Final AP Top 25

I saw this story on ESPN "way too early pre-season rankings" that has Tennessee at 25. It's not really deserved until we get a win over somebody worth a crap imo. Way-Too-Early Top 25: Where do LSU, Clemson land?
No to mention this guy didn't do his research, he's showing Kennedy as a key loss.

I'm so sick of the A&M hype, every year same BS and they stumble down the stretch to 7-5

I'm just wondering how Texas is ranked they beat a good tram sure but they didn't care to be there

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 54, Florida Atlantic 46, Washington 39, Virginia 28, USC 16, San Diego State 13, Arizona State 12, SMU 10, Tennessee 8, California 6, Kentucky 2, Louisiana 2, Kansas State 2, Louisiana Tech 2, North Dakota State 2

I know the cupboard is full, but Bama, LSU, UGA, Oregon, and Oklahoma all break in new QB's.

OSU, Auburn, and UF (I just threw up a little)......have experience back at the most important position.

Reactions: feathersax
Vols finish 34th receiving 8 votes in the 2019 final AP poll. The Vols entered their bowl game with 0 votes in the AP.

With lots of sites already placing Tennessee in their way too early top 25 for 2020 it appears our Vols are headed in the right direction and being recognized.

Go Vols

Reactions: VolGirl1126
Line of scrimmage league. We should be much better next year because of this. Question being can the DL which played well down the stretch take another step up to compete against the 4 teams in top 10 we play. If they do with what we return on OL we will be in all 4 of those games in 4th quarter. I would predict a couple of wins but I have to see if JG or Mauer improves enough for W'S.

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 54, Florida Atlantic 46, Washington 39, Virginia 28, USC 16, San Diego State 13, Arizona State 12, SMU 10, Tennessee 8, California 6, Kentucky 2, Louisiana 2, Kansas State 2, Louisiana Tech 2, North Dakota State 2
Our 8 votes is from our 8 SEC opponents lulz

It's always painful when the posters with blinders see that the talking heads don't value the back-half success of our schedule as the triumph that some on here do. Last year is over. Ga. State and BYU no longer matter. Neither do Miss State or Indiana. What matters is the transfer portal in the last two weeks, recruiting, and minimal off season turmoil. Besides Johnson, all is good so far.

I noted that we won 6/7 of the last seasons.

Everyone here knows that but let's not forget all of the teams we beat in 2019 are teams that historically speaking we should beat as a given. It's expected. I've always believed UK, Vandy, Mizzou and SC are games we should win. Never mind the OOC cupcakes on our schedule. Yes we had a string of success but we didn't knock off a single noteworthy team in 2019. That's a fact. That's not to say we didn't make progress. It's just to point out that we did what we should have done and as much as anyone reasonably expected but really did nothing more than that.

Next season we should also handle business with UK, Vandy, Mizzou and SC as a matter of routine. We should not lose to any OOC cupcake and we should also knock off at least one of the big players Oklahoma, Alabama, UGA or UF. This would be real noteworthy progress. When we do those things we'll be worthy of cracking the top 25. Until that time we're not a legitimate top 25 team. We're the same paper tiger we were the last time we fell out of the top 25 and the rest of the country was laughing about it.

Last edited:
I know the cupboard is full, but Bama, LSU, UGA, Oregon, and Oklahoma all break in new QB's.

OSU, Auburn, and UF (I just threw up a little)......have experience back at the most important position.
I think Jones ends up starting early on. Young will be the stater by years end IMO. Baby Tua might get lucky, but I'd be surprised

VN Store

Back