Fields transferring

But is Fromm going to be as bad as a sports talk radio guy as Murray?? He sounds like a 50 yr old guy, and knows much much less. We’ve gotten a little reprieve on ESPN Radio (college sports), since he’s trying to make this new spring football league.
No lie. He's not good.

He gone sunshine and at this point it ain't got shat to do with Georgia... You mean Georgia had to go get outside counsel to defend what? and not have it handled from within the University legal dept? You willing to bet that that is not the only time that Sasser or others have made similar. Georgia didnt have a damn choice in what they did imo. I don't think he could win a civil suit against UGA for creating an untenable "work" environment or whatever the athletic equivalent is but the NCAA most likely will not want to fight the public backlash for having a kid say he is afraid of the culture there and couldn't get a fair shake. Funny thing about Federal stuff is most organizations would rather make it go away than fight it. His lawyer has a pretty good track record for getting waivers for less. And with all due respect it ain't got nothing to do with his sister or his family and any decent counsel will have him prepped for that. TIFWIW.

So would you let your daughter or sister go to school somewhere where you are afraid of the culture due to race? They have no case. I don't care that he is gone .. enough has come out since that makes most Dawg fans say "ok, what's done is done so move on" but to think the kid should get a waiver on something like that is just ridiculous.

So would you let your daughter or sister go to school somewhere where you are afraid of the culture due to race? They have no case. I don't care that he is gone .. enough has come out since that makes most Dawg fans say "ok, what's done is done so move on" but to think the kid should get a waiver on something like that is just ridiculous.
I'm trying to be nice and respectful but y 'all are making it hard. Once again reading comprehension or understanding that you and @OklahomaDawg have, is (to use y 'all's words) ridiculous and good for a laugh. I try not to say anything on the internet (even to opposing fans) I wouldn't say to someone's face so....
I don't think he should get a waiver what I said was he was going to use that as an excuse and the NCAA might grant it to avoid the optics. It is my opinion and nothing more based on the fact the he has retained counsel. The NCAA does not have the ability to depose the family or sister regarding Justin's case and he can say he told his sister that he didn't want her to go there because he was concerned about the race issue but she choose to ignore him. He will be prepped by counsel for how to answer this. For all we know he might say Kirby told him he couldn't have anymore salad bar only Carbs to bulk up and he is gluten intolerant lol.
As far as the sister enrolling or Justin leaving, Look at this way how many times do you think teenagers do things 180 opposite from what parents or siblings think is the right decision just so they see for themselves. Drugs are bad, underage drinking and driving, banging without protection, meeting a someone they met on social media, et al... and yet it happens every day and young adults make up excuses and (sometimes) learn valuable life and death lessons. For that matter its what adults and the legal system do...

Do you think that people REALLY file for divorce using My husband/ wife is a fat slob who doesn't want do the nasty anymore, I found someone more attractive, I cant take them yelling at me, they spend too much money, or do the attorneys file on grounds of irretrievable breakdown, irreconcilable differences, incompatibility, or the like?

Just so the Dawgs don't misunderstand again I'm gonna recap... I DO NOT believe that Fields is leaving Athens because he is afraid he is being racially discriminated against it I DO BELIEVE IS THE EXCUSE HE WILL USE TO PLAY IN 2019. I do believe that the NCAA might grant him a waiver against sitting out a year because its not an anthill they want to die on in the court of public opinion. Maybe they don't care and want to fight it...

Would be cooler to see Bammer lose to OU this year and then Saban shock the world by retiring.

Hate to say this but part of me is hoping Bama wins it all again because that will give ol' Saint Nick one more Natty than the Bear and that just might be enough to get Saban to head to the house...lake...booth whatever

I'm trying to be nice and respectful but y 'all are making it hard. Once again reading comprehension or understanding that you and @OklahomaDawg have, is (to use y 'all's words) ridiculous and good for a laugh. I try not to say anything on the internet (even to opposing fans) I wouldn't say to someone's face so....
I don't think he should get a waiver what I said was he was going to use that as an excuse and the NCAA might grant it to avoid the optics. It is my opinion and nothing more based on the fact the he has retained counsel. The NCAA does not have the ability to depose the family or sister regarding Justin's case and he can say he told his sister that he didn't want her to go there because he was concerned about the race issue but she choose to ignore him. He will be prepped by counsel for how to answer this. For all we know he might say Kirby told him he couldn't have anymore salad bar only Carbs to bulk up and he is gluten intolerant lol.
As far as the sister enrolling or Justin leaving, Look at this way how many times do you think teenagers do things 180 opposite from what parents or siblings think is the right decision just so they see for themselves. Drugs are bad, underage drinking and driving, banging without protection, meeting a someone they met on social media, et al... and yet it happens every day and young adults make up excuses and (sometimes) learn valuable life and death lessons. For that matter its what adults and the legal system do...

Do you think that people REALLY file for divorce using My husband/ wife is a fat slob who doesn't want do the nasty anymore, I found someone more attractive, I cant take them yelling at me, they spend too much money, or do the attorneys file on grounds of irretrievable breakdown, irreconcilable differences, incompatibility, or the like?

Just so the Dawgs don't misunderstand again I'm gonna recap... I DO NOT believe that Fields is leaving Athens because he is afraid he is being racially discriminated against it I DO BELIEVE IS THE EXCUSE HE WILL USE TO PLAY IN 2019. I do believe that the NCAA might grant him a waiver against sitting out a year because its not an anthill they want to die on in the court of public opinion. Maybe they don't care and want to fight it...
That's all I've heard around here, that he's claiming discrimination. I agree that the NCAA will probably Grant a waiver to avoid the negative publicity, but it'll open the door for this every time a player isn't cutting it at a school. It's a bad look for fields Imo, since the majority of the team is his race, and starts and plays. He wasn't ever gonna beat out Fromm, and he's butt hurt about it. Jmo

Reactions: bag12day
That's all I've heard around here, that he's claiming discrimination. I agree that the NCAA will probably Grant a waiver to avoid the negative publicity, but it'll open the door for this every time a player isn't cutting it at a school. It's a bad look for fields Imo, since the majority of the team is his race, and starts and plays. He wasn't ever gonna beat out Fromm, and he's butt hurt about it. Jmo
Finally somebody get it... JFTR Fields aint gonna care what the people think if he gets to start at OSU or UT or ? in 2019

Reactions: joevol33
Kirby has 0 to say about it... new rules are different.
You're right. I just looked it up and the way I understand it, the whole "permission to contact" has been eliminated as of Oct 15th of this year. Once a transfer's name is entered on the portal, he can be contacted by anybody.

Reactions: Remy
You're right. I just looked it up and the way I understand it, the whole "permission to contact" has been eliminated as of Oct 15th of this year. Once a transfer's name is entered on the portal, he can be contacted by anybody.
Correct and the conference can make some more restrictive "rules" about schools in Conf. that can contact him but they wont cause otherwise they might lose their "talent" to the big 10 or Pac 12. Right now any athlete in the portal can be contacted by anyone.

So I heard he hired Thomas Mars, Shea Patterson’s lawyer, and will most definitely get a waiver granted. He pullled the race card and it’s gonna work. He’llbeat the system. He’s not threatened at all just a smokescreen

Reactions: Devo182
His playing time or chance to play has nothing to do with it.... You said earlier it that you need studs.... Mathis is a stud....

You're contradicting yourself

Mathis? lol he's barely a 4 star. Though 247 themselves, which I trust more than the composite, has him as an 86. 900th player in the country. woof

It's personal to Justin. All he has to say is he is fearful of going there, due to what was yelled at him. Doesn't have to apply to anyone else. The NCAA absolutely knows it won't put itself in front of that shitstorm and he'll get the waiver.

And hope he considers us.

I've read some of the discussion in this thread. As a lawyer, I think UGA has to fight this. The message that would be sent by giving a release based on allegations of racism, not to mention the precedent, are just not something UGA can afford to let stand. If you grant the release, it's going to be perceived that Fields' was discriminated against. Everyone will use that against them and it would make it much harder to say no to anyone else who makes the same allegation.

Reactions: Behr
It's personal to Justin. All he has to say is he is fearful of going there, due to what was yelled at him. Doesn't have to apply to anyone else. The NCAA absolutely knows it won't put itself in front of that shitstorm and he'll get the waiver.

And hope he considers us.

Sorry, I wouldn't want him at the UT. If he's pulling this stuff at Georgia due to being butthurt for losing the starting position, he could do it to us. Matter-of-fact, I think a Clausen brother or someone did that in Fulmer's day as an excuse for opting to go to Texas instead of Tennessee. And that claim might have had substance to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Sorry, I wouldn't want him at the UT. If he's pulling this stuff at Georgia due to being butthurt for losing the starting position, he could do it to us. Matter-of-fact, I think a Clausen brother or someone did that in Fulmer's day as an excuse for opting to go to Texas instead of Tennessee. And that claim might have had substance to it.

Butthurt? lol people transfer all the time. Ya gonna call Solomon butthurt too?

What is he "pulling"? Transferring? So we never take transfers now good lord. He's an absolutely elite qb. And it's pretty unlikely he'd transfer again, but whats the risk? 1 scholly? Well worth it. But guess we'll let OU get em all and win heismans while we sit on our high horse.

I've read some of the discussion in this thread. As a lawyer, I think UGA has to fight this. The message that would be sent by giving a release based on allegations of racism, not to mention the precedent, are just not something UGA can afford to let stand. If you grant the release, it's going to be perceived that Fields' was discriminated against. Everyone will use that against them and it would make it much harder to say no to anyone else who makes the same allegation.

No one is giving him a release. Schools no longer do that, it's not up to them.

Reactions: Remy
So I heard he hired Thomas Mars, Shea Patterson’s lawyer, and will most definitely get a waiver granted. He pullled the race card and it’s gonna work. He’llbeat the system. He’s not threatened at all just a smokescreen

Good for him, wouldnt feel safe at that racist ass school either. The "deep south" never changed.

Butthurt? lol people transfer all the time. Ya gonna call Solomon butthurt too?

What is he "pulling"? Transferring? So we never take transfers now good lord. He's an absolutely elite qb. And it's pretty unlikely he'd transfer again, but whats the risk? 1 scholly? Well worth it. But guess we'll let OU get em all and win heismans while we sit on our high horse.

Uh..., well..., let's see. Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now tell me what you know.

And I still don't want Fields here, but if we somehow got Brett Rypien here, I'd be fine with that. Looking at me cross-eyed won't change anything you dastardly Devo, you.

VN Store

Back