FBI sting

Donvolson

John Donelson
I don’t have that many details but am assured 50 people were arrested in FBI sting. Wake Forrest was named as one of the potential schools who could receive the death penalty. It is the largest cheating scandal in sports history. I haven’t read any articles and was hopeful volnation could post updates to this thread. I’m told UCLA, Stanford and Yale... yes Yale have all been caught red handed. Look for more arrests today.

I don’t have that many details but am assured 50 people were arrested in FBI sting. Wake Forrest was named as one of the potential schools who could receive the death penalty. It is the largest cheating scandal in sports history. I haven’t read any articles and was hopeful volnation could post updates to this thread. I’m told UCLA, Stanford and Yale... yes Yale have all been caught red handed. Look for more arrests today.

This particular scandal doesn't involve any actual athletes. A bunch of rich people bribed various folks, a few of them coaches, to help get their kids into college.

Death penalty? Because the volleyball coach accepted bribes?

Yea, I don’t think so

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman are among approximately 50 people indicted Tuesday in a widespread and sophisticated college admission bribery scheme in which parents are accused of paying off college coaches and standardized testing administrators millions of dollars in order to get their children into elite universities.

The racketeering conspiracy case includes 33 parents, as well nine coaches from universities that include USC, UCLA, Yale, Stanford and Georgetown. The entire operation was masterminded by William Singer of Newport Beach, authorities said.

Prosecutors said the coaches were bribed to indicate students were being considered as athletic recruits because universities, “typically apply different criteria when evaluating applications from students with demonstrated athletic abilities.”

“These parents are a catalog of wealth and privilege,” U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling said at a Tuesday news conference in Boston. “They include, for example, CEOs of private and public companies, successful securities and real estate investors, two well known actresses, a famous fashion designer, and the co-chairman of a global law firm.”

Parents charged in the alleged scheme are accused of paying Singer a total of $25 million between 2011 and February 2019 for the arrangement. Singer used some of that money to bribe test administrators and college coaches. He would hire stand-ins to take SAT and ACT exams for the students, along with proctors to correct wrong answers. He would also create fake athletic profiles to help get students admitted into athletic programs.

Schools involved include; Wake Forest,USC,UCLA,Yale,Standford,Georgetown among others

Wait. What? Trump didn't attend any of those schools.

The AD departments at those schools if players were listed will have some explaining of how they had players on rosters that obviously werent on teams. Yes issue is with Rogue coaches but if any rosters had those players surely Athletic Directors or at least assistant athletic directors know the names of athletes goven walk on or practice participants for insurance liability reasons. So how did this skate by? This should be penalties higher than the rogue mercenary coaches accepting bribes.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
The AD departments at those schools if players were listed will have some explaining of how they had players on rosters that obviously werent on teams. Yes issue is with Rogue coaches but if any rosters had those players surely Athletic Directors or at least assistant athletic directors know the names of athletes goven walk on or practice participants for insurance liability reasons. So how did this skate by? This should be penalties higher than the rogue mercenary coaches accepting bribes.

The kids never had to be on a roster or ever even show up for a practice. They bribed the coaches to classify the kids as a recruit (preferred walk on) so they could take advantage of the lower admission standards for athletes. Once the kid was accepted they didn't have to be on the team to stay in school.

Aunt Becky? You bribed someone?

tenor.gif

So the kids will be thrown out of school and have to pay the schools back. The rich will have a court room full of lawyers and get a slap on the wrist.

So the kids will be thrown out of school and have to pay the schools back. The rich will have a court room full of lawyers and get a slap on the wrist.

As long as their tuition checks don't bounce the kids will not be thrown out of school.

The kids never had to be on a roster or ever even show up for a practice. They bribed the coaches to classify the kids as a recruit (preferred walk on) so they could take advantage of the lower admission standards for athletes. Once the kid was accepted they didn't have to be on the team to stay in school.
I'm glad you mentioned that part, because colleges will sit there until they are blue in the face and tell you they don't have lower admissions standards for athletes. If that was the case, then parents bribing college coaches to get them designated as an athlete would make no sense.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

It will be very difficult to supplant SMU as the worst cheating scandal ever!

If you ARE cheating, and still losing, no one cares.

The Tennessee Titans / Houston Oilers have cheated for 60+ years. But, the Patriots could care less.

It will be very difficult to supplant SMU as the worst cheating scandal ever!

I believe the FBI/Adidas case will make SMU look like a kid taking a piece of bubble gum before its over. As many as 30 schools are supposed to be involved. And lets be honest, Nike is the big player in college basketball. No telling what could come out if the investigation goes in that direction.

I believe the FBI/Adidas case will make SMU look like a kid taking a piece of bubble gum before its over. As many as 30 schools are supposed to be involved. And lets be honest, Nike is the big player in college basketball. No telling what could come out if the investigation goes in that direction.
why do you always post half truths/speculative stuff? I feel like you know the truth and just post this crap as clickbait.

Adidas has been caught, but Nike hasn't been hit with anything serious as of yet. And the ones that have gotten in trouble have gotten VERY VERY lightly.

VN Store

Back