Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) Coming March 2020.

Here's another demo. Looks like you recover MP in the field by destroying crates with Mako Crystals in them. I really hope this demo is made available to the public soon!

Damn, my PS5 launch lineup is going to be insane!

FF7 Remake
Death Stranding
The Last of Us Part 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Ghost of Tsushima

Im holding off on all of these to play on PS5! And that's not even including what the actual PS5 specific launch games will be!

Damn, my PS5 launch lineup is going to be insane!

FF7 Remake
Death Stranding
The Last of Us Part 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Ghost of Tsushima

Im holding off on all of these to play on PS5! And that's not even including what the actual PS5 specific launch games will be!

Why wait to play FFVII Remake on PS5?

Reactions: mrmax86
I can't remember which pod (This American Life or Reply All, probably) recently had a segment on superfans of the original game. I never played it but I guess a popular character dies and these superfans were legitimately traumatized by it. After all these years they would start crying talking about it. It was pretty interesting because they were able to kind of normalize the absurdity of it.

I can't remember which pod (This American Life or Reply All, probably) recently had a segment on superfans of the original game. I never played it but I guess a popular character dies and these superfans were legitimately traumatized by it. After all these years they would start crying talking about it.. It was pretty interesting because they were able to kind of normalize the absurdity of it.

Oh FFS. How emotionally fragile can you be?

I've seen Lonesome Dove 50x and I still sort of tear up every time

Gus and Call have their last talk. It's also hard to watch them hang Jake.
I totally get it when you're watching REAL PEOPLE act on screen. But blocky polygonal characters while reading text? Good Lord, get ahold of yourself.

I totally get it when you're watching REAL PEOPLE act on screen. But blocky polygonal characters while reading text? Good Lord, get ahold of yourself.

I don't get crying when you talk about it, but in both cases it's pretend and I don't see it as any different. I mean, if you cry reading a book, it's just letters. It's the message/sentiment, not the medium.

I don't get crying when you talk about it, but in both cases it's pretend and I don't see it as any different. I mean, if you cry reading a book, it's just letters. It's the message/sentiment, not the medium.
Because I can at least relate when its actual human beings on screen. There's a connection because they're real people and I'm a real person. I can empathize. But a video game? Especially one that came out 22 years ago when game characters had no dialogue, couldn't emote, and looked roughly like Minecraft characters? Sorry but even in my wildest suspension of disbelief I dont see how that would move anyone to tears then, let alone 22 years later. That reeks of attention-seeking behavior or someone completely devoid of a whole lot of life experience. Or I could just be a cynical a$$hole LOL!

With books, it depends. Are you reading about real life experiences? If so, I can definitely understand people having an emotional connection. Less so for me if its fiction but at least you can imagine real people in your mind.

Last edited:
Here's an extended version of the demos from 10 or so posts back, played by Kitase. Shows a bit more content.

Because I can at least relate when its actual human beings on screen. There's a connection because they're real people and I'm a real person. I can empathize. But a video game? Especially one that came out 22 years ago when game characters had no dialogue, couldn't emote, and looked roughly like Minecraft characters? Sorry but even in my wildest suspension of disbelief I dont see how that would move anyone to tears then, let alone 22 years later. That reeks of attention-seeking behavior or someone completely devoid of a whole lot of life experience. Or I could just be a cynical a$$hole LOL!

With books, it depends. Are you reading about real life experiences? If so, I can definitely understand people having an emotional connection. Less so for me if its fiction but at least you can imagine real people in your mind.

You severely underestimate the story telling ability of some people.

I'm betting we'll see a teaser of the next episode at the end of this game. It's surely in the works and I would imagine they have completed enough of it to show a quick glimpse of the world beyond Midgar to get everyone hyped for the next release.

VN Store

Back