Fields transferring

Butthurt? lol people transfer all the time. Ya gonna call Solomon butthurt too?

What is he "pulling"? Transferring? So we never take transfers now good lord. He's an absolutely elite qb. And it's pretty unlikely he'd transfer again, but whats the risk? 1 scholly? Well worth it. But guess we'll let OU get em all and win heismans while we sit on our high horse.

I think he is talking about the reason Fields is using to transfer, being the race card. And if we were to get him that could hurt UT. I personally do not think he is transferring because of racial slurs. I think he is transferring cause he wants to be the starter and didnt get the starting position.

The way it’s setting up, Harrison Bailey and that class will be the guys who get us back to the sec championship game. Of course combined with with 2019 epic class that is being recruited currently. When the 2019 kids are sophomores, most likely juniors, I say we are right there in contention again.

Reactions: diehardvolsfan
I've read some of the discussion in this thread. As a lawyer, I think UGA has to fight this. The message that would be sent by giving a release based on allegations of racism, not to mention the precedent, are just not something UGA can afford to let stand. If you grant the release, it's going to be perceived that Fields' was discriminated against. Everyone will use that against them and it would make it much harder to say no to anyone else who makes the same allegation.
I have to agree with you and more importantly, so does UGA. Pretty sure every program in the country is pulling for them in this case...even Oklahoma. Pandora’s Box kind of thing.

I think he is talking about the reason Fields is using to transfer, being the race card. And if we were to get him that could hurt UT. I personally do not think he is transferring because of racial slurs. I think he is transferring cause he wants to be the starter and didnt get the starting position.

Who knows, there are always contributing factors. Rarely that black and white. No one can speak for him and I can't pretend to put myself in a black person's shoes.

Don't see why it would hurt us, only UGA. Not as long as no one jumps up yelling him the n word. I mean, this was a well documented situation and some act like he's making it up. I have more faith than that in UT fans, not a bunch if backward people like down there.

I have to agree with you and more importantly, so does UGA. Pretty sure every program in the country is pulling for them in this case...even Oklahoma. Pandora’s Box kind of thing.

What's there to fight? Not up to them.

Pandora got opened when the NCAA instituted the transfer database that says once you file any school can contact you about coming over and nothing Uga says will matter. The only rub is if fields asks for a waiver with cause, and the NCAA wants to talk to Uga about it they can them spout off about why they think it's bs.
Then they run the risk of having to prove it a specially if he files a fed discrimination lawsuit. Phone records, emails, private convos, all become fair game. It certainly isn't worth it for Uga to drag him thru the mud cause he's gone either way. The NCAA is the one that gets to decide whether he plays in 2019 or not. The same reason insurance companys pay slip and fall grannys or minor rear end collisions to just go away it's prob not worth it to them to prove what happened. You can't put feelings on trial... and once again I don't agree with it I just think he will play in 2019 somewhere.

Reactions: Devo182
I think the one-year is up to them. Is that not still the school's call unless you transfer to a lower level of competition?

Not as of October this year. Schools have no say. Just gotta throw the kid in the portal.

Or do you mean the one-year residency waiver? That is the an NCAA committee's call. Committee of legislative relief.

Good for him, wouldnt feel safe at that racist ass school either. The "deep south" never changed.
Now you've just gone off the deep end stupid so anything else you say has zero merit. You're argument here may actually be less viable than Justin's. Hopefully the NCAA can see right through this and see this is nothing more than "I can't beat out Jake Fromm so I want to play somewhere else" .. I also noticed you mentioned this little nugget .. "Nope. GA, Al, MS, LA tensions are terrible. Lots of racism down there, believe it or not." Funny thing is you didn't mention the state of Tennessee but to your point, which you didn't really make a real one, racial tensions aren't worse in those states than many others in the US so stop trying to make something up to back up your agenda.

That's it in a nutshell .. if he had beaten out Fromm at some point in the season, I bet he suddenly doesn't mind the racist comments by one person at UGA who got kicked out of school (and was a star baseball player for the team at that) within the next week.

The way it’s setting up, Harrison Bailey and that class will be the guys who get us back to the sec championship game. Of course combined with with 2019 epic class that is being recruited currently. When the 2019 kids are sophomores, most likely juniors, I say we are right there in contention again.
So by 2021 from what I’ve predicted we could be 10-2. You thinking along those same lines??

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I've read some of the discussion in this thread. As a lawyer, I think UGA has to fight this. The message that would be sent by giving a release based on allegations of racism, not to mention the precedent, are just not something UGA can afford to let stand. If you grant the release, it's going to be perceived that Fields' was discriminated against. Everyone will use that against them and it would make it much harder to say no to anyone else who makes the same allegation.
I'm really not trying to be ugly but as a lawyer you should understand what is being argued ( in this thread anyway) and who is responsible for deciding it. I and others have said repeatedly that UGA doesn't have anything to "let stand". They do not have any say in granting a "release" under NCAA bylaws. Schools used to be able to designate where a player could transfer to, but no more. Are you referencing ruling in favor of a hardship waiver so that Fields can play in 2019? That is exclusively the purview of the NCAA to grant or not.
Given that Fields is participating in practices for UGA for the Sugar bowl he might be hurting his chances of asking for that hardship waiver anyhow.

Now you've just gone off the deep end stupid so anything else you say has zero merit. You're argument here may actually be less viable than Justin's. Hopefully the NCAA can see right through this and see this is nothing more than "I can't beat out Jake Fromm so I want to play somewhere else" .. I also noticed you mentioned this little nugget .. "Nope. GA, Al, MS, LA tensions are terrible. Lots of racism down there, believe it or not." Funny thing is you didn't mention the state of Tennessee but to your point, which you didn't really make a real one, racial tensions aren't worse in those states than many others in the US so stop trying to make something up to back up your agenda.

Fwiw was mentioning the deep south. TN isn't deep south. And yes it is worse. I've had MANY friends move elsewhere after college and return promptly, all had the same issue with racial tensions in Louisiana, South GA, Mississippi. Nothing like in many areas that lack the histrory those places have.

What's there to fight? Not up to them.
Didn’t say it was “up to them”, but there’s plenty “to fight”. If all you need to transfer freely is one redneck out of a campus of 30,000 to yell something racist? If he could even credibly allege that there was an organized movement in the student body to discriminate and intimidate him, with no repercussions from the university...that’s solid. He can’t. UGA identified the player and kicked him. So it’s race card low rent that no university wants to endorse.

VN Store

Back