FBI Sets Up Michigan Militia

Croft and Harris were also charged with possession of an unregistered destructive device. Harris was charged with possession of a semi-automatic assault rifle that wasn't registered to him.

So maybe a really dumb question, but exactly how are weapons "registered"? I can't recall ever seeing a form or a requirement to register a weapon like we do cars, for example. I've bought a couple of handguns and have a sales receipt and passed the background checks. Does that constitute "registration"? This seems to be one of the most mysterious requirements - or do news people simply not know what the hell they are talking about. I might have a handful of other handguns that I inherited, but as far as I know nobody has printed a law saying I have to declare them to some state or federal agency. I'd also assume that any weapons lost at the bottom of a body of water wouldn't need to be registered in any case. Wouldn't "registration" infringe on the 2nd Amendment anyway?

So maybe a really dumb question, but exactly how are weapons "registered"? I can't recall ever seeing a form or a requirement to register a weapon like we do cars, for example. I've bought a couple of handguns and have a sales receipt and passed the background checks. Does that constitute "registration"? This seems to be one of the most mysterious requirements - or do news people simply not know what the hell they are talking about. I might have a handful of other handguns that I inherited, but as far as I know nobody has printed a law saying I have to declare them to some state or federal agency. I'd also assume that any weapons lost at the bottom of a body of water wouldn't need to be registered in any case. Wouldn't "registration" infringe on the 2nd Amendment anyway?

I don't know if MI has a firearms registry or not, states can have them. Either way chalk up another L for the FBI.

Judge Orders Retrial in Whitmer Kidnapping Case

A federal judge ordered two defendants charged in an alleged Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) kidnapping scheme to face a retrial, setting a tentative start date for Aug. 9.

The two men charged in the purported plot were back in the courtroom Thursday, arguing the charges against them be dismissed, but the judge denied the request and demanded a new trial instead. Nearly three months ago, a jury deadlocked on the charges against them and a mistrial was declared.

Lawyers for Adam Fox, 38, and Barry Croft, 46, who had been charged in the alleged plot, argued that prosecutors lacked evidence to convict the pair of the kidnapping conspiracy and other charges against them. In April, a jury cleared two of their co-defendants — Daniel Harris, 24, and Brandon Caserta, 34 — of kidnapping charges against them but was unable to reach a unanimous decision on Fox and Croft, resulting in a mistrial.

Judge orders retrial in Whitmer kidnapping case

The Night of the Long Knives. Chancellor Adolf Hitler, urged on by Hermann Göring and Heinrich Himmler, ordered a series of political extrajudicial executions intended to consolidate his power. Nazi propaganda presented the murders as a preventive measure against an alleged imminent coup by the Brown Shirts.

Fascists using an elite force and the media to take out political opponents, blaming a coup?

All these examples show why no federal law enforcement agency should ever be trusted. Don't talk to them, don't cooperate with them, don't ever get involved with them in any way, shape, or form. Just last night a friend of mine who works for the postal service told me that the Postal Inspectors were placing cash in mail boxes to see if any of the postal carriers would steal it. Dirty entrapping bastards.

Reactions: davethevol
Still haven’t found the Jan 6 DC pipe bomber.

Oh yes we did... same situation as this
But Judge McMahon wrote that Cromitie was a small-time "grifter" who was broke and unemployed when he was enlisted in the FBI driven plot, who provided fake bombs to plant in exchange for $250,000 in the "jihadist mission."

Also...
Tamerlan Tsarnaev: Terrorist. Murderer. Federal Informant?

Sometimes, though, the program backfired and inadvertently turned informants into radicals. According to a report issued by Human Rights Watch and the Human Rights Institute at Columbia University Law School, “Indeed, in some cases the Federal Bureau of Investigation may have created terrorists out of law-abiding individuals by conducting sting operations that facilitated or invented the target’s willingness to act. According to multiple studies, nearly 50 percent of the more than 500 federal counterterrorism convictions resulted from informant-based cases; almost 30 percent of those cases were sting operations in which the informant played an active role in the underlying plot.”

VN Store

Back