Fight after the game

the QB was eating the clock out. JUst as he started to kneel he got hit ( barely) our guy tried to stop. It wasn't late and it wasnt much more than a slight push as he was trying to stop. He could have creamed him, but was obviously trying to stop. the Florida players rushed in and pushed, I saw at least two gators throw punches, one at Haddon. I didnt see haddon punch back. Did I see they called Targeting on Thomas? for that piddly push? thats BS if they did. I better see some gators sitting out next week. I know of at least 2 that threw full blown punches, with no retaliation from vols

Heupel started this mess by taking that timeout; nothing possible in 0:09 seconds.

Reactions: Credo2
Heupel started this mess by taking that timeout; nothing possible in 0:09 seconds.
So if the losing coach calls a time out to try and get a play in--that is a reason for the winning team to get all huffy. If anything its the team up by 13 calling a time out with 14 seconds to go that creates hostile feeling.

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!

If the QB didn’t want to get hit, he should’ve kneeled sooner. If you start running around, you might just get hit. Clearly the SEC didn’t think it was that bad

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!
I accidentally hit like, and totally disagree. The QB was standing trying to run the clock out, and the defender rightfully tried to tackle him. At this last split second, he goes to the knee, but there's no way for the defender to pull up by then. Just maddening that defenders are expected to just tiptoe around. It's more of the pussification of today's society.

It directly caused the melee that followed. What do you think Heupel apologized for to Napier?
Calling a timeout caused a melee?? Boy that's quite a stretch. I didn't see the postgame handshake so I have no idea about that. How do you know he apologized and, if so, specifically why?

Yes that would be the spot. But the whistle must blow to signify stop of play, otherwise the ball carrier could gain more yardage or run more clock. I'll try to find the actual rule.
As we learned from the Purdue Music City Bowl "not a touchdown" the whistle doesn't have to blow for the play to be dead.

By rule, as soon as a player starts to give themselves up, the play is over and hitting them after they start to give themselves up is unnecessary roughness.

Mertz moving toward the line of scrimmage before kneeling was either stupid or baiting, for sure, but hitting him with any force at all after he started to kneel is going to be a penalty, fair or not, on the D every single time.

The targeting portion was BS, but I think they corrected that.

Time out with 9 seconds is a Saturday morning Pop Warner move. CJH was responsible for the whole incident and should own it. Definite ASS move!

lol @ the "cheap shot"

QB had the chance to take a knee right away. Ball was snapped with 9 seconds and QB didn't attempt a knee until the 6 second mark. At the end of the day that falls on the QB. Imagine if his dumb-ss got badly injured from an OL-DL falling directly on his leg? It wouldve been entirely his fault.

The "fight" was nonexistent. Players jawing, a few guys throwing their body around. Hadden immediately got in the middle and squared up helmet to helmet on against an OLman. Comical stuff. ESPN got what they wanted out of it.

Just like I remembered it. The QB was more at fault than anyone. He saw Thomas coming at him and hit a knee at the last moment. 21 pulled off as much as he could be still bumped him.

Reactions: Redleg68
So Heupel did apologize? Inform stick
Yeah it’s on video. It was very casual. Muffled audio so couldn’t hear all of it but likely just making peace after the scrum. Napiers body language was “dude it’s cool” “No worries”. Our own fans are making a bigger deal about it than literally anyone else, which is weird

Yes there was, it was an ass move. Take off the orange glasses
It was a mistake.... not an "ass move". He apologized and that should have been the end of that between the coaches. If Napier scoffed or whatever... then that's a question about him.

The "ass move" was UF's QB dancing around rather than taking a knee right away. UT had no more TOs.

It was a mistake.... not an "ass move". He apologized and that should have been the end of that between the coaches. If Napier scoffed or whatever... then that's a question about him.

The "ass move" was UF's QB dancing around rather than taking a knee right away. UT had no more TOs.
k

VN Store

Back