’slash to me. Cameras got annoying too.

I was disappointed in the “classic” mode where you could supposedly switch the game back to turn based. I didn’t really gather much of a difference from normal mode, still a lot of button mashing. I was hoping for a good old fashioned square up turn-based mode.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked the demo, but I’m not convinced it can capture the magic of the original. I hope I’m wrong.

Installing now. Had some issues finding a physical copy as I didn’t preorder. Let’s see if it’s worth the ruckus.

At chapter 6 now. So far I like how much more detail they added to the story. The assess materia might as well be a cheat code with how much it helps in battle.

Reactions: Jack Burton
At chapter 6 now. So far I like how much more detail they added to the story. The assess materia might as well be a cheat code with how much it helps in battle.

I suppose gamers don’t have the patience they had 20+ years ago to just take time and figure things out through trial and error. The internet is always there to assist though I thought there was Materia in the original game that helped with identifying weaknesses? Too lazy to look it up.

I’m loving this game (10 chapters in), but man the whole cross-dress chapter was cringe-worthy. It definitely screamed “Look how progressive we are!”

Considering how much they hone in on Cloud’s quiet, mysterious personality in this remake, him getting up on stage and doing a homosexual dance number didn’t fit the mold at all. I’m glad that chapter is over. You made your statement Square Enix, now I’m ready to get back to the game.

And yes I remember this from the original. It was worth a chuckle in the original, this time I just wanted it to be over.

Last edited:
Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back