Favorite Wr At Ut

TennFan

Who is/was your favorite WR at Tennessee? It's hard for me to pick just one.
You can pick two in this case. I liked Peerless Price and Carl Pickens. The first one was easy, the second one was harder to pick with so many good ones from "Wide Receiver U." Speed in both cases and good hands. Peerless was MVP of the NC game! :good: :thumbsup:

I would have to say Joey Kent, Cedric Wilson, and Peerless Price.....all big play makers.....and Price made "The Catch" in the NC game in 98'..... :good: :good:

1. Joey Kent
2. Marcus Nash
3. Cedrick Wilson
4. Peerless Price
5. Jermaine Copeland----- He didn't have the most yards or anything, but he sure was a clutch receiver.

I liked JJ McKleski(SPELL?) not a big time name but he always seemed to make a big play when we really needed it and played with lots of "heart"!

My fav was Craig(?), but I can't remember his last name. He was a slot receiver and had the best hands I've ever seen and was super fast. Sort of reminds me of Brandon Stokely.

My favorite was Thomas "TD" Woods. He didn't make alot of highlight reels, but he was consistant. He always ran good routes and had good hands.

Close second would be Carl Pickens. I think he is the most talented ever.

Peerless Price (how can you not after the 98 NC? :bow:
mvpprice.jpg

Marcus Nash
Carl Pickens
joey Kent

Originally posted by utvolpj@Feb 15, 2005 5:30 PM
My fav was Craig(?), but I can't remember his last name. He was a slot receiver and had the best hands I've ever seen and was super fast. Sort of reminds me of Brandon Stokely.

Craig Faulkner?

My top 5 receivers would be

1. Willie Gault - 1982
2. Stan Trott - 1972
3. Peerless Price - 1998
4. Stanley Morgan - 1976
5. Joey Kent - 1996

:good:

Yep, it was Faulkner. I just liked the way he played. Also, Joey Kent for that catch in the Bama game.

Originally posted by OldVol@Feb 15, 2005 5:28 PM
Richmond Flowers.

Now; go look that one up. ;)

You are older than dirt... :rocks: I also watched Richmond play in the mid 60s.He played above his ability-a good one.. :good: :good:

My choice would be Joey Kent..

The best WR to ever put on an Orange & White Uniform is Larry Seivers and no one else even comes close.

I'd have to say stallworth. Kelly Washington prolly coulda also been one of ut's greats if he woulda kept his mouth shut and played to the best of his ability without being selfish.

So we can only pick two? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm:

Willie Gault, Alvin Harper, Tim McGee, Carl Pickens, Peerless Price, Stanley Morgan, Joey Kent, Marcus Nash, Donte Stallworth, Cory Fleming, Cedrick Wilson, Thomas Woods, Craig Faulkner, Jeremaine Copeland, and one I remember from when I first started watching the vols, Anthony Hancock. Were you serious about the pick two?? BTW, these are only the ones I actually got to see play and could think of. There are so many others my mind doesnt click on right now, past, present, and most importantly, future. I hope our best are here now and they keep on coming.

Originally posted by OldVol@Feb 15, 2005 5:28 PM
Richmond Flowers.

Now; go look that one up. ;)

I remember Richmond Flowers. He was recruited by BAMA too. He played for the Dallas Cowboys. Great hands.

The others that were mentioned: Gault, Morgan, Seivers, McGee, Harper, Nash, Stallworth, Washington were all awesome. I even remember Stanley Morgan playing for the Patroits. McGee played for the Bengals. Does anyone remember where Harper played in the NFL? Think Gault played for the Bears.
The Vols have been blessed with WR's and running backs too! :good:

I almost forgot to mention another WR. He was a QB in high school. Even though he may not have been the best he set records for his time. Does anyone remember Johnny Mills? Graduated from UT in 1966. His high was 12 catches against UCLA.

For me its Peerless Price. '98 was the first year I started following the team(I was 8 years old then) and he was my hero that season. I'll never for get that 100 kickoff return for a touchdown agianst Bama that season.

VN Store

Back